Is Celebrity going to Eliminate Butlers on Sky and Celebrity Suites?

terrydtx

12 hours ago, RichYak said:

He is the most reprehensible of all posters on this board. I struggle to remain silent when he spews his hatred while at the same time ending his posts with "Peace to all" hypocrisy. 

It is very easy to put someone on you IGNORE LIST.     That way you don't see their posts unless you choose to.  If enough follow suite he will soon have no audience.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

36 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have seen posts hear from CC members who never book suites and have expressed little to no empathy about losing a butler service that was promised when we booked. I wonder how they felt back in January when Celebrity decided to charge for room service in non-suites, something they were promised when they booked? I remember the huge firestorm on CC over this decision.

Some of these posters complain about the complainers in every post and defend the indefensible.  Kind of ironic if you ask me...

If Celebrity is making cuts,  sooner or later one of them will effect you. 

While I booked my cruise a couple of years in advance with the price locked in,  it is going to cost me more with the added fees.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is very easy to put someone on you IGNORE LIST.     That way you don't see their posts unless you choose to.  If enough follow suite he will soon have no audience.

I have never used the ignore function my entire time here on CC, though I have been tempted a few times. I may have to make an exception for this one particular cretin. Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, The German Guys said:
Of course, you can survive without a butler. But if you pay for an adventure where it was included then you can definitely expect the service to be provided. 

We are just now on the Beyond in a CS. I was shocked to learn from the butler that we are provided with water daily, but if we take a Coke, beer or another water from the minibar we would be charged!! With the included premium drink package we can have almost everything in every bar and restaurant. But a Coke from the minibar will be charged. This is unbelievable! 

Furthermore, on our sea day it was almost impossible to get two loungers. Finally, there were just two left. At noon!

We have just one more Celebrity Cruise on our list among of a total of 7 booked future cruises. We very much hope we still have access to Luminea for dinner without paying an upcharge being only in a RS at that time. After the recent changes, I can imagine everything…

Sorry Celebrity, you want to be different but not with us in that way…

German Guys,

Not having a mini bar stocked with complimentary beverages is not new with Celebrity for Sky and Celebrity Suites.  I recall be surprised with this policy pre pandemic when we were in a Celebrity Suite. What I have observed is some butlers will quietly bring what you request.  Yes, you bring back soda, beer etc from the Retreat Lounge without question. Based on all the chatter here, I bet the Butlers are being closely monitored.

18 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

This affects none of the cabins short of a junior suite/Sky Suite and affects none of the cabins above a junior suite. This is a (relatively) small(er) market segment affected. I surmise Celebrity to be keen on their impact, and do so knowingly.

Sounds like a logical process and efficiency decision on the part of corporate to rationalize the offering.

I read comments from other top suite passengers who have a fraction of apparent demand on their stateroom staff, while I read so often of junior suite (Sky Suite) passengers asking what they can "have their butler do."

If I was Celebrity, I'd be exhausted from the gripes of some who feel they "own" that butler and will monopolize every possible second of their time. Like, look at me, I'm in a suite.

I mean, how much does a junior suite passenger need? A bath drawn (in the baby bath tub they offer in the Edge Class)? A full two weeks of dry cleaning that has been dragged on board? Genuine Champagne (ok, Champagne is important to me, so I get this one)?

I'm no cheerleader, it's just that the gripes (and admittedly, this is a "critic" site) solve nothing. 

The feedback from some about other lines is positive, which is refreshing. Small luxury lines can be incredible, and definitely diverse ports and typically a different demographic (in my experience). These are good options, just not for my S.O. due to seasickness, unfortunately.  Celebrity is obviously offering what some will buy. We love it. Their EVs and ICs are superb! We only go Edge Class.

I do wonder, however, if you're angry at junior suite (Sky Suite) prices, how are you going to go first class on Regent, et al?

Sheesh.

Being elitist is never attractive. Develop some empathy or stop commenting. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The German Guys said:
Of course, you can survive without a butler. But if you pay for an adventure where it was included then you can definitely expect the service to be provided. 

