A few simple questions about Princess Plus

Bojeanne

If anyone has cruised Princess lately, could you take a minute to answer a few questions about the drinks package included in Princess Plus? We drink lots of bottled water. Can we order large quantities through room service, say 6 or 10 bottles at a time? A coffee drinker in my group wants to be certain that espresso and cappuccino are included. Also, Prosecco. Finally, will we be able to self-serve at the buffet, or are the ships still doing waiter-serve? Thanks in advance for any info.

You cannot order a case of water from room service, however you can get water from any bar, or could likely also order on the app (will come from a bar).  We have ordered 2 bottles of water each (ttl 4) with no issues.  Rather than stock up, it’s generally easier to grab one or two on the way to your room.

Espresso and cappuccino are included.  You can order through the app or at IC, and wherever else machines are located (coffee & cones, Princess Live, sometimes a station in the buffet (Royal class))

There are self-serve stations at the buffet, or the waiters will be glad to serve you.

• Like 4

For water - what blizzard said, plus I'll add you can also pre-purchase bottled water ahead of your cruise to have it in your stateroom when you arrive.  It's kind of counter-productive in the sense that you have to pay for it vs free with package, but it isn't very expensive ($7 for a 12-pack) and then your room stocked from the get go.  DW and I always do.  Not that it's a big deal to remember to pick up extras when out and about but for $7 we can completely forget about it.

Nothing to add to Coffee or buffet, blizzard covers it.

• Like 2

Prosecco. If Princess stocks this sparkling wine then you can order it by the glass. I don't know the cost, but if a glass is $15 or less it is included in the plus package. If the cost is greater then you pay the difference + 18%. Wines by the bottle are not included. You do get a 25% discount of you order a bottle.  

• Like 1

We *always* pre-order a 12 pack of water for $7.08.  Best deal on the ship.  I know I can ask for individual bottles at any bar...but I just prefer the convenience of it waiting for me when I get to my cabin.  If it's not there yet, just remind the steward that you're supposed to have it.  He/she will take care of getting it expedited (in our experience.)

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

I know you didn't ask this but just for completeness... you can get real Champagne included in the Premium package... not sure it was a lot better than the Prosecco though 🙂 A good Prosecco can be miles better than a bad Champagne.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

We also pre-purchased the bottled water pre-cruise.  The only downside was that they delivered it all at once on Day 1.  I don't recall if we got 2 or 3 cases.  Regardless, it won't all fit in the mini-fridge so it took up valuable counter space.  On our next cruise, I'll just order 1 case pre-cruise and supplement with an occasional trip to a bar. 

You can order bottled water through the OceanNow app.  A 500 ml was listed at $2.50 per bottle (Sky Princess June 2023).  The canned sodas I purchased would also show as $2.50 per can, but as I proceeded to checkout the price would zero out with a "package discount".  I don't know if water would be the same or not.  I had the Premier package, but I don't think canned sodas were supposed to be included in it or the Plus package.  

Prosecco was listed under the Plus package on the menus at the MDR, Crown Grill, and Alfredo's.  The one listed at Vines was $11 per glass, so it should also be included in the Plus package.

8 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I will start with the warning that things do seem to charge monthly but we’ve always been successful in ordering 6 or 12 bottles of water via the plus package by just calling room service. 

I have to wonder it that would now incur a $5 room service fee.

18 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Not with the plus package,  but without the package, I’m sure you would pay for the room service but the per bottle price onboard.  

D'Oh! My bad. My brain isn't working today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bojeanne said:

If anyone has cruised Princess lately, could you take a minute to answer a few questions about the drinks package included in Princess Plus? We drink lots of bottled water. Can we order large quantities through room service, say 6 or 10 bottles at a time? A coffee drinker in my group wants to be certain that espresso and cappuccino are included. Also, Prosecco. Finally, will we be able to self-serve at the buffet, or are the ships still doing waiter-serve? Thanks in advance for any info.

Definitely found Prosecco, that was my go-to on the Enchanted.  Found it at the bar where the sushi was everynight and it fit within the plus package pricing.. 

Edited by Esjung1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

Definitely found Prosecco, that was my go-to on the Enchanted.  Found it at the bar where the sushi was everynight and it fit within the plus package pricing.. 

Neither of us has a phabulous wine palate. The most expensive Champagne I have ever tried was Dom Pérignon and it was too dang dry for my taste. If I feel I must have bubbly the Prosecco will likely suit me just fine. I realize this likely marks me as a Barbarian to those who do have developed palates and love a very dry Champagne but such is life.

I think it's great we aren't all the same. There is a thread going currently about Sherry. To me, the idea of drinking Sherry is a non-starter. I'm guessing the Sherry drinkers may well gag  at the thought of a high-iodine Scotch. but I've been known to drink it and drank quite a bit of it on one cruise. (My wife can't even stand the smell of it!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TN-Mountains said:

We also pre-purchased the bottled water pre-cruise.  The only downside was that they delivered it all at once on Day 1.  I don't recall if we got 2 or 3 cases.  Regardless, it won't all fit in the mini-fridge so it took up valuable counter space.  On our next cruise, I'll just order 1 case pre-cruise and supplement with an occasional trip to a bar. 

What do you do with the shelf space above the closet area?  We store extra bottles up there that are not needing to be in the mini-fridge.

OP is getting the plus package.  No need to pre-order and pay for water.  Every time you pass a bar, pick up a couple of bottles

Specialty coffees are covered.

Prosecco is included.

Yes, you can order specialty coffees in the MDR.  You can even have coffee with a shot of Baileys.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 5:17 AM, TN-Mountains said:

I’m too short to use that shelf, so it never occurred to me to store the water there.  🙂

That shelf is of no use to me either, for the same reason. 😀

But what about under the bed?