Conquest passenger reported missing 9/6/2023

dobiemom

23 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Maybe he decided to stow away and go on another cruise. He could sleep on the deck and eat at the buffet.

Maybe, but with it being a week later, someone would have seen him by now. I'm sure crew were told to be on the lookout and one of them would eventually recognize him. He can't hide out forever.

The most likely scenario is usually the correct one. In this case, he probably (sadly) went overboard.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2023 at 12:53 PM, balcony bound said:

Whole thing is really weird!  Reminds me of a long ago story about a young woman who went missing from a ship and was never found.

Amy Bradley?  In 1998 she went missing from a cruise ship as well.  There were unconfirmed sightings of her but she was never found.

Her family assumed the cruise ship was searched thoroughly before the next round of passengers boarded but it turns out it was not.  The cruiseline wasn't helpful and seemed like the local police couldn't do anything either.

• Like 1

Just asking, if he is still on the ship do you think the regular crew member is really looking for him? If he just mingles in with the crowd he could he could stay on got most of the week, but at some point he would have to run into someone.

Edited by nydney1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

Amy Bradley?  In 1998 she went missing from a cruise ship as well.  There were unconfirmed sightings of her but she was never found.

Her family assumed the cruise ship was searched thoroughly before the next round of passengers boarded but it turns out it was not.  The cruiseline wasn't helpful and seemed like the local police couldn't do anything either.

Yes that's the one I was thinking of.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nydney1 said:

Just asking, if he is still on the ship do you think the regular crew member is really looking for him? If he just mingles in with the crowd he could he could stay on got most of the week, but at some point he would have to run into someone.

No probably not. But that still leaves the question of where he would sleep and bathe. They will certainly notice someone who is sleeping in public areas all night or hasn't taken a bath or changed clothes in a week. 

• Like 2

Many years ago an aging man turned up missing for debarkation and when they went to his cabin they found all of his personal effects laid out quite nicely on his coffee table; his will , a list of who all to call, and his last handful of money. Best guess at that time is he jumped overboard on the last night at sea. I think the ship was a Holland American ship.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, nydney1 said:

Very doubtful for many reasons.  He would be noticed by the crew.  They are all pretty familar with each other.  Also, he will have to adventually leave the ship.  If he was trying to disappear, it would seem to me that he would do it at one of the ports. He was obviously a family person as he was with a large family cruise.  I can't imagine he would do this to them knowing how upsetting it would be.  It might be that we will never know what happened to him.  My best guess is that he went overboard some how and was missed by the cameras. I feel terrible for his family.  I can't imagine what they are going through.

Edit - I don't mean all the crew know each other, but I think he would be noticed by them.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

No probably not. But that still leaves the question of where he would sleep and bathe. They will certainly notice someone who is sleeping in public areas all night or hasn't taken a bath or changed clothes in a week. 

I swear I posted in here earlier....

He could easily shower in the spa, and eat at the buffet for weeks. The issue would become laundry and he couldn't buy $5 T-shirts without a valid Sign n Sail card.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

He could easily shower in the spa, and eat at the buffet for weeks. The issue would become laundry and he couldn't buy $5 T-shirts without a valid Sign n Sail card.

Someone on board would have recognized him. The crew would know his face by now and would have saw him by now. Not to mention cameras everywhere on the ship. Why is this guy always in the spa shower every day for a couple of weeks? Why does he have the same clothes on that stink like a garbage dump? Why is he always sleeping on a lounge chair? Why does he smell like foul body odor with no access to soap or deodorant or toothpaste? He would be sticking out like a sore thumb.

If stowaways on board a cruise ship were that easy people would probably attempt to do it all the time. If he is still on board he is probably dead in a broom closet and by now they would have noticed from the odor of the rotting corpse.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hard_eight said:

That still doesn't solve the issue of where he will sleep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Plenty of deck chairs or empty venues that can be accessed.

Yes, but a crew member should notice and question someone sleeping in public areas all night. Just from the standpoint of crew not necessarily being able to pick him out of a crowd. If someone is doing something as unusual as sleeping in a lounge or deck chair all night (and BTW, they pick all the deck chairs up at night), that should arouse attention.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

I've slept in Serenity. No one said a thing.

Not every night for weeks on end you didn't. If he was doing that it would have been noticed by now. 

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he could have gotten off the ship without notice.  Someone on another forum suggested he was trying to duck out of child support and criminal charges. Heck, once the boat is in port, you could jump off one of the lower decks and swim to shore. You could definitely jump off of a Cove balcony and not be injured. I have jumped out of trees/off of rocks at lakes higher than Deck 2.  I know he had an inside cabin, but when people are checking out, they sometimes leave doors open.  And some of the boats have public decks on like deck 4. 

I mean, most likely he committed suicide, but stranger things have happened.  Like the guy from Louisiana who fell off a Carnival ship and was found after a couple of days floating in the gulf recently. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I think he could have gotten off the ship without notice.  Someone on another forum suggested he was trying to duck out of child support and criminal charges. Heck, once the boat is in port, you could jump off one of the lower decks and swim to shore. You could definitely jump off of a Cove balcony and not be injured. I have jumped out of trees/off of rocks at lakes higher than Deck 2.  I know he had an inside cabin, but when people are checking out, they sometimes leave doors open.  And some of the boats have public decks on like deck 4. 

I mean, most likely he committed suicide, but stranger things have happened.  Like the guy from Louisiana who fell off a Carnival ship and was found after a couple of days floating in the gulf recently. 

What criminal charges ? I missed that. Thx!

• Like 1