Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

9 minutes ago, fraulein65 said:

I noticed also that the trip before the TP was pulled as well. Is a bit concerning. Hope everything is ok. This is a very special trip that we have been planning for years

It’s odd that they aren’t available but it could be just a glitch.

Ovation is still booked it Tahiti for the transpacific.

If it was to go via Singapore it would drop into Darwin in northern Australia but there’s no port bookings.

Time will tell .

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Suez is closed for passenger ships right now and probably for quite some month down the road .....if she can't get to Singapore in Oktober 24 ...she can't do a TP in 2025!

And the decision to re-deploy her will not be made later than May - I totally doubt Suez will take passenger ships before the end of 24 - So they need to rethink Anthem's deployment!

Wonder what a new deployment for Anthem would look like. Is it possible that they would end up bringing her back to Cape Liberty in Fall 2024, and deploying Odyssey somewhere else? 

Suez is closed for passenger ships right now and probably for quite some month down the road .....if she can't get to Singapore in Oktober 24 ...she can't do a TP in 2025!

And the decision to re-deploy her will not be made later than May - I totally doubt Suez will take passenger ships before the end of 24 - So they need to rethink Anthem's deployment!

Where do you get that information.  Or is it just your thinking?  I am really curious.  I know for a fact that Royal always  has a plan B and plans for every port for every ship before they even sail.  Things happen and they re quick to one up with other plans. Odyssey Holyland October 15, 2023 was a perfect example.  They pulled up a new itinerary and notified everyone within hours.  So you would think they already have plan B in the works for Anthem.  This speculation is crazy.  

• Like 2

I'd question your claim that it's closed to passenger vessels.  NCL Dawn Transited with pax less than a month ago. Perhaps it's risky or even ill-advised, but, not closed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I'd question your claim that it's closed to passenger vessels.  NCL Dawn Transited with pax less than a month ago. Perhaps it's risky or even ill-advised, but, not closed.

That was before the drone attacks on civil ships! Did you read up on all the freight lines sending their ships around Africa to avoid the Suez?

Edited by cruiseboy89130

On 12/25/2023 at 2:52 PM, tottenhamfc said:

So what will they offer in your experience for cancelled deployments? The Ovation TP is over the top pricewise. So you think we will know by May 24 

There is little consistency in my experience.  I've run the gamut on redeployment offers, from nothing more than a full refund without compensation for air, to being offered price protection on other sailings and credits for air expenses with a little OBC for the inconvenience.  Royal does inconsistency really, really well.

• Like 1

There is a coalition led by the US to keep the canal open. It is being formulated currently and will include warships from different countries. I say this will all be under control quicker than we think.Maersk is now going back to the canal and foregoing the Africa route. From article below.

The Rea Sea is the entry point for ships using the Suez Canal, which handles about 12% of worldwide trade and is vital for the movement of goods between Asia and Europe. Houthi attacks have seen some ships rerouted around Africa's Cape of Good Hope, substantially increasing sailing time and costs.

Denmark's giant container firm Maersk said on Saturday it would resume shipping operations in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. But Germany's Hapag Lloyd said on Wednesday it still believes the Red Sea is too dangerous and will continue to send ships around the Cape of Good Hope.

Edited by tottenhamfc
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Yes it is open - what is your point? Semantics?

Sorry, but, the difference between closed - your original claim - and open is not semantics. But, nevermind.

It will be interesting to see what plays out, especially with the Serenade in a few months. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Sorry, but, the difference between closed - your original claim - and open is not semantics. But, nevermind.

It will be interesting to see what plays out, especially with the Serenade in a few months. 

I said closed for PASSENGER ships! Which is true - Egypt will not give them permission at the current time.....

FWIW I'm in Egypt currently.

Edited by cruiseboy89130

11 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Agree, Thank you! 

• Like 1

I am still confused on your almost definitive no go to Asia scenario. Why can RCCL not make an executive decision to change a couple of cruises to go around Africa rather than making numerous changes to ship deployment. This really is no different to Covid except they would fill the ships on going around Africa. I have no clue about this stuff but would like to hear your logic.

