2025 Alaska and South America itineraries due out the end of July. 🤞

Ken the cruiser

Los Angeles  Juneau  Skagway  Glacier Bay National Park (Scenic Cruising)  Sitka  Icy Strait Point  Ketchikan  Victoria, B.C.  Los Angeles

Aug 30

Grand Princess®️

More Ashore

Ultimate Alaska
with Glacier Bay National Park

Seattle  Ketchikan  Ju

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We also enjoy the Coral.  We will be on the Oct '24, 32-day, Singapore to LA, sailing.

Coral was our very first Princess Cruise back in 2004 (Panama Canal).  And we will be on her for 180 days in 2024 (WC, Sydney to Perth and Perth to Singapore) so I sure hope we like her!  

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I like that itinerary too.  Hope the price comes down, we’ll see.  
How do you all feel about the Ruby?  Haven’t sailed on her. TIA

I really liked the Ruby. I sailed on her 64 days from Nov 2021 to Sept 2022.  I did miss Alfredo’s. The IC, vines, crooners were all great.  I love the upper decks especially the aft area, you can get out on top of the bridge, the full promenade, I love that Sabatini’s is aft and up on deck 16 with Adagio next door. Of course it has sky walkers. I stayed in balconies, minis and full suites. The beds were fabulous in all but the couches were only nice in the full suites. The minis need their couches upgraded. But I found that need for new couches in the minis on the Sapphire and Emerald too. 

The crew was exceptional during those months. I’ve noticed a bit of a decline in the new crew training in my last few sailings. Those that have been around for 20 years really are a whole other level of great compared to some of these new crew. The ship will be fine, it’ll be the crew that will make or break the sailing. There’s a whole new crew on her now and I haven’t sailed with them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Coral said:

I would rank Coral Princess my first choice and Sapphire my 2nd choice. Caribbean Princess would be my last choice.

The Coral Princess has outdoor viewing areas on the forward and aft area (outside for glaciers, etc..). It does lack Skywalker's (I don't go up there for viewing on these ships - just for quiet time). I will go up there for reading, etc.... It also has a covered pool.

Benefits of Sapphire would be Skywalker's, wider promenade deck, pizzeria restaurant, covered pool area.

I like the covered pool area because it spaces people out when it is cold/raining. On the Caribbean Princess (and other ships that lack a covered pool) - when it is cold and rainy, it seems more crowded inside. It also has 500 more passengers than Sapphire Princess (so it is more crowded). 

I would go with Sapphire or Coral Princess. I prefer smaller ships, thus Coral Princess would be a great choice.

Thank you for this input Coral - and thank you for always being the early bird in posting all the new cruise info - always appreciated.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I really liked the Ruby. I sailed on her 64 days from Nov 2021 to Sept 2022.  I did miss Alfredo’s. The IC, vines, crooners were all great.  I love the upper decks especially the aft area, you can get out on top of the bridge, the full promenade, I love that Sabatini’s is aft and up on deck 16 with Adagio next door. Of course it has sky walkers. I stayed in balconies, minis and full suites. The beds were fabulous in all but the couches were only nice in the full suites. The minis need their couches upgraded. But I found that need for new couches in the minis on the Sapphire and Emerald too. 

The crew was exceptional during those months. I’ve noticed a bit of a decline in the new crew training in my last few sailings. Those that have been around for 20 years really are a whole other level of great compared to some of these new crew. The ship will be fine, it’ll be the crew that will make or break the sailing. There’s a whole new crew on her now and I haven’t sailed with them. 

Absolutely!  The crew makes the cruise and Princess does it so well.

Appreciate the feedback.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I like that itinerary too.  Hope the price comes down, we’ll see.  
How do you all feel about the Ruby?  Haven’t sailed on her. TIA

We sailed on six cruises (B2B and B2B2B2B) on Ruby this year and had a blast.  We always love Crooners and Skywalkers and the general ambiance was great.  The crew was exceptional. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

Do you know what time the Alaska cruises open to the general public on Aug 3rd?  Can a TA book a cabin for someone who is not elite before that time?

I am just deleting this as I get my time zones wrong......

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Do you know what time the Alaska cruises open to the general public on Aug 3rd?  Can a TA book a cabin for someone who is not elite before that time?

According to my very experienced & competent princess CVP the Alaska itineraries open at 8 am pacific time Aug 2 for elites and 8 am pacific Aug 3 for all. No bookings can be made for those without elite status prior to Aug 3rd unless they are sharing a cabin with an elite.  (The South American bookings open in July). 

Even though I know bookings don’t open until 8 am pacific I always start checking at midnight “just in case”. Especially when it’s an itinerary I’m really excited about and there is a cabin I really want for it. I’ve never seen them open early but I’m like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Kinda bummed they aren’t doing the repositioning to Antarctica direct from LA on the Sapphire. I’ve been waiting for these to come out since that was going to be our big adventure that year but ohh well we’ll have to work around it

• Like 1