Club Balcony Worth more$?

opa&oma

Mid ship location, larger bathroom (shower area, sometimes nicer shower head ), Prosecco in the cabin and chocolate covered strawberries, along with 4) cookies later in the week.

they say nicer bedding but I can’t verify.

Depending on the price difference…you’ll need to determine value.

48 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Also earlier pre-cruise dining and entertainment reservations and a free laundry or pressing.

Oh yeah..the laundry benefit was awesome.  You never know when you may need mid-cruise, unexpected laundry needs.  The early dining reservations haven’t worked for us…but that could have been me and the app.

2 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

It's on the Bliss.

What’s the price difference?  While we have sailed a couple Balcony and several Club Balcony, if the bathroom space isn’t a biggie, go for the balcony.  If you like the Prosecco in room, look at the “gifts” you can send to your room.  Sometimes less than booking a Club Balcony.  I am not opposed to sending myself treats throughout the cruise😌

41 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

It's on the Bliss.

On the Bliss, the difference in the rooms is the bathroom size. The rooms are nearly identical. The bathroom will have a full size shower (versus transporter tube) and a double sink. Yeah, there are a few perks like a bag of laundry (which saves you $29 if you use the service), but it is mostly the bathroom. 

For us, we always book a Club Balcony because as we get older and less mobile, the big shower is more important to us. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

The most attractive perk would be prebooking all the entertainment. Is it possible for all the venues?

As of today, the price difference is only $130pp is that the usual difference?

I’ve booked a club balcony and don’t have access to book any entertainment. I thought it opens up at 21 days pre cruise for everyone (perhaps Haven has early access). 

Have only cruised Norwegian once - have no idea how everything works. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by durberville
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, durberville said:

I’ve booked a club balcony and don’t have access to book any entertainment. I thought it opens up at 21 days pre cruise for everyone (perhaps Haven has early access). 

Have only cruised Norwegian once - have no idea how everything works. 🤷‍♀️

Correct.  It used to be entertainment and dining 120 days earlier but now only dining and entertainment is 21 days.  Although that’s only for a couple of shows anyway.

• Like 1

We thought the Club Balcony on the Encore last year and the Joy this past April were worth it by far..the 2 vanities is nice to have- first time ever my wife & I could brush our teeth & fix our hair at the same time, but the shower is the big thing here..you could've put ANDRE THE GIANT in the there!! OMG, it was so spacious and there were several jets that come out and spray you all over ..best shower we've ever had on our 45 cruises..I HATE tight showers..we are booked again in a CB on the Escape in December..go for it!

Big Al

• Like 2

6 hours ago, opa&oma said:

The most attractive perk would be prebooking all the entertainment. Is it possible for all the venues?

As of today, the price difference is only $130pp is that the usual difference?

It is often only like $100-200 more...to me for a bigger shower & 2 vanities instead of one, that's a bargain...if it was $750-1000, that's different..

Big Al

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rattla said:

Correct.  It used to be entertainment and dining 120 days earlier but now only dining and entertainment is 21 days.  Although that’s only for a couple of shows anyway.

Why for only a couple of shows?  Not all are included in early booking?

5 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

On our sailing (Encore Alaska) the only production show is Choir of Men. 🤨 and it appears that is the ONLY entertainment you can book. Everything else is small venue or no reservations needed (first come first served ?) Can’t say I’m impressed with the offerings - we are used to some kind of production show every night in the theatre like most other lines. 😕 With the number of people on this ship I’m even worried about getting into Choir of Men. 

2 hours ago, opa&oma said:

Not 100% sure, but I think it's only for the big production shows. Right now, there are two on the Bliss.

BTW, we are on the Bliss this January, in a Club balcony. Today is day 120 prior.

Specialty dining opened as of today, as has been posted here already. And, today, An NCL rep mentioned that the show reservations are, indeed, open at 21 days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UKstages said:

on the prima and viva, club balcony rooms are aft.

Really…I didn’t realize that.  We had a balcony then upgraded to FWD Club Balcony on Prima.  I really liked being FWD on Prima.  It was much less congested. FWD had two elevator banks…one port and one SB, with three lifts each.  The AFT elevators are all together and only 4 total.  And being forward you don’t have to walk through the buffet to get to the pool.

6 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Really…I didn’t realize that.  We had a balcony then upgraded to FWD Club Balcony on Prima.  I really liked being FWD on Prima.  It was much less congested. FWD had two elevator banks…one port and one SB, with three lifts each.  The AFT elevators are all together and only 4 total.  And being forward you don’t have to walk through the buffet to get to the pool.

You are correct!  Not all Club Balcony rooms are only Aft.  Decks 9-13 have M2 and MB rooms!

Edited by ggTexasGal
corrected spelling