Pre-buy laundry or use Captain's Select Discount on-board?

LB_NJ

We have a 12 night cruise booked on Constellation, and we will likely need to do one load of laundry while on-board.

We are Celebrity Select so only a discount, not a free bag.

They are offering a pre-cruise price of $39.  Is it better to buy it pre-cruise or wait until we are on-board?

7 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

We have a 12 night cruise booked on Constellation, and we will likely need to do one load of laundry while on-board.

We are Celebrity Select so only a discount, not a free bag.

They are offering a pre-cruise price of $39.  Is it better to buy it pre-cruise or wait until we are on-board?

Hi.  We were on Summit 8/6-8/18.  $39 is pretty good.  I had purchased pre-cruise bag of laundry for $49 I think.  Which the time was a decent price.  Then at the beginning of the cruise there was a CC Select perks card that had that bag of laundry for $20!  So i ran down to guest services and just cancelled my purchase.  Got credit right away.  Did my $20 bag about mid cruise.  So you just never know I guess.  Keep checking for best price pre-cruise (buy/cancel/buy/cancel, etc.)  Then just see what is offered on board.

11 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I hear they're changing the name of their new ship from the Ascent to the more appropriate Descent, as their reputation goes down hill.

Thumbs Up for that!

we are booked on it in Jan..will do our comp laundry bags  and wash bathibgs suits in the sink as always .& drip dry in the shower..

Celebrity is such a rip off for laundry.(amongst many other things)

HAL offer unlimited wash/fold service for $7/day ($9/day in some destinations) for all occupants in the cabin. That’s unlimited laundry on a 7 night Caribbean cruise for $49!  They provide generous CLOTH bags to send the clothes out and they either come back hung in a garment bag or in a wicker basket wrapped in tissue with a gold HAL logo sticker seal, and ALWAYS with a hand written than you note from the laundry team.

Princess have self serve washers/dryers on all their ships for a reasonable fee and complimentary use irons/boards. Elite members get unlimited wash/fold laundry by the bag service as a loyalty perk. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 10:45 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Celebrity is such a rip off for laundry.(amongst many other things)

HAL offer unlimited wash/fold service for $7/day ($9/day in some destinations) for all occupants in the cabin. That’s unlimited laundry on a 7 night Caribbean cruise for $49!  They provide generous CLOTH bags to send the clothes out and they either come back hung in a garment bag or in a wicker basket wrapped in tissue with a gold HAL logo sticker seal, and ALWAYS with a hand written than you note from the laundry team.

Princess have self serve washers/dryers on all their ships for a reasonable fee and complimentary use irons/boards. Elite members get unlimited wash/fold laundry by the bag service as a loyalty perk. 

I remember doing 1load of laundry at the self-service machines on my first cruise ever, the Westerdam with HAL. Altogether, it was no more than 4 or 5 bucks in coins/ tokens. Surprisingly, I rather appreciated the Opti n of doing my own laundry whilst on vacation. 

PS - $16 for one load is the best price I've seen on Celebrity. Thanks @Condogirl. If this is available on the Equinox next spring, I'll probably take it. 

while we use our 2 comp bags ( E+),  there are many things we will not send out....laundry uses hot water.

.Easy care,  quick dry fabric can be washed in the sink..hung on balc chair backs to dry or over the shower stall.

Even the discoubted rates are VERY HIGH!

We only use our CC wash n fold laundry perk for underwater and socks. Cloth bags. We have cruised Princess and never used and never will use their onboard laundromats. Cruised HAL and their laundry return service was nicer than Celebrity's but we only used it for underwear and socks so not a show stopper there. 

On 8/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, wrk2cruise said:

I did notice they also offer bag with wash and press service for $49 with the flash sale going on now.

Also just got 12 dry clean items for $35.  We will be on a 26 N B2B so near the end for the first leg we get a fair amount of our stuff dry cleaned - less to pack.

5 minutes ago, doghog said:

We only use our CC wash n fold laundry perk for underwater and socks. Cloth bags. We have cruised Princess and never used and never will use their onboard laundromats. Cruised HAL and their laundry return service was nicer than Celebrity's but we only used it for underwear and socks so not a show stopper there. 

us too  underwear socks and tees

they come back very white

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Also just got 12 dry clean items for $35.  We will be on a 26 N B2B so near the end for the first leg we get a fair amount of our stuff dry cleaned - less to pack.

that is a great deal! woukd cost dbl on land