Crown Suites Question

grak

6 minutes ago, grak said:

Do the Crown Suites have a dedicated concierge?

Was just the Royal class ships:

Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky, Enchanted & Discovery etc.

Not sure if they added to the list. There was some talk of other ships, maybe someone will chime in on the Crown.

There is no lounge on any ship other than Royal class ships. There has been talk about the old loyalty officers on other ships to provide help to suite passengers but I have not seen any. I am in a suite at the end of September on the Crown and I have not gotten any communication from them about this service so time will tell

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Princess needs to figure out how to standardize the suite experience across their ships - I was in a suite on the Royal in 2022 and having both the lounge and access to a concierge was great - was a nice add to the experience. In absence of the space for a lounge, would be great just to have access to dedicated Concierge service. Got a suite for an upcoming December cruise on the Crown and while I knew there wasn't a lounge, I assumed they'd still have someone dedicated so am a bit disappointed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drizzle63 said:

I think Princess needs to figure out how to standardize the suite experience across their ships - I was in a suite on the Royal in 2022 and having both the lounge and access to a concierge was great - was a nice add to the experience. In absence of the space for a lounge, would be great just to have access to dedicated Concierge service. Got a suite for an upcoming December cruise on the Crown and while I knew there wasn't a lounge, I assumed they'd still have someone dedicated so am a bit disappointed.

Are you on the 12/12/23 Mexico or 12/22/23 Hawaii?  We doing both (B2B) in suites and would love just a concierge.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, drizzle63 said:

The lounge thing is something ne to Princess. Not really that big a deal for us except to grab coffee or before going to breakfast and setting up specialty dinner times

4 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Are you on the 12/12/23 Mexico or 12/22/23 Hawaii?  We doing both (B2B) in suites and would love just a concierge.

Wow that's pretty exciting, back to back! We are doing the 12/12 MX Riviera. We snagged an aft suite on the Caribe deck. 

1 minute ago, memoak said:

The lounge thing is something ne to Princess. Not really that big a deal for us except to grab coffee or before going to breakfast and setting up specialty dinner times

I was directly across from the lounge on the Royal last year and thought it would be an annoyance, but never heard noise and we enjoyed having the nibbles, cocktails, help, and a quiet space to hang when we wanted to socialize but didn't want the crowds. I think, though, I was mostly impressed with the one- touch cappuccino machine. That really made my day and had to buy one when I got home 😂

11 minutes ago, drizzle63 said:

Wow that's pretty exciting, back to back! We are doing the 12/12 MX Riviera. We snagged an aft suite on the Caribe deck. 

I love the aft suites and those are the ones we have always booked.  This time though we are going midship on the Riviera deck because of my husbands mobility issues.  We'll be right next to the elevators which is much easier for him. The walk from the aft suites became too much.  See you on board!

• Like 1

There was a dedicated. concierge on the Caribbean Princess in July 2022.  Her previous responsibility was the Loyalty and Events person.  She is now a staff position and behind the scenes (no "office").  But I could meet with her and was was in constant contact by phone.  There really wasn't anything that I needed or had a pressing problem.  I just wanted to get to know her and had questions she could answer.  I will meet with her again in October to question the $5 room service fee for MDR dinners in my suite.  

A very long time ago, I did experience help from a dedicated person/supervisor from Tours and Excursions who was able to help me out with a problem.  This is/was listed as a suite perk.

On 9/1/2023 at 6:48 AM, memoak said:

There is no lounge on any ship other than Royal class ships. There has been talk about the old loyalty officers on other ships to provide help to suite passengers but I have not seen any. I am in a suite at the end of September on the Crown and I have not gotten any communication from them about this service so time will tell

19 hours ago, drizzle63 said:

That happened to me. Had a penthouse on the Royal.. Suite lounge was really an incredible add for us.  Then booked a penthouse on the Crown. I did not know they did not have a lounge. It was a disappointment. Next cruise we have booked is on the Regal. Got the same penthouse cabin we had on the Royal, right across the hall from the lounge    :O)

29 minutes ago, Shippy said:

That happened to me. Had a penthouse on the Royal.. Suite lounge was really an incredible add for us.  Then booked a penthouse on the Crown. I did not know they did not have a lounge. It was a disappointment. Next cruise we have booked is on the Regal. Got the same penthouse cabin we had on the Royal, right across the hall from the lounge    :O)

I will probably think twice about the type of cabin I'm getting on different class ships. I had my eye on Reserve Minis on this cruise for myself and travel buddy, but wanted them close by and that didn't come up because I'm such a last minute planner. We opted to share a suite, the space is nice but outside of the Reserve dining there really isn't enough draw for me to pony up for a suite on this class ship having learned the difference!  

Were you in R609 on the Royal? I would totally choose a location near the lounge again!

1 hour ago, drizzle63 said:

I will probably think twice about the type of cabin I'm getting on different class ships. I had my eye on Reserve Minis on this cruise for myself and travel buddy, but wanted them close by and that didn't come up because I'm such a last minute planner. We opted to share a suite, the space is nice but outside of the Reserve dining there really isn't enough draw for me to pony up for a suite on this class ship having learned the difference!  

Were you in R609 on the Royal? I would totally choose a location near the lounge again!

That was my cabin, and will also be the same on our Regal cruise.

I could walk across the hall in my robe in the middle of the night for a snack      :O)

7 minutes ago, Shippy said:

That was my cabin, and will also be the same on our Regal cruise.

I could walk across the hall in my robe in the middle of the night for a snack      :O)

I had that suite, too, Thanksgiving 2022 out of SF to Ensenada. Loved it.