How can they improve the Yacht Club?

sverigecruiser

Back to the thread's original questions...I would like the gelato at the venchi bar to be included in the YC price...my waist size /weight after the cruise may not agree with me ....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, xcell said:

Back to the thread's original questions...I would like the gelato at the venchi bar to be included in the YC price...my waist size /weight after the cruise may not agree with me ....

I don't want them to include more things that will come with a cost because they will of course add that to the fare. Things like included spa services, venchi, more exclusive alkohol, specialty dining, excursions etc. is not an improvement, I think.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I don't want them to include more things that will come with a cost because they will of course add that to the fare. Things like included spa services, venchi, more exclusive alkohol, specialty dining, excursions etc. is not an improvement, I think.

Maybe a menu of "included options" and everyone picks what they want........

For example, if they cut out my alcohol and gave me a facial and gelato, I'd be happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Maybe a menu of "included options" and everyone picks what they want........

For example, if they cut out my alcohol and gave me a facial and gelato, I'd be happy.

That is one way to do it, if the staff know who has what included so that I don't want to give them my card when ordering Champagne!

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Some of those things are pretty standard, at least on the premium market. Offer the good gelato is one of them, and I agree on that. Excursions and over the top alcohol not so much.

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

That's not woke at all.  I don't want this to be a cancelled thread because of politics so I suggest people just look up definition on their own.  It just sounds like more adult themed activities which shouldn't shock the people who grew up in the 70s and 80s before AIDS scared everyone from not being monogamous.  

Ahem. 😄

Woke, Based, or otherwise (and I echo the "please no political discussions" on CC - this forum is occasionally prickly enough), upside down pineapples on your neighbors (or yours...judgement-free zone here) have certainly been spotted in the YC. 

Not my photo, not sure what ship, but definitely more adventurous than this old happily married woman! 😇

th?id=OIP.eabsVi6OF5NCa1LEH68vjQHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Warmest, Amy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amygutman said:

Ahem. 😄

Woke, Based, or otherwise (and I echo the "please no political discussions" on CC - this forum is occasionally prickly enough), upside down pineapples on your neighbors (or yours...judgement-free zone here) have certainly been spotted in the YC. 

Not my photo, not sure what ship, but definitely more adventurous than this old happily married woman! 😇

th?id=OIP.eabsVi6OF5NCa1LEH68vjQHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Warmest, Amy

Not woke but I'm sure they are awake. 😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, benjaminnicholas said:

Uh huh. I assumed as much. 

Don't pontificate about things you haven't done and know nothing about. 

Why don’t you educate us?  We may be more alike than you know. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

I would like a variety of music in the Top Sail Lounge. Last cruise we had the same piano player most evenings and I'm pretty sure he played the same songs. There was one night we had a piano player with a violinist. Maybe that's what they feel the demographic is but it got boring.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CTRobin said:

I would like a variety of music in the Top Sail Lounge. Last cruise we had the same piano player most evenings and I'm pretty sure he played the same songs. There was one night we had a piano player with a violinist. Maybe that's what they feel the demographic is but it got boring.

Agreed, we had two different entertainers, one with a piano, snooze fest…one gal with a guitar, she was great. Shake it up a little. 

36 minutes ago, CTRobin said:

I believe the thought is to keep the YC lounge subtle and laid back.  There are plenty of entertainment options everywhere on the ship.  That is one of the best things about YC, you get the best of both worlds. 

• Like 2

On our cruise we had a pianist in the TSL....kind of like background elevator music.  She wasn't bad, but I'd never go "just to hear her".

We also had a guest entertainer.  She put on a show in the theatre, and gave us a private performance (sorry, I forget her name, but her claim to fame was that she sang with Meatloaf).  Now, that was a treat, not t be missed.  Maybe a special YC guest performance of some sort on each cruise....

• Like 2

I'd like a completely separate exit to disembark, I hate it when the butler takes us to the front of the queue and pushes in front of everyone, always lots of snide comments and nasty looks. I write this on the post cruise survey every time.

I'd also like more consistency with the butlers, we've had ones no better than a good cabin steward and others who are amazing.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

On our cruise we had a pianist in the TSL....kind of like background elevator music.  She wasn't bad, but I'd never go "just to hear her".

We also had a guest entertainer.  She put on a show in the theatre, and gave us a private performance (sorry, I forget her name, but her claim to fame was that she sang with Meatloaf).  Now, that was a treat, not t be missed.  Maybe a special YC guest performance of some sort on each cruise....

Lorraine Crosby maybe? 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 6:21 PM, kernow said:

I'd like a completely separate exit to disembark, I hate it when the butler takes us to the front of the queue and pushes in front of everyone, always lots of snide comments and nasty looks. I write this on the post cruise survey every time.

I'd also like more consistency with the butlers, we've had ones no better than a good cabin steward and others who are amazing.

That would depend largely on port's authorities ability to deliver, but it is understandable.

10 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

It appears your wish has been granted. We got off July 23rd sailing Seascape. Two gangways on deck 6. One to the left for most and one to the right for Yacht Club. They both blended together once off the ship. It just gave the appearance of not butting to the front of the line of those waiting that got up at 5 am in the left line.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2