Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

Definitely some changes to Ovation. There are changes to the 12 nights repositioning cruise from Beijing to Singapore on 08 Oct 2025. The alternative option now is a 11 nights Tokyo to Singapore repositioning. 

Option 1: Stay on our new 11-Night cruise on Ovation of the Seas sailing from Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan and disembarking in Singapore:

• Sailing on October 9, 2025, and visiting:
    • Nagasaki, Japan | Jeju (Hwasun Bay), South Korea | Hong Kong, China | Nha Trang, Vietnam | and Ho Chi Minh City (Phu May), Vietnam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder what the story is there?

It looks like Ovation finishes in September and Quantum takes over.

Do you think they are giving China a miss?

Do you think Ovation might take over Voyager?

Does not look like China is ready for 2 ships yet.

I would not be surprised if Brisbane does not get a Royal ship 25/26.

Bailey has confirmed Ovation is off to Los Angeles for Summer 2025 then going to Singapore.

We assume Serenade is off to Florida 25/26 but I am waiting for it go on sale to speculate more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Bailey has confirmed Ovation is off to Los Angeles for Summer 2025 then going to Singapore.

Port bookings in LA to back this up.

Los Angeles, California - Port Bookings (Correct as of 17/7/24)

Ovation now showing regularly throughout the summer, in addition to Navigator, with her first call set for 27th May and last call set for 23rd Sept.

May 25:

2nd - Navigator OTS

4th - Radiance OTS

5th - Navigator OTS

9th - Navigator OTS

16th - Navigator OTS

19th - Navigator OTS

23rd - Navigator OTS

27th - Ovation OTS

28th - Ovation OTS

30th - Navigator OTS

June 25:

2nd - Navigator OTS

3rd - Ovation OTS

6th - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

9th - Navigator OTS

11th Ovation OTS

13th - Navigator OTS

17th - Ovation OTS

20th - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

23rd - Navigator OTS

25th - Ovation OTS

27th - Navigator OTS

30th - Navigator OTS

July 25:

4th - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

9th - Ovation OTS

11th - Navigator OTS

15th - Ovation OTS

18th - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

21st - Navigator OTS

23rd - Ovation OTS

25th - Navigator OTS

28th - Navigator OTS

29th - Ovation OTS

August 25:

1st - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

4th - Navigator OTS

6th - Ovation OTS

8th - Navigator OTS

11th - Navigator OTS

12th - Ovation OTS

15th - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

20th - Ovation OTS

22nd - Navigator OTS

25th - Navigator OTS

26th - Ovation OTS

29th - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

September 25:

3rd - Ovation OTS

5th - Navigator OTS

8th - Navigator OTS

9th - Ovation OTS

12th - Navigator OTS & Ovation OTS

15th - Navigator OTS

17th - Ovation OTS

19th - Navigator OTS

21st - Serenade OTS

23rd - Ovation OTS

26th - Navigator OTS

29th - Navigator OTS

• Like 1

Unfortunately Ovation will have the same crappy three, five and six night itineraries that they gave QN. Not sure why they couldn’t throw in some seven or eight night MR cruises or longer cruises to Hawaii. I know that shorter cruises seem to be the thing right now but throw us a bone. I also noticed that on some days both NV and OV or QN are in port at the same time. That will be fun as both terminals are not large enough to handle those two ships comfortably and the parking is already tight. 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ship-operations/royal-caribbean-sending-2nd-ship-los-angeles-lieu-china-taking-part-port-rfp

3 hours ago, Cruising89143 said:

Unfortunately Ovation will have the same crappy three, five and six night itineraries that they gave QN. Not sure why they couldn’t throw in some seven or eight night MR cruises or longer cruises to Hawaii. I know that shorter cruises seem to be the thing right now but throw us a bone. I also noticed that on some days both NV and OV or QN are in port at the same time. That will be fun as both terminals are not large enough to handle those two ships comfortably and the parking is already tight. 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ship-operations/royal-caribbean-sending-2nd-ship-los-angeles-lieu-china-taking-part-port-rfp

West coast MX ports are not typically capable of many ships at the same time.  Given there are other cruise lines vying for berths it's complicated, especially for extra large ships and for tendering in Cabo.  

Hawaii on Q class is unappealing due to the limited ports that can berth Q class.  

There just are not a lot of destination options for west coast cruising and with the competition consuming berths it's a wonder they managed to get anything for Ovation with this much lead time.  

