Royal Up Bidding Questions

Hey guys!

So I just snagged a Suite Guarantee, I am assuming its a Junior Suite, and today I can see the following categories that I can bid on:

Grand Suite $0 - $700

Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom $0 - $910

Owner’s Suite $0 - $980

Royal Suite $0 - $700

I have never done a Royal Up before, what bids would you suggest and how has your experiences been?

Thanks Mitch !

Hi again. You need to mention you're on Mariner (much better suite perks on larger ships).

First off, the min bids aren't zero, check the sliders.

Secondly, only you can determine what each upgrade is worth to you.

Lastly, generally speaking, anyone's chances of Royaling Up are very low nowadays given how full ships are. That said, no harm in bidding if you want to.

I'll let others take over from here. GL whatever you do!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Hey guys!

So I just snagged a Suite Guarantee, I am assuming its a Junior Suite, and today I can see the following categories that I can bid on:

Grand Suite $0 - $700

Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom $0 - $910

Owner’s Suite $0 - $980

Royal Suite $0 - $700

I have never done a Royal Up before, what bids would you suggest and how has your experiences been?

Thanks Mitch !

I always bid what I’m comfortable paying for the particular room and cruise.  The amount is different each cruise so really can’t give an amount.  So far running about a 40% success.

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Hi again. You need to mention you're on Mariner (much better suite perks on larger ships).

First off, the min bids aren't zero, check the sliders.

Secondly, only you can determine what each upgrade is worth to you.

Lastly, generally speaking, anyone's chances of Royaling Up are very low nowadays given how full ships are. That said, no harm in bidding if you want to.

I'll let others take over from here. GL whatever you do!

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Hey guys!

Thanks Mitch !

Your minimum bids are probably a few hundred dollars per person. 

There are 600+ staterooms that could bid on those rooms. At the movement, there are about a dozen total Owners Suites and Grand Suites available. Other suite classes are sold out. 

The probability of a winning bid is very very low, regardless of what you bid. But is always fun to dream. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Your minimum bids are probably a few hundred dollars per person. 

There are 600+ staterooms that could bid on those rooms. At the movement, there are about a dozen total Owners Suites and Grand Suites available. Other suite classes are sold out. 

The probability of a winning bid is very very low, regardless of what you bid. But is always fun to dream. 

Agree !

There are minimum bids for each category; your bidding range will not start at $1.

You should first consider how much more each of those suites is worth to you vs a JS.  Then you should look at the current cost to just upgrade to that suite the regular way; sometimes that is the better option.  If upgrading the old fashioned way is too high, bid what the suite is worth to you.

I would also watch for you suite gty assignment.  Watch the app and (since you  within 45 days) the barcode on your set sailpass using the “barcode trick.”  Odds are you will be assigned a JS, but if perchance you get a better suite or you love (or hate) your JS assignment, you may want to cancel or change your RoyalUp bids ASAP.

6 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

I'm 0/7 bidding on Royalup. I've bid anywhere from a low minimum bid to a very high strong bid.  Apparently I'm very unlucky.

You have a very low chance of winning. You're not unlucky.

I won a small upgrade once last year for a very tiny amount of money (interior GTY to a promenade view, only even bid b/c I knew we'd be on deck 3 and that's the one place we'd never want to be) but that was when the ship was nowhere near full like most are right now.

We went from an interior to Grand Suite on Allure when they first started back up after COVID.  Paid $400, and was shocked to get the upgrade...

Overall, we are 2 for 3 on Royal UP.  Have one in for Mariner now - hoping for a suite again...LOL!

Edited by bdink1223

I have the Royal Up opportunity from a JS to four other suites.  We sail in 4 days and RCL and various other sites aren't even showing any cabins available of any category.   Is this odd to still be offered the Royal Up?

Edited by FLConnie

2 minutes ago, FLConnie said:

I have the Royal Up opportunity from a JS to four other suites.  We sail in 4 days and RCL and various other sites aren't even showing any cabins available of any category.   I this odd to be offered the Royal Up still?

You could still get it if someone cancels for some reason at the last minute

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLConnie said:

Is this odd to still be offered the Royal Up?

No, it's normal - offers don't depend on inventory. If you bid, your initial denial should come in a couple of days and final one after sail away.

Edited by Biker19