What's in elite mini bar set up?

2 each (mini bottles) of:  Dewars scotch, Smirnoff vodka, Courvoisier cognac, and I think Bacardi rum.

The mini fridge has 2 each of Perrier, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Dos Equis.

This is from memory from last year.  If I’m not exact, I’m pretty close.

17 minutes ago, Andrew J. Cat said:

2 each (mini bottles) of:  Dewars scotch, Smirnoff vodka, Courvoisier cognac, and I think Bacardi rum.

You can never tell which booze you will get. Last 3 cruises no cognac just vodka, scotch and gin. Traded all for vodka and brought home in empty water bottles

25 minutes ago, Andrew J. Cat said:

I am not sure if I have ever heard of anyone receiving rum and yet it should be quite popular I would think.  If so, it would be white rum and I'd say yuck to that (amber minimum for me).  Nonetheless, the 10 alcohol beverages have traditionally been 8 mini liquors and two beers.

The 10 non-alcohol have been 6 soda cans plus likely a couple of Perrier/Pellegrino and a couple of regular bottled water (500ml).

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not sure if I have ever heard of anyone receiving rum and yet it should be quite popular I would think.  If so, it would be white rum and I'd say yuck to that (amber minimum for me). 

I did get rum once. It was since the restart. And yes it was white - Bacardi Superior. 

I have never received Smirnoff vodka. It is usually Skyy, but I have received Absolut on occasion.

I have always received gin. It is usually Beefeater. 

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Can someone tell me what's typically in the elite mini bar set up. I understand things can be swapped but what do you start with? Thanks. 😊

In general you will receive

20 items

ie:

2 water

2 sparkling water

2 Dos Equis Beer

2 tonic

2 coke

2 sprite

2 whiskey

2 vodka

2 scotch

2 cognac

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

Princess mini bar set up

Subject to change on brand and availability of 50 ml bottles

2 Dos Equis 12 oz bottles

2 each 50 mL bottles -whiskey, Vodka, Gin, Cognac (brand can vary)

2 each -Coke, Diet or regular Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Perrier, 0.5 liter bottled Water

Can swap items

B4778481-C35C-49FC-B84C-CB94C428DACC.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We haven't received rum and have also been told on one cruise that there was no cognac available. The scotch is Dewar's white label <shudder> which is only really drinkable if mixed with something. (An abominable thing to do to scotch.) I have yet to ask them to swap out items in the mini bar but we are boarding for 6 segments starting in late September and may well decide to see if they have availability to swap items. I'd gladly swap the scotch for more cognac.

It's supposed to have Vodka, Gin, Scotch, and Cognac. We shall wait and see what we are actually delivered. Princess has quoted "supply chain issues" since the restart.

• Thanks 1

Swap out the liqueur for Heinekens or Grolsch and a couple cans of coke and I'm all set. Then I don't have to get the Princess Plus package. But then I have to figure out carry it around with me, so I don't have to go back to the cabin all the time. Dang it. I don't want to lose my seat at Crooners. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Swap out the liqueur for Heinekens or Grolsch and a couple cans of coke and I'm all set. Then I don't have to get the Princess Plus package. But then I have to figure out carry it around with me, so I don't have to go back to the cabin all the time. Dang it. I don't want to lose my seat at Crooners. 

Carrying those little bottles into a bar and thrn taking up bar doace seems to be the ultimate in cheap. Like those who think their kids should be able to sit st a bar

Most of our Elite cruises have been in the Caribbean, but one was in the Baltics and another in the South Pacific. Prior to the shutdown I believe we have always received two of the following:

-  Beefeater Gin

-  Skyy Vodka

-  Dewar's Scotch

-  Courvoisier VS

-  Dos Equis Beer

-  Coke

-  Sprite

-  Schweppes Tonic Water

-  Perrier

-  Bottled Water (various brands)

Since the restart, both types and brands have varied, and I don't believe we have ever received the exact list above. Here is an example from a 2022 Caribbean Princess cruise.  We received two of each.  This was the only time we ever got rum.

PrincessMiniBarJuly2022CP.thumb.jpg.02970b820ae315bd1edbe26af313e2ac.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HS2BS said:

A while ago, you could trade for a pair of coffee cards.

Hal

If that was still the case I would trade on the first leg of our upcoming 6 segment trip. It's truly unfortunate that they took away that option and didn't provide any sort of (reasonably priced) coffee package option. Sadly, we will be paying for our coffee for the first 3 segments (first half) of the trip as they are Standard Fare. The last 3 segments have the Plus Fare so no issue there. It didn't use to matter but we've gotten used to having a drink package and now we want our morning latte - sometimes with an extra shot or two of espresso. D'Oh! If I have to pay for it by the drink the extra shots will definitely not happen. Guess I'd best buy a bunch of OBC as I'd rather pay now than get a bill later.

2 hours ago, donswife said:

Has anyone been able to trade the whole thing for OBC recently? 

At the time that the coffee program ended, for a short time following, those Elite/Suite guests who were expecting to swap for two coffee programs - and made inquiry with GS - were given $X of OBC.  It was not a panacea.  I don't even know if it happened on all ships.  It was exception based clearly.  It must be well over by now.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, gezh2000 said:

Elite mini bar

Is the fridge only filled once in 14 days 

You will receive one mini bar per ship's voyage, not booking number. If your voyage is a true 14 day voyage, like a 14 day circle the Caribbean or a 14 day trans Atlantic then you will receive one mini bar. If your voyage is two 7 day b2bs then you will receive one mini bar on boarding and another on turn around day. It does not matter how you booked with a single booking number or two separate booking numbers.  

1 hour ago, skynight said:

You will receive one mini bar per ship's voyage, not booking number. If your voyage is a true 14 day voyage, like a 14 day circle the Caribbean or a 14 day trans Atlantic then you will receive one mini bar. If your voyage is two 7 day b2bs then you will receive one mini bar on boarding and another on turn around day. It does not matter how you booked with a single booking number or two separate booking numbers.  

If the cruise can be booked as either 2 7 day cruises or 1 14 day cruise you will get one each leg regardless of how you booked. Room service does not know how you booked 

On 8/5/2023 at 10:57 AM, nasa1974 said:

One mini bar would not last bus one day. Always need the plus package 

We did a 26 day cruise, which could have been booked in multiple segments. We booked it as one Round Australia cruise and only had one mini bar set up. Asked the steward to swap for what we would use and he’d brought our preferences before we set sail.