What are the benefits of Club Class?

IndyKid

OK, so I just received the email from Princess inviting me to bid on an upgrade. We're currently booked on a balcony, but the mini-suite looks interesting. The description says Club Class, what extra benefits does that include?

The email says "From $250/pp". Is that the normal cost to upgrade or a minimum bid? I'm curious what other cruisers' winning bids were for one of these?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

OK, so I just received the email from Princess inviting me to bid on an upgrade. We're currently booked on a balcony, but the mini-suite looks interesting. The description says Club Class, what extra benefits does that include?

The email says "From $250/pp". Is that the normal cost to upgrade or a minimum bid? I'm curious what other cruisers' winning bids were for one of these?

Handy dandy website!

And, it's called Reserve now, although Princess hasn't updated every single spot of the website or communications as yet.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/staterooms/reserve-collection/

• Like 2

Balcony to        Mini-suite to                 Reserve/Club Class Mini-suite

Standard cabin to cabin with a "living/separate sitting room" to Mini with a Special dining room for breakfast, dinner, and sea day lunches.  

There are a few other smaller perks...but never to be confused with a Full Suite.

How many days?  Which ship?  Which itinerary?  Worth it is only for you to decide.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, IndyKid said:

If the additional $500 to have the seating area in the cabin is a worthwhile feature in addition to being seated quickly in the DR, then go for it. Most cruises sell those cabins out before sailing. 

• Like 1

With our "one and only" experience with Club Class (it was still named that at the time) we experienced what we considered to be much better than normal service and attention in the MDR (in the section set aside for this.) This was on the Sky last year. We have another booking leaving in 2 days on Caribbean Princess and we will be doing Reserve Class for this one.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Balcony to        Mini-suite to                 Reserve/Club Class Mini-suite

Standard cabin to cabin with a "living/separate sitting room" to Mini with a Special dining room for breakfast, dinner, and sea day lunches.  

There are a few other smaller perks...but never to be confused with a Full Suite.

How many days?  Which ship?  Which itinerary?  Worth it is only for you to decide.

7 Days, Caribbean Princess, Eastern Caribbean.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Even just to move from a balcony to a minisuite, I would do it. We don’t see a lot of value in Reserve Class, but at that I would jump at it and bid the minimum. 

So what is the minimum? Is it whatever you want to pay or is it the $250 mentioned in the email?

• Like 1

Depends on the ship and how long the voyage.   

As was stated in most cruises Club or Reserve Class are booked up fairly quickly.

We do have Reserve Class on Regal Princess , Trans-Atlantic Passage.  We have been contacted by Princess several times asking if we wish to upgrade to a "Full Suite"

We are happy with our room, and the "perks" that go with it.  Will not trade up. 

• Like 1

FWIW we won’t book anything less than a Reserve Collection, formerly Club Class, mini suite. The main reason is to be able to dine in the “anytime dining” Reserve Dining Room. It’s more relaxed, we usually eat at the same table or one close by with the same servers every time, regardless of whether it’s breakfast, lunch (on sea days), or dinner. We also enjoy the larger mini suite cabin with a sofa and having our choice of canapés delivered every day around 4 pm when we order them. Personally, depending on your budget, I would bid $350 pp to improve your odds of getting the upgrade.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/staterooms/reserve-collection/

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 5

I have to reflect back on the first time a cruise line started implementing a My, Any, whatever time dining other than the old Traditional. So many complained that they would never accept anything other than Traditional Dining. If that cruise line did not offer Traditional Dinning they would not cruise that line again. LOL

Now you are paying extra for Reserve. LOL

REGARDLESS, HAPPY CRUISING!

Enjoy it, it is your choice! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

I don’t see it mentioned anywhere, so be aware that if you are planning to use the reserve class dining area, any of the folks who are traveling with you, who are not in reserve class, or in a full suite, will not be able to join you.

It will be just the 2 of us, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Excellent. The best surprise is no surprise.

Not necessarily. I've been handling all the arrangements for this cruise, my wife has no idea that I'm bidding on a Mini-suite. If I get it I'm not telling her until we board the ship.

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Not necessarily. I've been handling all the arrangements for this cruise, my wife has no idea that I'm bidding on a Mini-suite. If I get it I'm not telling her until we board the ship.

Besides that. 😃

GOOD LUCK!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

That's the way!!  I did that once with my DW...scored mucho points...the look on her face was priceless!! And we had never been in Reserve Class (Club class back then...) before...it was delightful!

I'm rooting for you!!

• Like 2

It is still possible to get a sort of modified "Traditional Dining Reservation" (same table/same time).  It just takes a little more effort to make it happen.  I've done it twice while in an inside and an ocean view.

5 hours ago, Oxo said:

I have to reflect back on the first time a cruise line started implementing a My, Any, whatever time dining other than the old Traditional. So many complained that they would never accept anything other than Traditional Dining. If that cruise line did not offer Traditional Dinning they would not cruise that line again. LOL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oxo said:

It's simply amazing what people will pay for.  

I'm surprised that their still sailing on Princess. 😄

9 hours ago, IndyKid said:
9 hours ago, IndyKid said:

That's the best surprise! I hope you win the bid! I'm doing the same for DH. I'm figuring (how much per day it's worth to have the extra room) X (days on cruise) + ($10 per day for reserve dining.) Remember your bid is placed per person, then doubled.

20 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yep! But after we booked our traveling friends booked as well, but not via the group, and not Reserve so we'll likely be foregoing much of the group activities. Oh well...

Good Morning Rick&Jeannie; Question:  Can you still request the same table (for two) in the MDR Reserve Section?  Since 2003, we're always have done this and have been successful!  Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Pickels said:

Good Morning Rick&Jeannie; Question:  Can you still request the same table (for two) in the MDR Reserve Section?  Since 2003, we're always have done this and have been successful!  Thanks. 

Well, the only time we've done Club Class..yes. we're about to do Reserve Class tomorrow....I expect it will be the same, but the section that is reserved for this is relatively small compared to the overall DR size so it's really not much of a problem.