Labor Day Flash Sale

NMTraveller

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 1 said:

If you cancel how fast is the OBC back in your account so that you can use it for the rebooking? 

OBC is immediately credited to your account, just logoff and login again and you will se your OBC restored

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 1 said:

If you cancel how fast is the OBC back in your account so that you can use it for the rebooking? 

Instantaneous--just refreshing your web browser screen will do it. 

However if you are cancelling a booking that was sold out, it will take 10 minutes or so for the cancelled spots to open up so that you can re-book.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

New to Celebrity, but not to cruising.  My cruise is June of 2024, so this is the first time any of these sales applied to me.  My question is somewhat weird.  It looks like we can apply OBC to our purchases.  Is this only for excursions or dining and wifi packages too?  The weird part is that every time I check my account, the amount of ABC in it has increased!  As of right now, it's almost double what I originally had.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I really wish they would discount the drink upgrade from Classic to Premium.  Still sitting at the 5%.  Noticed today the wifi upgrade to premium was only 2.99 per day, for my April TA.  

Yeah what is with that? So it's only benefiting people that buy "Cruise Only" packages? I still get a pre-paid tips that I can't delete added on my balance when I have all inclusive. It's getting ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, jajsmom said:

New to Celebrity, but not to cruising.  My cruise is June of 2024, so this is the first time any of these sales applied to me.  My question is somewhat weird.  It looks like we can apply OBC to our purchases.  Is this only for excursions or dining and wifi packages too?  The weird part is that every time I check my account, the amount of ABC in it has increased!  As of right now, it's almost double what I originally had.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Thanks.

OBC can be used to purchase purchase all items in your cruise planner including shorex, dining package, drink packages, wi-fi package, spa, etc.

As far as your other question is concerned about the mysterious increase in your account's OBC, I have not had this happen to me nor have I heard of this.  You may want to talk to your TA to make sure the total is correct before you spend your windfall.

3 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

Yeah what is with that? So it's only benefiting people that buy "Cruise Only" packages? I still get a pre-paid tips that I can't delete added on my balance when I have all inclusive. It's getting ridiculous.

I'd call if I thought there was a chance to make an argument and win.

So not calling 🙂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

OBC can be used to purchase purchase all items in your cruise planner including shorex, dining package, drink packages, wi-fi package, spa, etc.

As far as your other question is concerned about the mysterious increase in your account's OBC, I have not had this happen to me nor have I heard of this.  You may want to talk to your TA to make sure the total is correct before you spend your windfall.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, DaisyFire said:

Another oddity... I booked the wi-fi one device upgrade via the X app this morning for $7.99 per day and $6.99 per day (two different cruises). I only upgraded my husband because we could make do with only one of us having the extra speed - and I didn't feel like spending twice as much 🙂

But then when I was logged in via the Celebrity website later as I talked to the Captains Club rep, I checked the wi-fi upgrades and it was offering it at $3.99 per day for one device.  I quickly cancelled my original bookings and rebooked for both of us with the new price.  It cost me the same for two on the one cruise and just $1 per day more on the other.  It is definitely my morning... maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket! 🤩

Holy cow, I just checked and my sailing is offering $2.99 upgrade to premium wifi

21 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

Holy cow, I just checked and my sailing is offering $2.99 upgrade to premium wifi

Is this because you booked a cruise which included drinks/wifi/etc in the overall cost? Or was this the all in option? Have a cruise coming up in June 2024 and keeping my eyes peeled for offers before then.

Edited by thefrenchitalian

21 minutes ago, thefrenchitalian said:

Is this because you booked a cruise which included drinks/wifi/etc in the overall cost? Or was this the all in option? Have a cruise coming up in June 2024 and keeping my eyes peeled for offers before then.

It’s for a cruise on Oct 1 which might be why it’s so cheap. I booked All Included yes, so this is the price on top of my included basic. I think premium wifi outright is $14.99 currently. 

I have never had celebrity’s basic and was going to check it out first on the upcoming sailing but at $2.99 I’m taking that deal now. Premium works well for me, I can basically use the internet like I do normally at home, watch shows and I like to stream a few hockey games which I was successful in doing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Me too. Is there a massive difference in speed? 

In my experience, there is not a speed difference. The advantage of Premium is the ability to stream, to make phone calls, etc. It seems to us that they throttle down speed on video sites and such for the standard internet access. 

We use Premium primarily for being able to talk to family, largely for health reasons. Sometimes we will stream show episodes or a movie.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DaisyFire said:

Another oddity... I booked the wi-fi one device upgrade via the X app this morning for $7.99 per day and $6.99 per day (two different cruises). I only upgraded my husband because we could make do with only one of us having the extra speed - and I didn't feel like spending twice as much 🙂

But then when I was logged in via the Celebrity website later as I talked to the Captains Club rep, I checked the wi-fi upgrades and it was offering it at $3.99 per day for one device.  I quickly cancelled my original bookings and rebooked for both of us with the new price.  It cost me the same for two on the one cruise and just $1 per day more on the other.  It is definitely my morning... maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket! 🤩

Thanks.  I just rebooked this again and got 2.

Has anyone noticed that every time they cancel and rebook the wifi it gives them an extra 12 pennies of OBC.   I suppose someone could write a javascript program and have it  cancel and rebook 10000 times and they would have $1200 in OBC 🙂🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are folks getting the OBC reinstated immediately upon canceling? 

I'd like to cancel and rebook a few excursions, but some have only 2-3 spots left. I'm concerned I might lose the spot if I have to wait for the OBC.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Are folks getting the OBC reinstated immediately upon canceling? 

I'd like to cancel and rebook a few excursions, but some have only 2-3 spots left. I'm concerned I might lose the spot if I have to wait for the OBC.

Thanks.

Yes...immediately

• Thanks 1

We're on Beyond next Spring. Rates are much higher then what others have stated above. Premium 1 device is $21.99 per guest/per day. Premium 2 device is $38.99 per guest/per day. Seems like a bit much, lol.

Question...with two devices, does that mean the DW and I can share or toggle back and forth with only one logged in at the time or can we be on at the same time.

I'm guessing only one at the time which would mean we would each need to get a package with one device. Thus being able to log in at the same time.  Looking for clarification. TIA. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, cruisinlawn said:

We're on Beyond next Spring. Rates are much higher then what others have stated above. Premium 1 device is $21.99 per guest/per day. Premium 2 device is $38.99 per guest/per day. Seems like a bit much, lol.

Question...with two devices, does that mean the DW and I can share or toggle back and forth with only one logged in at the time or can we be on at the same time.

I'm guessing only one at the time which would mean we would each need to get a package with one device. Thus being able to log in at the same time.  Looking for clarification. TIA. Enjoy!

The prices people are quoting is to upgrade...so they already have the standard wifi. 

You can toggle back and forth with a single package, but only one can use it at a time. Usually it is cheaper to buy the 2 package deal instead of two 1 package deals.

27 minutes ago, cruisinlawn said:

Premium 2 device plan allows you both to be online with your own device at the same time. The only thing you share is the same login account.