The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 29th, 2023

richwmn

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Not sure how much yet but I do have to talk to Luggage Forward who are expecting me in Manhattan.

Roy

Well, making the change with Luggage Forward was more complicated than I expected but it's done.  I must get to Amtrak (preferably New York) but will figure that out.

And @StLouisCruisers congratulations on 5-star.

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just popping in to say I  hope everyone stays safe! 
Woo hoo,  congratulations Sandi on Five star!    I’m sure you’ll get your gold medallion !  We were with a friend when she received hers, very nice!  Good to hear that HIA counts, we’re ever so close to four! 

DSC_0818.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@richwmn  Rich, Thank you for posting the locations of the HAL Fleet and the Daily.    Thanks for listing another New Zealand wine, one we are not familiar with.

@StLouisCruisers  Congratulations on achieving your 5 star status, we discovered ours during a cruise, the information was placed on the bed during evening turn down.

@ger_77  the young man was so lucky that expert help was available during the flight. 

Do all Dailyites  know how to perform CPR?  

It's a pleasant sunny day, temperature 14 C. 

Was pleasantly surprised while walking this morning that a motorist stopped and waved to me to cross an intersection.

Best wishes to all  on the Care list.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

"Mouse that flew" seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable way to describe a bat; Fledermaus is the term in German.  But I gather that chauve-souris is proper French.

For a change, the meal, drink, and wine would all be OK with me. For a Finger Lakes sauvignon blanc, maybe this one from Hazlitt 1852. I have been to San Pedro because a friend lived and worked there, but not experienced it as a cruise port.

My shoulder and arm don't feel too bad, and there is full, if uncomfortable, range of motion. Today lots of other body parts also hurt, and I rested nearly all day.

cubit cm.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

Late night due to late and long PT appointment followed by more work.

Souvlaki would have tasted better than the spaghetti we had; not bad spaghetti, just not souvlaki - the pictures looked soooo good.

Therapist really worked my shoulder to the point I couldn't even lift my arm to my lap, but it's the last session for a week due to the holiday so I guess she wanted to make it count. Geez - 2 sessions then a break doesn't seem very fruitful; maybe DH can move it around some each day until my next appointment. 

Congrats @StLouisCruisers on 5*, I'm sure I'll be 4* forever, but blessed to still be cruising.

Good luck to your Teen on his tryouts @smitty34877

Prayers for @Sharon in AZ DMs sister and Baby Murphy & family.

@Denise Tsending you positive thoughts for your recent news.

Wishing safety for all those in/near bad weather.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Lenda and Vanessa for mentioning my nephew. I got word tonight that he’s gone 20 miles inland. I am much relieved. 

Terri, I’m sure glad you’re home!  

Gerry, that story had an Amazingly good outcome!  

Karen, you’re well ahead of me but tomorrow after we get my niece on her way I’ll be catching up on the packing. 

Annie I’m happy to hear Chuck’s eye feels better even if sore. 

Roy, good that the change in plans is moving along. I got replies tonight on the NCL board about not trying to get a taxi at the NY cruise terminal to get us to Grand Central… apparently it’s too short a trip for taxis to bother with, we should Uber instead. Who knew?  I hope you can arrange for a transfer to AmTrak from Bayonne, and I might need to learn how for future use as Bayonne will be a good option for us.  

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Hey Roy; here's a better pic of LA City Boat 2, the "Captain Warner L. Lawrence" out of Fire Station 112 / San Pedro - Ports 'o Call. She's a 2003 Nichols Brothers Boat Builders 105' fireboat with lots of water canons

LA City Fire (Maritime Operations) Boat 2 Captain Warner L. Lawrence (FS 112 San Pedro-Ports 'o Call) - 2003 Nichols Brothers Boats Builders #9.jpg

And if you're really, really interested 🙂 in the LAFD / LA City Fire Maritime Operations Division, here's the remainder, besides Boat 2. LAFD has five fireboats total, so the L.A. Harbor is well protected from teh water

#1 - Boat 1 (FS 111 San Pedro-Fish Harbor) - 2003 Kvichak Marine Industries 39' Rapid Response Fireboat

#2 - Boat 3 (FS 49 Wilmington-East Harbor) - 2002 Kvichak Marine Industries 39' Rapid Response Fireboat

#3 - Boat 4 "Bethel F. Gifford" (FS 49 Wilmington-East Harbor) - 1962 Albina Engine and Machine Works 76' fireboat

#4 - Boat 5 (FS 110 Fort MacArthur) - 2002 Kvichak Marine Industries 39' Rapid Response Fireboat

LA City Fire (Maritime Operations) Boat 1 (FS 111 San Pedro-Fish Harbor) - 2003 Kvichak Marine Industries 39' Rapid Response Fireboat #3.jpg

LA City Fire (Maritime Operations) Boat 3 (FS 49 Wilminton-East Harbor) - 2002 Kvichak Marine Industries 39' Rapid Response Fireboat.jpg

LA City Fire (Maritime Operations) Boat 4 Bethel F. Gifford (FS 49 Wilminton-East Harbor) - 1962 Albina Engine and Machine Works 76' fireboat.jpg

LA City Fire (Maritime Operations) Boat 5 (FS 110 Fort MacArthur) - 2002 Kvichak Marine Industries 39' Rapid Response Fireboat.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Thank you Lenda and Vanessa for mentioning my nephew. I got word tonight that he’s gone 20 miles inland. I am much relieved. 

Terri, I’m sure glad you’re home!  

Gerry, that story had an Amazingly good outcome!  

Karen, you’re well ahead of me but tomorrow after we get my niece on her way I’ll be catching up on the packing. 

Annie I’m happy to hear Chuck’s eye feels better even if sore. 

Roy, good that the change in plans is moving along. I got replies tonight on the NCL board about not trying to get a taxi at the NY cruise terminal to get us to Grand Central… apparently it’s too short a trip for taxis to bother with, we should Uber instead. Who knew?  I hope you can arrange for a transfer to AmTrak from Bayonne, and I might need to learn how for future use as Bayonne will be a good option for us.  

Maureen, I'm glad your nephew relocated inland.  I hope after his hard work clearing the trees, his home is undamaded.

Lenda

• Like 5