Warm Cookies for a Fee are Over

omeinv

2 minutes ago, omeinv said:

We’re on Equinox and the warm cookie test ended about 30 minutes ago.  The idea will NOT be going forward. 

Harris

Denver, CO

I board the Equinox tomorrow (we’re driving to the port right now actually) and that post made me super nervous. Glad to hear that they reversed it - hopefully that holds for the next week! It’s our first Celebrity Cruise and some of the posts on this board have been making me really nervous. 

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

Harris what did you say to them about it to garner such a response???? LOL

bon voyage

I told them I liked the cookies, so they immediately discontinued them 😂

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

5 minutes ago, kittyraptors said:

I board the Equinox tomorrow (we’re driving to the port right now actually) and that post made me super nervous. Glad to hear that they reversed it - hopefully that holds for the next week! It’s our first Celebrity Cruise and some of the posts on this board have been making me really nervous. 

kr - not to be nervous, even if the 'warm cookies' were still up for sale...

There are plenty of other places to get cookies, maybe not as good as the 'warm' ones, but still available at no additional charge.

Methinks that this experiment was to move some of us from the small changes being made to be ready for the big one... then again who knows, since none of the cookies were vegan, I had no problem with the charge!!! LOL

At any rate, the key factor is that you enjoy your sailing and not worry about many of the negative comments being made here, otherwise you would never get on a ship... 

bon voyage and let us know how you enjoyed it upon your return.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kittyraptors said:

Just a quick question. Why would a charge for a cookie cause someone to be ‘super nervous’?  I dont want to be ‘judgy’ but so what. Id get nervous if there were reports of a hurricane in my cruising area; or if the ship had gone dead in the water the cruise prior; or….. but a charge for a cookie? 

The whole idea of charging for warm cookies was pretty dumb and it went where many other dumb ideas go…..overboard! But then again, some do stick around.

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, omeinv said:

I told them I liked the cookies, so they immediately discontinued them 😂

Harris

Denver, CO

You win the funniest comment today.  My husband had started researching battery powered microwaves to warm our dinners at the MDR.  Whew!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, omeinv said:

We’re on Equinox and the warm cookie test ended about 30 minutes ago.  The idea will NOT be going forward. 

Harris

Denver, CO

It’s been reported by someone else on board that there have been NO cookies at all at Cafe el Bacio, have they now put cookies out there? 

6 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

You win the funniest comment today.  My husband had started researching battery powered microwaves to warm our dinners at the MDR.  Whew!  

i bet some staffguy took existing cookies laying around and put them in your husband’s battery driven microwave to heat them up and then charged everyone….and pocketed the $2!! Got caught after X read the 3,218 posts complaining!!!

den

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

hope this is true.

now lets get those chocs back in AQ Class!

Nooooo! I spend all my time ashore trying to lose weight getting ready for the next set of cruises; get onboard and drink more than I do; dine more than I do; eat a big breakfast; snack at El Bacios!

I then try Not to use the elevator; walk all around the decks to burn it all off; try Not to grab that last warm cookie…and I step into my SR that night and there it is….sitting there in the middle of my pillow!! And I cant control myself. 

So Nooooooo! I have no control so they need to do it for me!!! I once said I was not tempted by the milk chocolate bites. My steward overheard me and there they were - Dark Chocolate!!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Just a quick question. Why would a charge for a cookie cause someone to be ‘super nervous’?  I dont want to be ‘judgy’ but so what. Id get nervous if there were reports of a hurricane in my cruising area; or if the ship had gone dead in the water the cruise prior; or….. but a charge for a cookie? 

The whole idea of charging for warm cookies was pretty dumb and it went where many other dumb ideas go…..overboard! But then again, some do stick around.

den

I was being a little facetious with my use of “nervous”. Just seems like no one has anything positive to say about Celebrity anyone. But Bo1953 is right - time to stop reading and start getting in vacation mode. I’ll have a great time either way! Heck, a hurricane could hit and I’ll still be thankful to not be at work 😂😂😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kittyraptors said:

I was being a little facetious with my use of “nervous”. Just seems like no one has anything positive to say about Celebrity anyone. But Bo1953 is right - time to stop reading and start getting in vacation mode. I’ll have a great time either way! Heck, a hurricane could hit and I’ll still be thankful to not be at work 😂😂😂

Plenty of us still have positive things to say about Celebrity. We just returned from a wonderful 21 nights aboard Apex (Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland). Equinox is a fun ship. We had a great time on her last year. I can’t say I’m thrilled about every recent decision or experiment, but we’ve still got four cruises booked. We’re betting we’ll have a great time on all of them, regardless of a few annoying changes. Bon voyage! Have a frosty one for me🍹😜

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, kittyraptors said:

Great! Wish we were joining you!  Excellent attitude. 

• Like 1

Just now, Silkroad said:

Plenty of us still have positive things to say about Celebrity. We just returned from a wonderful 21 nights aboard Apex (Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland). Equinox is a fun ship. We had a great time on her last year. I can’t say I’m thrilled about every recent decision or experiment, but we’ve still got four cruises booked. We’re betting we’ll have a great time on all of them, regardless of a few annoying changes. Bon voyage! Have a frosty one for me🍹😜

Will definitely have more than one 🍹 for you! 😁  Ireland is on my bucket list so I’m jealous! 

• Like 1