What are drink vouchers? We never sailed RC

3 minutes ago, barric said:

We are frequent cruisers but have never sailed Royal.  I see reference to drink vouchers.  What are these and how do you get them?

Thx for help

You will need to sail 80 nights (40 if sailing in a suite) to reach Diamond to qualify for the drinks

4 minutes ago, barric said:

Oooh.  We are Elite on Celebrity, so I believe this translates to Diamond on RCL?

And then, how many drink certificates does this entitle us?

Four (4) per day up to a value of $14 per beverage. If you go over that amount, you just pay the difference.

Edited by footzz
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, barric said:

Oooh.  We are Elite on Celebrity, so I believe this translates to Diamond on RCL?

Plus,, as a diamond member, you get a discount on cabins, balcony and up, and a discount on internet when booked onboard.

They are not an actual voucher. They are electronically put on your sea pass card account. You can use them for any drink under $14.00 (except "Bionic Bar" as was stated above and No Starbucks or Johnny Rockets either I think).

1 hour ago, barric said:

Unlike Elite happy hour you can use your vouchers at any time, and almost everywhere including the restaurants. You also get your four vouchers pp on embarkation day.

You can also use the Diamond Lounge. Though you have to use your vouchers for a drink,  they have a nice continental breakfast set up and pre dinner snacks in the evening. There's also a nice coffee machine there available all day

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Plus,, as a diamond member, you get a discount on cabins, balcony and up, and a discount on internet when booked onboard.

That balcony discount seems to not be very useful...really...if RCCL has any other discounts (and they always do) you cannot combine them with the discount.  So, a first-time customer gets same price as Diamond Plus loyalty member.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 2:13 PM, leerobbs said:

That balcony discount seems to not be very useful...really...if RCCL has any other discounts (and they always do) you cannot combine them with the discount.  So, a first-time customer gets same price as Diamond Plus loyalty member.

That isn’t true with our Diamond status. We received the balcony discount in addition to the current 30% RCI promo for our Nov 23 sailing.  
teddie 

On 7/29/2023 at 2:13 PM, leerobbs said:

13 hours ago, teddie said:

That isn’t true with our Diamond status. We received the balcony discount in addition to the current 30% RCI promo for our Nov 23 sailing.  
teddie 

The balcony discount is combinable with the standard 30% off offer however it is not combinable with the extra savings or OBC offers that Royal runs in addition to the 30% off.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, leerobbs said:

Thats good for you Teddie, but the RCCL person I talked with concerning the balcony discount told me something different.  Enjoy your cruise hope you have a wonderful time.

One thing I have learned over the past few years is that most large companies' customer service staff often give bad information.

Edited by PATRLR

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The balcony discount is combinable with the standard 30% off offer however it is not combinable with the extra savings or OBC offers that Royal runs in addition to the 30% off.  

Thank you for this clarification.

Teddie

2 hours ago, leerobbs said:

Thats good for you Teddie, but the RCCL person I talked with concerning the balcony discount told me something different.  Enjoy your cruise hope you have a wonderful time.

Thanks 🙂

Our previous cruise included the balcony discount, the percent-off promo, and the state resident discount.  I promise, I am not making this up. I have found that the RCI rep info is not consistent.  

Teddie

On 7/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, sgmn said:

Unlike Elite happy hour you can use your vouchers at any time, and almost everywhere including the restaurants. You also get your four vouchers pp on embarkation day.

You can also use the Diamond Lounge. Though you have to use your vouchers for a drink,  they have a nice continental breakfast set up and pre dinner snacks in the evening. There's also a nice coffee machine there available all day

If you just want a bottle of water, will they use one of the vouchers?

2 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

If you just want a bottle of water, will they use one of the vouchers?

If you want them to use it they will.  If you want to save your voucher for something more expensive, just tell them not to use a voucher.

• Like 1