Hideaway Beach at Perfect Day

On 9/18/2023 at 7:05 PM, jean87510 said:

I am probably one of the few people who just doesn't like coco cay at all especially with the price increases and personally find it boring.  We aren't big drinkers and can't sit in a chair all day.  Snorkeling is terrible there compared to what we have seen elsewhere.  I saw the hideaway bay and was actually interested as it had the adult section and I thought well a new place to walk around and relax.  Nope.  Gotta fork out money.  We are back there in November and we were just saying to each other, let's just go for a few hours after lunch on ship and hopefully it won't be as crowded.  

You are not alone.  😉  Used to love it...but now it is just a theme park atmosphere.  Mother Nature was pushed out for commercialization.  

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:57 AM, MommaBear55 said:

I'm definitely old, I think of an adult area as quiet, won't be that way with a non stop DJ! Looking forward to the reports on actually how loud it's going to be. 

Agreed, but I don't consider that "old". I just don't agree with the current  culture that everything enjoyable on vacation has to please extroverts and involve loud "beats". Just hearing the words "DJ-spun" - UGH.

I know most on here will consider it cliched, but my idea of adult paradise involves some relaxing chill island music (marley, buffett, chesney) or regular songs from different genres and eras to please a wider audience, including some current stuff.

Of course, I'd be wrong to judge before any actual reviews! But if it's all contemporary hip hop/top 40 mixes - definitely will be looking for non-coco cay itineraries. 

Edited by Flafun888
  • Like 3

On 9/14/2023 at 6:27 PM, seasidemama said:

"All adults, All party, All day" - doesn't make me feel happy to the type of clientele they are marketing to.

The fact that it's 18 and over vs 21 and over is a huge difference in crowd and ambiance imo. Throw in obnoxiously loud DJ beats and you're talking a BIG spring break-style college atmosphere from late Feb thru late April.

I definitely wouldn't pay for that, but then again, I'm probably closer to the "get off my lawn" demographic. 😅

Edited by Flafun888
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Flafun888 said:

Agreed, but I don't consider that "old". I just don't agree with the current  culture that everything enjoyable on vacation has to please extroverts and involve loud "beats". Just hearing the words "DJ-spun" - UGH.

I know most on here will consider it cliched, but my idea of adult paradise involves some relaxing chill island music (marley, buffett, chesney) or regular songs from different genres and eras to please a wider audience, including some current stuff.

Of course, I'd be wrong to judge before any actual reviews! But if it's all contemporary hip hop/top 40 mixes - definitely will be looking for non-coco cay itineraries. 

You are also not alone!   Your description of the the adult paradise...is mine as well.  Ahhh...perfect!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 5:55 AM, deliver42 said:

Starting Jan 1, 2024, the Bahamas is raising it's taxes per passenger big time, including the private islands for every cruise line.

"big time" is relative.  I received an updated invoice from my TA for a March Odyssey sailing that stops at PDCC, the new tax amounted to less than $30 total for the two of us.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 6:55 AM, deliver42 said:

Starting Jan 1, 2024, the Bahamas is raising it's taxes per passenger big time, including the private islands for every cruise line.

That's the port tax, though. 

Separate from the 10% VAT, which is what is being added to things like Hideaway Beach or other CocoCay extras. 

2 hours ago, Newcruiser215 said:

image.thumb.png.c7dce5ee6150390f5bd088a7716b97f1.png

Here's how much daybeds are going for at the Hideaway pool on Icon, if anyone is curious. $700 for a Casita is the biggest offender in my opinion. 

The hideaway this post is about is a section of Coco cay.  I didn't realize Icon had their own hideaway.

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

I didn't either - but sheesh, both of those on the same cruise would get pricey!

It's why I think I'm sticking with the little guys for upcoming sailings.  This is nice for some but would be useless for the husband and I.

9 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

It's why I think I'm sticking with the little guys for upcoming sailings.  This is nice for some but would be useless for the husband and I.

Yep we prefer the non-Oasis and above ships and expect we'll stick to those unless we need to go bigger for an extended family trip!

• Like 1

I am so naive, I actually thought the adult area would be free like on the Disney island. 

It would have been nice if they'd have an area with the standard amenities (just sans kids) and another paid area with the other perks.  Like a beach club within the adult section.  It would have been nice to have an option to go "adults only" some of the time. Disappointing news. 

OK, so as someone who has never been to CocoCay, I'm trying to figure things out for my February Anthem cruise. I'd planned to book this hearing "Adults Only" and limited admission - but my experience with that and a private island is Serenity Bay on Disney's Castaway Cay.

But all this "DJs everywhere, etc." is definitely not that. And not something I want. And if the numbers reported here are accurate, I don't see that many chairs, etc. in the video, so...it doesn't seem like you're guaranteed a chair?

Reading this, I am getting that the Club is designed to be more serene...but as I understand it, it's not Adults Only so there could be kids. And jeez it's pricey. (Especially since I am NOT a public pool person. They skeeve me out.)

Are there ANY areas on the island that are relatively quiet where you can get a chair/lounger? Anthem will be at the island the same time as Liberty...and I can't find which is scheduled to arrive first...but I'm guessing that is going to make it crazy crowded. Am I going to be out of luck for a peaceful beach day?

8 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

OK, so as someone who has never been to CocoCay, I'm trying to figure things out for my February Anthem cruise. I'd planned to book this hearing "Adults Only" and limited admission - but my experience with that and a private island is Serenity Bay on Disney's Castaway Cay.

But all this "DJs everywhere, etc." is definitely not that. And not something I want. And if the numbers reported here are accurate, I don't see that many chairs, etc. in the video, so...it doesn't seem like you're guaranteed a chair?

Reading this, I am getting that the Club is designed to be more serene...but as I understand it, it's not Adults Only so there could be kids. And jeez it's pricey. (Especially since I am NOT a public pool person. They skeeve me out.)

Are there ANY areas on the island that are relatively quiet where you can get a chair/lounger? Anthem will be at the island the same time as Liberty...and I can't find which is scheduled to arrive first...but I'm guessing that is going to make it crazy crowded. Am I going to be out of luck for a peaceful beach day?

I’d recommend South Beach….free, quiet, has its own Snack Shack, it’s near the swim-out floating bar, and while it’s not officially “adults only” it does tend to be relatively child free. It’s far from the water park and kiddy water playground so it’s very quiet. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

I’d recommend South Beach….free, quiet, has its own Snack Shack, it’s near the swim-out floating bar, and while it’s not officially “adults only” it does tend to be relatively child free. It’s far from the water park and kiddy water playground so it’s very quiet. 

Thank you!

• Like 1