Emails from PandO

DiLC

In may booked a first cruise with P and O for next July. Have received emails giving same information as on original bookings saying important information included but there’s no additional info. Got two of these and wonder if this common for them?

anyone know why?

thanks 

• Like 1

• Host Hattie changed the title to Emails from PandO
54 minutes ago, DiLC said:

In may booked a first cruise with P and O for next July. Have received emails giving same information as on original bookings saying important information included but there’s no additional info. Got two of these and wonder if this common for them?

anyone know why?

thanks 

I have had this in the past - additional email contained info about not wearing fancy dress and I think something about behaviour.

Not easy to spot the difference.

It was just text towards the bottom of the email.

2 minutes ago, DiLC said:

Thanks. Reread email and there’s a notice about support on board ship in case of emergency which wasn’t there before. Do it must be that. appreciate help 

Welcome - hope you enjoy the cruise.

I’ve just had 4 of these emails, 2 for our cruise this October and 2 for a cruise in Jun 25, although nothing for the 2 we have booked next year. They do indeed seem to be about emergency assistance requirements but they don’t make it very obvious.

40 minutes ago, DiLC said:

Thanks. Reread email and there’s a notice about support on board ship in case of emergency which wasn’t there before. Do it must be that. appreciate help 

My 2 were titled ' Stuart booking notification '. Who's that.🤣

• Haha 1

My two have just arrived and I now have a dilemma!  When I made my reservations onboard Arvia the guy noted I'd had special assistance to board - that was a temporary need after an accident.  Consequently I received two assistance forms which I have not completed because the cruises are flying out of Gatwick and we do not need assistance there as it's not a queue outside the terminal.

Reading my emails they emphasise I have to complete the forms but I've no desire to use assistance at Gatwick or in Barbados.  Do I fill the forms in anyway?

I cannot help but recall the recent amputee I met in May who was almost refused boarding because P&O didn't have enough handlers in the event of emergency and wonder if this notification is to prevent things like that.

Well at least they got the right name for me. I wonder how I’d explain a Stuart away!

nit having cruised with them before it startled me as until Paulatsea replied I didn’t see the change. 

17 minutes ago, DiLC said:

Well at least they got the right name for me.

On Arvia in May, I met Neil Lockwood along with quite a few more pasengere. P&O were organising for signed copies of his CD to be sent out to people's homes so I ordered one for my husband as a gift.  I was travelling alone so imagine my husband's surprise when he opened his gift to see a nice handwritten inscription to Pauline and Kevin rather than his name.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, DiLC said:

anyone know why?

thanks 

We've just had them and opened them expecting grim news .... nothing new other than a reminder to book assistance if needed. Must have seen the ages on the booking or something.  Bizzare.  

Ps well hubby had two .. I've not had one at all......

Edited by Presto2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

My two have just arrived and I now have a dilemma!  When I made my reservations onboard Arvia the guy noted I'd had special assistance to board - that was a temporary need after an accident.  Consequently I received two assistance forms which I have not completed because the cruises are flying out of Gatwick and we do not need assistance there as it's not a queue outside the terminal.

Reading my emails they emphasise I have to complete the forms but I've no desire to use assistance at Gatwick or in Barbados.  Do I fill the forms in anyway?

I cannot help but recall the recent amputee I met in May who was almost refused boarding because P&O didn't have enough handlers in the event of emergency and wonder if this notification is to prevent things like that.

You only need to fill it out if you would need assistance at any stage: so you can say you need assistance in an emergency, but not embarking etc. We need assistance with getting on and off, but not in an emergency as I am able to assist my son and no other assistance would be needed. 

• Thanks 1

We have made a recent booking and were specifically asked if we would need assistance for the cruise. Never been asked this on booking before. I think they are making sure they have enough staff set aside to help with assistance in emergency situations on board. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just had 3 of these for cruises next year, just reminders about requesting assistance. Filed them for reference.

I wonder if these are being sent out to non accessible cabin passengers who have previously requested boarding assistance. We have not had any for our future cruises, but of course being in an accessible cabin we have already filled out the medical questionnaire form.

I think that it may be that I will be 73 years old for those cruises and I have not received an email for my January 24 cruise when I am still 72.

Or maybe a change in policy for all cruises from the financial year 2024? Maybe because of USA legal issues.

I don’t 

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I think that it may be that I will be 73 years old for those cruises and I have not received an email for my January 24 cruise when I am still 72.

Or maybe a change in policy for all cruises from the financial year 2024? Maybe because of USA legal issues.

I don’t think it’s age related in any way. My daughters and and son in laws have received them too and they are under 30 and 35 respectively and have never applied for any form of assistance.  They seem to be coming through all the time as ours came all through the day and early morning.I think it’s all about covering themselves if someone clearly required assistance, had not previously declared it and would need to be denied boarding as the ship was at capacity for emergency assistance. This is giving you the opportunity to declare any assistance your require that you may have not previously done. There may well be folk in the future who chose to ignore this and then come unstuck if they are denied boarding as a result. 

• Like 1

They were sent throughout  yesterday as I mentioned previously,they are not age related. I am still missing a couple so I expect there is more to come. They were referenced with your future booking references. New policy I guess going forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

They seem to be coming through all the time as ours came all through the day and early morning.I think it’s all about covering themselves if someone clearly required assistance, had not previously declared it and would need to be denied boarding as the ship was at capacity for emergency assistance. This is giving you the opportunity to declare any assistance your require that you may have not previously done. There may well be folk in the future who chose to ignore this and then come unstuck if they are denied boarding as a result. 

I think you are right. 

I received two and we're in our 30s and never requested assistance. There's definitely some confusion, as on a social media group for my sailing some people seemed to be interpreting the email as 'everyone has to fill in this form whether they need assistance or not'. Then because one person says everyone has to fill one in, others follow... P&O may get a load of forms saying no thank you I don't need anything!

• Haha 5

Facebook is full on the forums of people getting the emails

it certainly looks like good intent on behalf of P@O about if people need assistance on the booking and confirming internary etc

unfortunately the way it been delivered alot will no doubt be on the phone this morning blocking up the already busy call centre with questions now as it’s not overly clear obviously to some by the comments 

• Like 1