Labor Day Flash Sale

NMTraveller

1 hour ago, poffles said:

I have thoughts on this too ... I also have the Classic package and keep contemplating an upgrade and these sales come around and the upgrade cost is never aligned with the sale on the full package which right now shows 35% off ... the upgrade remains at 5% off (I get better with elite discount) and I don't understand why this isn't 35% off too.  Why oh why is the upgrade not 35% off too ... ugh.

Equally they never discount the Zero package the same amount but this difference I can reason a bit in my mind.

I think it was the 4th of July sale where I grabbed the 50% discount on Classic to Premium upgrade for my cruise earlier this month. My May 2024 cruise wasn't eligible for that sale, but I'm hoping to see that offer come up again.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I asked my husb if he wanted to play the game for our 1 excursion and 3 pre booked dining res. for ASCENT.  He said NO..

He is  happy with what we have.  Any re do would involve  cancellations and re bookings  on our BOA ROYAL POINTS card..plus point adjustments!

Plus the risk that  our desired dinner time slots would be lost..  

Guess the clock has run for him with X.

Getting excited about trying Cancun in lieu of booking another cruise beyond the  2 we have already!

I can certainly see the logic for leaving things alone in that case.  I hope you enjoy your time at Cancun.

1 hour ago, ccqueenanne said:

I think it was the 4th of July sale where I grabbed the 50% discount on Classic to Premium upgrade for my cruise earlier this month. My May 2024 cruise wasn't eligible for that sale, but I'm hoping to see that offer come up again.

Yes, that’s the sale where you could upgrade for $9.99 pd pp. good deal. 

• Like 4

I called Blue Chip and the person handled 2 specialty dining reservations and one excursion.  So much easier for them to do it.  Just need patience waiting to ge them to answer and then process the request.  At least I knew I would not lose the time I wanted by cancelling and then trying to rebook.

I posted this info earlier today for more info.

Worth the trouble I think to save money.

3 hours ago, peterde said:

There are a few shore excursions and dinner reservations that are cheaper at this sale than the last I booked on. Should I call an agent to reprice them so I don’t lose my dinner times or should I just do it online? They are a mix of OBC and credit card paid if that makes a difference. 

Before I cancelled I checked available times....only later times showed.  I rebooked right away after I cancelled and my 6pm time was there.  It's timing and a roll of the dice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Before I cancelled I checked available times....only later times showed.  I rebooked right away after I cancelled and my 6pm time was there.  It's timing and a roll of the dice.

Last month, I repriced by calling Celebrity because the excursion was sold-out.  The rep changed the reservation for me immediately so I didn't have to worry that my computer would freeze.

I rebooked all of my specialty dining and excursions except for one.  I did not have any sold out problems in my case.  YMMV.

I saved around $200 this time around.  For the last flash sale I saved around $1k.

Edited by NMTraveller

Had an issue booking an excursion.  Was getting an error message when I tried to pay.  It told me to remove my dining and try again.  Lol... I was booking an excursion.  IT at it's finest.

Called and got booked and the agent said it was because there are age and weight requirements.  Not sure if that's true but it's booked!  45% savings is nice

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Yes, that’s the sale where you could upgrade for $9.99 pd pp. good deal. 

Indeed.  We purchased it but they cancelled our cruise a few weeks ago, and won't honor repurchase at same price for replacement cruise.

Just canceled and repurchased 2 excursions on 2 different cruises - but was unable to do the same for 2 others as they are showing sold out - but with a better sale price than I paid previously. I’ll call X tomorrow to reprice them. 

Also excited to see multi-night dining pkgs with a decent discount. I cancelled my chefs table reservation and purchased 5 night specialty for only about $50 more. For us, I think we will get far more enjoyment over 5 dinners than just the one super fancy one. 😁

For folks looking in the app … you do not see the same options there for many things … dining pkgs, wi-fi and drink upgrade - etc. so you’ll need to login to the website. 

