Cruising with a six month old baby

any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise.

Any children younger than the infant policy will be denied boarding. This is in royal Caribbean‘s rulebook. Know my question.
let’s say a cruise leaves Miami then has 2 sea days. Would that be counted as 3 sea days? 
thanks

The way I would read this is embarkation day is Day 1.  The rule is that the 3 seas days are consecutive (in a row). If not, then you are OK. For example, if the sea days are days 1, 3,4,6, then you are OK.  

20 minutes ago, rdemn said:

any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise.

Any children younger than the infant policy will be denied boarding. This is in royal Caribbean‘s rulebook. Know my question.
let’s say a cruise leaves Miami then has 2 sea days. Would that be counted as 3 sea days? 
thanks

No,  this would be embarkation followed by two sea days

6 hours ago, rdemn said:

thanks

We did several week long cruises before my daughter turned one.  I think most week long in the Caribbean are no problem for this.  You can always call or ask a travel agent to confirm.  

9 hours ago, rdemn said:

thanks

You call royal and book . Don't think saying ,but so and so from CC said I could do it works .

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 10:37 AM, rdemn said:

thanks

Not trying to be nasty, but why don't you just call Royal Caribbean and ask and not rely on people on here that may give you the wrong answer?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jt4428 said:

Not trying to be nasty, but why don't you just call Royal Caribbean and ask and not rely on people on here that may give you the wrong answer?

That would be too easy I like living on the edge

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Roysl will not send you anying in writing.  Their policy is clear on the website and they will refer you to that.  

That's true about email.  Call them and record the conversation if you don't understand if embarkation day counts or if a private island counts as a sea day.

It’s tough vacationing with a 6-month old.  We took our 6-month to Atlantis over Christmas for 8-days and it was a fight of wills. The baby eventually won out and after 4 days we did everything on HER schedule. 

best of luck!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

It’s tough vacationing with a 6-month old.

I'm sure. I can't comprehend how anyone would think bringing a 6-month-old on a cruise would be a good idea.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

It’s tough vacationing with a 6-month old.  We took our 6-month to Atlantis over Christmas for 8-days and it was a fight of wills. The baby eventually won out and after 4 days we did everything on HER schedule. 

best of luck!

5 hours ago, RB9643 said:

I'm sure. I can't comprehend how anyone would think bringing a 6-month-old on a cruise would be a good idea.

Someone on that other social media site wanted to bring her 6 WEEK old infant on a cruise! 😮 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

best of luck!

That's what parenting a baby is.  I can't imagine taking a baby on a cruise and our boys were great travelers.    It certainly isn't really relaxing for the parents. 

• Like 7

On 7/18/2023 at 9:33 PM, RB9643 said:

I loved the cruise we did with DD at 7 months and the week long trip we did to Disney World with her at 6 months. Best sleep she'd ever gotten up to that point and she had no issues.

18 months was by far worse because she was bringing in her canine teeth and was in a lot of pain/wouldn't eat.

Really I enjoyed the baby splash pad on liberty too, spent many hours in it and now they won't let me use it.

On 7/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, Jt4428 said:

Because there's a decent chance of getting the wrong answer from phone CSRs also?

• 8 months later...

Did anyone get any clarification on this? I will probably end up calling royal and seeing what they have to say. I am planning a cruise in January with our approximate 7 month old at that time and we have day one departing Florida followed by two sea days and then an island day. When we called to add the infant to the booking royal never said anything to us about it.

25 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

Did anyone get any clarification on this? I will probably end up calling royal and seeing what they have to say. I am planning a cruise in January with our approximate 7 month old at that time and we have day one departing Florida followed by two sea days and then an island day. When we called to add the infant to the booking royal never said anything to us about it.

As stated earlier in this thread Royal has dropped the notation that private islands count as a sea day.  You are fine as you only have 2 sea days.

image.thumb.png.83f2988b1df516a4b5c66ed90369edb0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2023 at 6:21 PM, The Grumpus said:

best of luck!

Leave the child with his or her grandparents! You'll have a better cruise!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, IsanTom said:

Leave the child with his or her grandparents! You'll have a better cruise!

I don't know the OP's situation, but my children's four grandparents perspective is  "I worked hard my whole life and now is my time to enjoy myself."  They like visiting, but absolutely do not want the responsibility or work required to take care of a child for a week or two so the parents can get a break.  We didn't take trips until our children were a minimum of 2 years old, and only cruise because the daycare is the only way we could survive travel with small children.

The upside of cruising that we were able to take much more significant trips with our children than if we had gone to all inclusive resorts  (my 3 year old loved St. Petersburg, and we were really grateful to have gotten there while we could, and for the daycare we brought our son to the second we returned to the ship).

Edited by kitkat343