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

West coast MX ports are not typically capable of many ships at the same time.  Given there are other cruise lines vying for berths it's complicated, especially for extra large ships and for tendering in Cabo.  

Hawaii on Q class is unappealing due to the limited ports that can berth Q class.  

There just are not a lot of destination options for west coast cruising and with the competition consuming berths it's a wonder they managed to get anything for Ovation with this much lead time.  

During the summer it’s just Carnival and Royal. All of the other ships are north. Yes, it does get a little busier in the fall/winter but Royal could have gained spots at Mazatlan and PV. They don’t seem to have an issue with Cabo with either Ovation or Quantum. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Ovation has been operating in some pretty small islands in the Pacific for years.

4 hours ago, mil76 said:

When do they break ground on "Perfect Day at Ensenada"?  😝

"Pretty Good Day".

The sheer number of ships porting monthly in Ensenada doesn't justify too much investment into the port. Around 200 ships year.(?)

24 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

"Pretty Good Day".

The sheer number of ships porting monthly in Ensenada doesn't justify too much investment into the port. Around 200 ships year.(?)

Okay Day has a nice rhyme, lol

54 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

"Pretty Good Day".

Especially when you consider that for most of those sailings, Ensenada is only on the itinerary to satisfy the PVSA.

”Perfunctory Day at Ensenada”

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ovation has been operating in some pretty small islands in the Pacific for years.

Yes but usually by itself.

When NCL has a large ship at Cabo they hire every single local tender leaving every other ship in port that day to use only their lifeboats.  The volume of tenders from all the ships can make Cabo difficult when another large ship or several small ships are in port.  I've been there when it took 4 hours to offload Vision using tenders.  We were in port for 6 hours.  We left several hours late that day because it also took 4 hours to get everyone back on board. 

Vision has half the capacity of Q class. 

I'm not even sure Cabo would allow two large ships to visit on the same day.  If they did the tendering would be a nightmare.    

21 hours ago, YLee said:

Definitely some changes to Ovation. There are changes to the 12 nights repositioning cruise from Beijing to Singapore on 08 Oct 2025. The alternative option now is a 11 nights Tokyo to Singapore repositioning. 

How long do you have to decide?

18 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

How long do you have to decide?

Have until 30th July. The only other alternative is to cancel. 

Unfortunately I haven’t had a very pleasant experience with RCL in managing redeployments, so I am in two minds on how to proceed. 

My previous booking on Anthem in Oct 24 was shortened and the repriced itinerary just didn’t make sense. Basically the cruise fare was pro rated but they selectively applied promotions so the final price wasn’t reduced proportionately to the reduction in the number of days. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Yes but usually by itself.

When NCL has a large ship at Cabo they hire every single local tender leaving every other ship in port that day to use only their lifeboats.  The volume of tenders from all the ships can make Cabo difficult when another large ship or several small ships are in port.  I've been there when it took 4 hours to offload Vision using tenders.  We were in port for 6 hours.  We left several hours late that day because it also took 4 hours to get everyone back on board. 

Vision has half the capacity of Q class. 

I'm not even sure Cabo would allow two large ships to visit on the same day.  If they did the tendering would be a nightmare.    

Oh ,that’s what you said about Quantum 

On 7/17/2024 at 12:24 PM, Cruising89143 said:

Same with the Asia cruises. We’ve had to book in X (and a really old ship) instead of ovation because we wanted longer than 4 nights 🙄

1 hour ago, Donsyb said:

Same with the Asia cruises. We’ve had to book in X (and a really old ship) instead of ovation because we wanted longer than 4 nights 🙄

We did the same, 4 nights to have a half day in penang and day in phuket,  even with the infrequent 8night to 3 places in Indonesia as b2b, vs a 12 night with 2 days in penang and phuket, the same places in Indonesia and langkawi, klang extra, 4 days more at ports made it impossible to justify 

Our 1st cruise as diamond will be on celebrity as elite with 0 points 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Apologies in advance..... but the thread is 122 pages long...... and it'll be 2027 by the time I read all that....
Would appreciate knowing when the Winter 2025-2026 Caribbean sailings are estimated to start dropping? Specifically the longer ones. I see some of the "weekender" trips are already out there. (I know they usually do a short and a long sailing release)

Edited by NateUpNorth

2 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Would appreciate knowing when the Winter 2025-2026 Caribbean sailings are estimated to start dropping?

Did you really mean 2026-2027?  2025-2026 stuff has been out since late winter.

• Thanks 1