9 hours ago, poffles said:

I have thoughts on this too ... I also have the Classic package and keep contemplating an upgrade and these sales come around and the upgrade cost is never aligned with the sale on the full package which right now shows 35% off ... the upgrade remains at 5% off (I get better with elite discount) and I don't understand why this isn't 35% off too.  Why oh why is the upgrade not 35% off too ... ugh.

Equally they never discount the Zero package the same amount but this difference I can reason a bit in my mind.

About a month ago the upgrade from classic to premium was at $9.99 per day so it does happen. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

About a month ago the upgrade from classic to premium was at $9.99 per day so it does happen. 

I've been watching sales closely and that must have been only select ships/sailings because it has never appeared at that price for me and I check pretty much daily.  I do have some memory of people saying this but it never was the case in mine, another case of randomness in offerings I guess.

I keep watching.

Some of the excursion deals are solid. I rebooked a bunch for my upcoming cruises and saved about $700. I even booked a pre-cruise two-day overnight to Iguazu Falls at 50 percent off. I never thought I'd go with Celebrity for that tour, but the current promotion made it competitive with the independent tour providers.

Well - that was confusing, but beneficial in the end.

2 of my excursions were sold out - but yet showing the 45% discount price that I could not take advantage of without risking losing my spot by cancelling and then rebooking.  

I called X Captains Club number (30 min wait - they called me back, all in all pretty painless) and was told that they had no magic to book with new price without cancelling first and then rebooking so there was risk and they advised to just keep the current reservation due to the risk - so I would not be able to take advantage of the price drop.  I had 2 cruises - each with a sold out excursion - so I had her check the second one as well - same situation.  However, magically after verifying the second one could also not be repriced - she offered me the cost difference in OBC.  It took her a while to work with a supervisor - but in the end I was given the cost difference in additional OBC (original bookings were paid with OBC) - therefore giving us the 'SALE' without actually changing our price on the excursion.

Not sure what motivated the change in approach  ... from 'sorry, nothing I can do' to 'I can give you OBC for the difference'. Perhaps it was because I was nice to her and didn't complain or yell?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another oddity... I booked the wi-fi one device upgrade via the X app this morning for $7.99 per day and $6.99 per day (two different cruises). I only upgraded my husband because we could make do with only one of us having the extra speed - and I didn't feel like spending twice as much 🙂

But then when I was logged in via the Celebrity website later as I talked to the Captains Club rep, I checked the wi-fi upgrades and it was offering it at $3.99 per day for one device.  I quickly cancelled my original bookings and rebooked for both of us with the new price.  It cost me the same for two on the one cruise and just $1 per day more on the other.  It is definitely my morning... maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket! 🤩

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaisyFire said:

Well - that was confusing, but beneficial in the end.

2 of my excursions were sold out - but yet showing the 45% discount price that I could not take advantage of without risking losing my spot by cancelling and then rebooking.  

I called X Captains Club number (30 min wait - they called me back, all in all pretty painless) and was told that they had no magic to book with new price without cancelling first and then rebooking so there was risk and they advised to just keep the current reservation due to the risk - so I would not be able to take advantage of the price drop.  I had 2 cruises - each with a sold out excursion - so I had her check the second one as well - same situation.  However, magically after verifying the second one could also not be repriced - she offered me the cost difference in OBC.  It took her a while to work with a supervisor - but in the end I was given the cost difference in additional OBC (original bookings were paid with OBC) - therefore giving us the 'SALE' without actually changing our price on the excursion.

Not sure what motivated the change in approach  ... from 'sorry, nothing I can do' to 'I can give you OBC for the difference'. Perhaps it was because I was nice to her and didn't complain or yell?

Ty...I just got OBC for something that couldn't be canceled.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SactoSkip said:

I thought specialty coffees like lattes and cappachinos were only included in the premium package.

Only if you add liquor to the coffees.  I often drink cappuccinos on the Classic package.