We are just now on the Beyond in a CS. I was shocked to learn from the butler that we are provided with water daily, but if we take a Coke, beer or another water from the minibar we would be charged!! With the included premium drink package we can have almost everything in every bar and restaurant. But a Coke from the minibar will be charged. This is unbelievable! 

Furthermore, on our sea day it was almost impossible to get two loungers. Finally, there were just two left. At noon!

We have just one more Celebrity Cruise on our list among of a total of 7 booked future cruises. We very much hope we still have access to Luminea for dinner without paying an upcharge being only in a RS at that time. After the recent changes, I can imagine everything…

Sorry Celebrity, you want to be different but not with us in that way…

Next time tell the butler remove everything from the bar and tell them you have premium package.

He or she could put what soda is covered with the package if they like.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Can someone remind me?  What is the email to contact the Retreat department for feedback?  I only have a phone number.

Not sure if there is a generic email address.   I always get messages from Concierge****@celebrity.com  (*** is the name of the Concierge)   

Wonder if there is a generic concierge@celebrity.com???  

2 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

Being elitist is never attractive. Develop some empathy or stop commenting. 

What is an elitist?  I bet there are people who can only dream of any cruise and would consider all cruisers elitist.  For me an elitist is a point of reference.

43 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

But you can replace the drinks from any bar and be charged nothing.

Personal experience has been that as many things on Celebrity the service is consistently inconsistent and depends on the Butler.     Some of the newer butlers stick to the letter of the rules while many of the seasoned butlers know how and are willing to bend the rules.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

German Guys,

Not having a mini bar stocked with complimentary beverages is not new with Celebrity for Sky and Celebrity Suites.  I recall be surprised with this policy pre pandemic when we were in a Celebrity Suite. What I have observed is some butlers will quietly bring what you request.  Yes, you bring back soda, beer etc from the Retreat Lounge without question. Based on all the chatter here, I bet the Butlers are being closely monitored.

And yet.... we were in a CS in April on the Apex and we were told we could have anything in the mini bar and not be charged. And we weren't.  As with so many things X, amazingly inconsistently consistent.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

German Guys,

We never had this before, staying in SS, CS or RS

27 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Maybe because people are concerned that the Sky Suite is evolving into a Royal Jr. Suite?

I have not seen any hard evidence to that effect but understand that in the absence of fact, rumors abound. 

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

A few years ago, my primary medical doctor's clinic went to a team of doctors' concept and every time I went to see them, I got a different doctor or PA who knew nothing about me or my medical history. I spent most of my visit going back over my medical history and got very little service. They used the same argument about how a 'Team" would provide better service, I soon changed primary doctors after that.

Terry, back in the day, I always thought I'd hit the jackpot if I saw the same flight surgeon two times in a row.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The German Guys said:

what we didn’t until now 

We've had butlers who were quick to switch out the mini-fridge with water and a preferred soft drink.  We've also had butlers who would not, could not supply an extra bottle of water.   Which is in line with what others have experienced and reported.  

Either way, no worries. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

I highly doubt that some invisible team can provide the same "personalized services" that have been provided in the past by a single identifiable butler.

Team is interesting.  Offense or Defense?  If the team is designed to play defense, they are responding after the fact (ie, suite customer request).  But if playing offense (like a typical dedicated butler), your needs are anticipated and known.  A number of the best butlers in my experience play offense, and do unexpected but nice things after they get to know you and your personal style and needs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Team is interesting.  Offense or Defense?  If the team is designed to play defense, they are responding after the fact (ie, suite customer request).  But if playing offense (like a typical dedicated butler), your needs are anticipated and known.  A number of the best butlers in my experience play offense, and do unexpected but nice things after they get to know you and your personal style and needs.

The Team is designed to reduce Celebrity's expenses. It should be pretty clear which side of the ball they'll be playing on.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Team is interesting.  Offense or Defense?  If the team is designed to play defense, they are responding after the fact (ie, suite customer request). 

I am expecting this to turn out to be room service with a different jacket and a close attention to the rules, so very much defense…

After all, if this was going to be a good change, why limit it to the Sky Suits… wouldn’t everyone want the ‘Team’ service option?

• Like 3