I’m a glass half full person. If I worried about what could or would happen 6 months to 2 years in advance, I would be at the Drs. monthly with ulcers. Things happen and there is nothing we can do about it. It is what it is. I just put negative Nellie’s (or Ned’s) on my ignore list. Makes it much easier to find important info that comes up, like Deployment, which this thread is about.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

I am still confused on your almost definitive no go to Asia scenario. Why can RCCL not make an executive decision to change a couple of cruises to go around Africa rather than making numerous changes to ship deployment. This really is no different to Covid except they would fill the ships on going around Africa. I have no clue about this stuff but would like to hear your logic.

Of course Royal can simply adjust some cruises to relocate ships around Africa to keep the current deployment schedule. There is currently no reason to reshuffle all ships as some are speculating here. Suez is currently not closed for cruise or cargo ships by any government decision but shipping lines decide to avoid it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Could someone please post the summary of where all ships will be based please? I’ve lost track!

Unknown is still Jewel. 

Here is the current schedule for Summer 2025. Anything in red is based on speculation and port bookings but still to be confirmed by Royal.

Summer 2025:

Adventure - 6/8 Night Caribbean (Port Canaveral, Florida)

Allure - 7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona, Spain & Civitavecchia, Italy)

Anthem - 7 Night Alaska (Seattle, Washington)

Brilliance - 7 Night Greece, Cyprus & Turkey (Athens, Greece)

Enchantment - TBD

Explorer - 7 Night Greece & Adriatic (Ravenna, Italy)

Freedom - Short Caribbean (TBD)

Grandeur - 7 Night Caribbean & Bahamas (Tampa, Florida)

Harmony - 6/7/8 Night Caribbean (Galveston, Texas)

Icon - 7 Night Caribbean (Miami, Florida)

Independence - Northern & Western Europe (Southampton, England)

Jewel - Caribbean (TBD)

Liberty - Bermuda, Canada & Caribbean (Cape Liberty, NJ)

Mariner - Short Caribbean (TBD)

Navigator - Catalina, Ensenada & Mexico (Los Angeles, California)

Oasis - 5/6/7/8 Night Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)

Odyssey - 7/9/10/12 Night Greece, Italy & Turkey (Civitavecchia, Italy)

Ovation - Asia (TBD)

Quantum - 7 Night Alaska (Seattle, Washington)

Radiance - 7 Night Alaska (Seward, Alaska & Vancouver, Canada)

Rhapsody - 7/8 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan, Puerto Rico)

Serenade - 7 Night Alaska Inside Passage (Vancouver, Canada)

Spectrum - Asia (TBD)

Star - 7 Night Caribbean (Port Canaveral, Florida

Symphony - 7 Night Bahamas (Cape Liberty, NJ)

Utopia - Short Caribbean (TBD)

Vision - Bahamas, Canada & Bermuda (Baltimore, Maryland)

Voyager - Western & Eastern Mediterranean (Barcelona, Spain & Ravenna, Italy & Rome, Italy & Athens, Greece)

Wonder - Short Caribbean (TBD)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

When I look at the Deployment schedule this is what's shown for the area I'm interested in.

"Coming Soon Remaining Deployment April 2025 – October 2026"

The cruise I'm interested in is a 12 night going the Southern Caribbean out of Miami.  Does "Coming Soon" mean it's after the last scheduled release of the Week of February 19, 2024 or does it mean soon, as in any day?

I appreciate any help.  Thank you

9 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

Does "Coming Soon" mean it's after the last scheduled release of the Week of February 19, 2024 or does it mean soon, as in any day?

Not sure anyone can really answer this without inside info (like a TA) but I read it as after the last scheduled release.

7 hours ago, CFLRetired said:

When I look at the Deployment schedule this is what's shown for the area I'm interested in.

"Coming Soon Remaining Deployment April 2025 – October 2026"

The cruise I'm interested in is a 12 night going the Southern Caribbean out of Miami.  Does "Coming Soon" mean it's after the last scheduled release of the Week of February 19, 2024 or does it mean soon, as in any day?

I appreciate any help.  Thank you

The Coming Soon

Normally defers  to the rest of the Deployment like Australia, Singapore, China and anything else.

We probably will not see this group until around Easter or even later.