New Menus for Luminae

Jim_Iain

52 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

They sound delicious but never figured out how to eat them.  The shell looked too crisp to eat with a fork. 

They eggs and sauce make the tortillas very soft and easy to cut with a fork.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If i'm not impressed with the deserts I usually just have a scoop of Ice Cream.

I did that at lunch recently - btw, on the way back from Europe on the Silhouette last year, they ran out of raspberries.  The Vacharin looked kind of naked, but still tasted good.

8 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

So now I’m gluten free. Probably no desserts for me…

I am gluten free and there is sorbet or ice cream!  Lol…I was told the gelato is not gluten free so I don’t eat it!  I will have the Creme brûlée a few times.  They usually will try to get you something gf for dessert.  They do have macarons in Luminae and gf desserts (cakes are terrible) in Oceanview, Cafe Al Bacio and cookies at Spa Cafe.  I get sad when they bring interesting items to my husband for the amuse bouche and give me a blackberry….every night.  😢😢

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I am gluten free and there is sorbet or ice cream!  Lol…I was told the gelato is not gluten free so I don’t eat it!  I will have the Creme brûlée a few times.  They usually will try to get you something gf for dessert.  They do have macarons in Luminae and gf desserts (cakes are terrible) in Oceanview, Cafe Al Bacio and cookies at Spa Cafe.  I get sad when they bring interesting items to my husband for the amuse bouche and give me a blackberry….every night.  😢😢

I don't eat fish, so get a lot of fruit amuse bouche.  I feel your pain, although it's more of a choice for me, and I recognize that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

If i'm not impressed with the deserts I usually just have a scoop of Ice Cream.

I am always happy with a deconstructed affogato 

1. a scope of ice cream (two if it has been a tough day)

2. A expresso coffee

3. A shot of frangellico  (or cognac if available )

there will never be a day when I am not happy with desert 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I hadn’t even thought about the amuse bouche! This is new to me, just 3 weeks. Easy at home, but eating in restaurants seems challenging so far. 

I’m happy to answer any of your questions.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, chrisn-au said:

I am always happy with a deconstructed affogato 

1. a scope of ice cream (two if it has been a tough day)

2. A expresso coffee

3. A shot of frangellico  (or cognac if available )

there will never be a day when I am not happy with desert 

I see we share the same love -   I don't drink alcohol so sometimes have them drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top.  

Iain often orders his favorite "Irish Desert"   -   Double Bailey's on the Rocks.    He is also big on the Artisan Cheese Platter.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

@bjahil47thank you. Any buffet suggestions would be appreciated. I can easily avoid the pasta station. Do you know if they offer gluten free pizza? 

Last cruise(10/22) they had pizza but it’s not very good, takes about 15 minutes for them to make.  I actually love their gluten free pasta and the marinara and meatballs are gf!  I have gotten a baked potato and loaded it or a salad.  Last cruise they had premade sandwiches but none gf.  And they go have Canyon Ranch bread and a dedicated toaster.  Items in buffet are labeled if gluten free but still use common sense.  They have a gluten free dessert section.  The cakes are horrible - spongy with rubbery “frosting”.  Some other desserts are good.  I know in Luminae the burger and fries are not gluten free but I believe they are at Mast Grill.  

Aqua Spa Cafe which is not in the Spa has mostly free offerings.  They have gf salads such as chicken, tuna and egg.  Some other salads and stuff.  They also have very good Apple Cinnamon gf cookies!  And muffins for breakfast.  

cafe Al Bacio will have a few gf selections and usually muffins in morning and macaroons in afternoon.  Last cruise I had to ask for them and they brought a plate to my room!  

I bring my own gf crackers and bagels on board.  I will even bring a bagel to dining room for my smoked salmon!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I see we share the same love -   I don't drink alcohol so sometimes have them drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top.  

Iain often orders his favorite "Irish Desert"   -   Double Bailey's on the Rocks.    He is also big on the Artisan Cheese Platter.

The last few cruises, I have become a fan of the cheese platter for dessert. Not a big chocolate fan and most of the desserts look better than they taste. 

Often it is the cheese platter and a scoop of vanilla ice cream for me !

mac_tlc

• Like 1

So disappointed (NOT) to see they have removed biscuits and gravy from the breakfast menu. I tried them on the Apex in July and they were the absolute worst rendition I have ever experienced. The "biscuits" were much closer in size and texture to the sweet English version of a biscuit and the gravy, for some unexplainable reason, was full of onions. It was one bite and back to the sweet roll.

• Like 2

Let your waiter know if you have specific dislikes, aversions of dietary restrictions.

I absolutely hate BEETS (Yuck) and let them know.   If an amuse bouche had beets in them our waiter would ask the desert to make something different for me.   I really didn't request it but the waiter just picked up on my dislike and adjusted accordingly. 

I do have to say they have upped their game on the amuse bouche in the past year an some of them are pretty good.  

13 minutes ago, Mystictraveler said:

So disappointed (NOT) to see they have removed biscuits and gravy from the breakfast menu. I tried them on the Apex in July and they were the absolute worst rendition I have ever experienced. The "biscuits" were much closer in size and texture to the sweet English version of a biscuit and the gravy, for some unexplainable reason, was full of onions. It was one bite and back to the sweet roll.

Agree worse biscuits I ever had , about as hard as a hockey puck .

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I sometimes order a scoop of Gelato and a shot of espresso and have them make me a affogato

I did that on multiple occasions on our last cruise.  I also added a shot of Bailey’s for added flavor. 

5 hours ago, Mystictraveler said:

They are also in the buffet most mornings and are equally horrible.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:23 PM, terrydtx said:

Being from South Texas I will really miss the Huevos Rancheros as it is as close to Tex Mex as I can get on a cruise ship. The truffle omelets were also a very unique breakfast taste.

Another southern favorite, biscuits and sausage gravy, seems to be missing also.

• Like 1