Tell me about Sabatini’s

FTLCruiseGal

Debating whether or not I want to go to this restaurant. My travel partner i can take it or leave it. For those that have been on both Carnival and Princess, is it comparable to Cucina Del Capital? I am not especially fond of Cucina, so if they are the same, I have my answer. Any insight is most appreciated.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Debating whether or not I want to go to this restaurant. My travel partner i can take it or leave it. For those that have been on both Carnival and Princess, is it comparable to Cucina Del Capital? I am not especially fond of Cucina, so if they are the same, I have my answer. Any insight is most appreciated.

Thanks.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/onboard-experience/sabatinis-italian-trattoria.html

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/sabatinis-trattoria/sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf

It's delicious, a nicer step up from the dining room experience, better service and quality overall. 

And it's definitely a more upscale/finer dining experience than Carnival's Cucina restaurant

• Like 4

it is a very personal choice, I liked the previous menu better than the one they changed to in the past year, but many people love the new menu...it also depends on which ship you are sailing on...these are from the Crown in March (I did a longer review on my live...link in signature)...2023-03-1317_34_52.thumb.jpg.1ad38c7e75760f0bcc38f3131f9e0e58.jpg

2023-03-1317_35_01.thumb.jpg.6debfac677405bae4195208cdf2c8a1b.jpg

2023-03-1318_12_15.thumb.jpg.529ed4242ae962a3cb0c59b9a83bbb8d.jpg

2023-03-1317_41_21.thumb.jpg.92f1966f4abfb93da6352b9187043e3f.jpg

2023-03-1318_07_57.thumb.jpg.9d7793f19f1b2fd5c889debce4aeed68.jpg

2023-03-1318_09_01.thumb.jpg.6b965a47a9d6fa348139162d19b7e3b0.jpg

2023-03-1318_23_53.thumb.jpg.c265e907e551d632a2d0a0cc179b0342.jpg

2023-03-1318_23_57.thumb.jpg.86f0da23354e6b6a45a5daf8b3801b3d.jpg

2023-03-1318_50_12.thumb.jpg.22d9604f16a41cd10b59f41611171bd4.jpg2023-03-1318_50_27.thumb.jpg.4b0589dc4a3ce24e85b0dd9afc1e5fe0.jpg

2023-03-1319_06_52.thumb.jpg.19e8bccdeadd2419efb6352f7849849e.jpg

2023-03-1319_20_36.thumb.jpg.f3273f65dc3db1a5a81b535ed190871c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We loved it, 2 times, on our Norway cruise.  The food was wonderful and the dessert even more so.  The service was great, and, at the time, the price was $25/each which, we thought, was pretty fair.

Crown Grill, if the ship has one, is also quite good, but completely different.  We like doing both.

We have been to Sabitinis once previously and the most recently in May on emerald princess.  The worst dining experience we’ve ever had.  Server was great working very hard but the ship is horribly understaffed.  Four hours to get to our main course.  When my steak arrived inedible…ordered blue =rare.  Got well done. By that time I was not interested in eating. Matre d got head chef over to our table which we told him not to do but he got him anyway.  Chef came over and looked at my steak and said yep…over cooked and walked away.  

We really like the new menu!  We ate at Sabatini’s twice this past week on the Ruby.  The food, service and ambiance were great!  

We have not had good meals at the Crown Grill lately—in fact, the steak I had at Sabatini’s was better than the filet I had at the CG last week!

38 minutes ago, wcflats said:

We have been to Sabitinis once previously and the most recently in May on emerald princess.  The worst dining experience we’ve ever had.  Server was great working very hard but the ship is horribly understaffed.  Four hours to get to our main course.  When my steak arrived inedible…ordered blue =rare.  Got well done. By that time I was not interested in eating. Matre d got head chef over to our table which we told him not to do but he got him anyway.  Chef came over and looked at my steak and said yep…over cooked and walked away.  

Very strange.  This is not normal.

1 hour ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@LACruiser88 Good to hear that you enjoyed it. What did you order for your secondi main dish? I'll be eating there in two weeks, on Crown. I'm thinking of trying the calamari and lobster tortelloni...and then...? Haven't tried this new menu yet. TIA

We both had the lobster tortellini.  For our mains, Debbie had the eggplant parmesan and I had the branzino.

9 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Currently on the Emerald, we had dinner in Sabatini's two nights ago.  The food and service were excellent.

If you want to answer - how long was it when you entered Sabatini's until you left?  Trying to determine what is 'excellent service' and 'timely service' - which is also subjective.  

22 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@LACruiser88 Good to hear that you enjoyed it. What did you order for your secondi main dish? I'll be eating there in two weeks, on Crown. I'm thinking of trying the calamari and lobster tortelloni...and then...? Haven't tried this new menu yet. TIA

That is usually enough for me   If I had a main I would never get to dessert 

13 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Thank you @LACruiser88 Would you order the branzino again? I see the photo of it from @travelin.sisters...

I was looking forward to a dish I had last year on Royal which is no longer there. Thanks so much! 

my BIL who is a marine biologist & picky about his fish & the way its cooked really enjoyed it

• Like 3

Apologies if I’m repeating others’ comments as I’ve jumped to the end without reading all posts. We haven’t tried the new menu yet, our only experience of Sabatinis was last September on Sky Princess and it was mixed. The food was excellent and our waiter Matthew was wonderful, very friendly and helpful, but hopelessly over-worked! I don’t know how many tables he was looking after but it was too many! Our food service was very good - all courses presented promptly, hot and very fresh but the drinks service was a very different story. I ordered a glass of wine when we were seated but the wine I wanted wasn’t available so I accepted the alternative that was suggested. The amuse bouche, appetiser and primo were served and finished and the secondi was just delivered when I got my glass of wine, by which time I’d forgotten what I had ordered.

We’re sailing on Sky Princess again in September and have booked Sabatinis again to give them another chance - watch this space…!! 

We've tried Sabitini's 3 different time on 3 different ships in 3 different parts of the world. Each time (after the first), we hoped it would get better. It didn't. 

After 3 "fails", there will not be a 4th. 

We will spend our time and money happily in Crown Grill. 

Of course, like most things (especially in the culinary world), YMMV.

My multiple experiences with Sabatini’s is excellent. I don’t enjoy steak, so it’s my choice for specialty on Princess. I’ve never had a disappointing meal or service. 

NB: I have not cruised Princess since the re-start

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Martha1974 said:

We’re sailing on Sky Princess again in September and have booked Sabatinis again to give them another chance - watch this space…!!

We’re also on sky princess again in September and have this time booked sabatinis for the first time and looking forward to it after many recommendations, we were on sky in June this year as well but we down the Crown grill and chef’s table which both were lovely, so we have booked sabatinis twice this September and I’ve heard you need a empty tummy 😋