Azamara Live on Instagram 9/21/23

Mackdogmolly

Join us this Thursday, September 21, at 5:00 p.m. EST for an Instagram Live with our President, Carol Cabezas, and The View Co-host, Ana Navarro! 

During this session they'll discuss Ana's recent experience onboard Azamara Quest and dive into what makes Azamara unique.  #MoreToSea #Azamara

Head over to our Instagram @azamaravoyages to tune in! 

#MoreToSea #Azamara

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Join us this Thursday, September 21, at 5:00 p.m. EST for an Instagram Live with our President, Carol Cabezas, and The View Co-host, Ana Navarro! 

During this session they'll discuss Ana's recent experience onboard Azamara Quest and dive into what makes Azamara unique.  #MoreToSea #Azamara

Head over to our Instagram @azamaravoyages to tune in! 

#MoreToSea #Azamara

Guess I'll have to miss it. I don't do insta and certainly not the view.  What a bunch of hateful women.

Is that now the Azamara target? Wonder if I should cancel my two upcoming bookings; Owners Suite and V1 cabin?  I guess I'm not their preferred customer any longer?

Could that explain the problems they've been having during and after the transition?  They go to insta and the view but not to their customers directly. Didn't they learn anything from Bud Light and Disney? 

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We’re on our first Azamara cruise in two weeks. It hasn’t been pleasant planning with all the website issues. I can’t stand the view. Ana Navarro is a bitter former Republican. I was having a pedicure and they had the view on. I asked the nail tech to change the channel and all the women sitting there were glad when she did. I hope Azamara realizes how foolish it would be to take a political position. This cruise better be fabulous or it will be our last. They have enough issues without turning woke. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

We’re on our first Azamara cruise in two weeks. It hasn’t been pleasant planning with all the website issues. I can’t stand the view. Ana Navarro is a bitter former Republican. I was having a pedicure and they had the view on. I asked the nail tech to change the channel and all the women sitting there were glad when she did. I hope Azamara realizes how foolish it would be to take a political position. This cruise better be fabulous or it will be our last. They have enough issues without turning woke. 

What are the chances Navarro received the whole cruise comped? Which suite category do you suppose they put her in?  An owners suite? Does anyone believe Navarro will say anything negative to Cabezas about her Azamara experience? What a bunch of worthless fluff.

Florida Governor DeSantis told Disney earlier this year, "Go woke, go broke" Maybe that's why  Azamara doesn't have many cruises from FL ports.

• Like 1

Carol Cabezas has not written an email to her customers about the website issues since this Spring!  And now she makes her reintroduction to her customers on Instagram with Anna Navarro?!  And we are all supposed to be excited?! 

How about this, Carol…….. How about your teams reinstates the Loyalty.Newsletter  with some real information to your clients?!

I could care less how Anna Navarro’s cruise went. And by the way, I think she cruised once before on Azamara.  They are going to discuss “what makes Azamara unique”.  What makes Azamara unique right now is the mess that the website is compared to other cruise lines.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 10

20 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Guess I'll have to miss it. I don't do insta and certainly not the view.  What a bunch of hateful women.

Is that now the Azamara target? Wonder if I should cancel my two upcoming bookings; Owners Suite and V1 cabin?  I guess I'm not their preferred customer any longer?

Could that explain the problems they've been having during and after the transition?  They go to insta and the view but not to their customers directly. Didn't they learn anything from Bud Light and Disney? 

If I thought my ideals, my preferred TV shows, and my political leanings had to chime with the CEO, other top brass, or majority of other cruisers of any given cruise line, I guess I’d never cruise! Luckily, I’m not too bothered about all that. I’m much more concerned about the actual experience I receive on board. 😊

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

If I thought my ideals, my preferred TV shows, and my political leanings had to chime with the CEO, other top brass, or majority of other cruisers of any given cruise line, I guess I’d never cruise! Luckily, I’m not too bothered about all that. I’m much more concerned about the actual experience I receive on board. 😊

I suppose those of us who reside outside the USA don’t have a clue who Anna Navarro is or what the View is about so could watch it just in case Carol Cabezas says something that might be of interest, although somehow I doubt that she will.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I suppose those of us who reside outside the USA don’t have a clue who Anna Navarro is or what the View is about so could watch it just in case Carol Cabezas says something that might be of interest, although somehow I doubt that she will.

AFAIK, The View is the American version of Loose Women (or Loose Women is the British version of The View, not sure which one was first!) if that’s any help.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I live in the US and have never seen the show! 

57 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I agree with you. It's just a shame that such a marketing ploy (which it obviously is) is being used at a time when the Azamara back office is in such disarray. Like Riocca I'll watch it just to see what is said and will see what my roll eyes count is!  At least it's not PST so I don't have to stay up too late. Lol 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I had to look up "Anna Navarro" but could only find an "Ana Navarro" who seemed to match your comments. Is that the one? Clearly I've never heard of her. I don't do Insta and so won't be watching anyhow. Azamara seems a shambles and I'm ignoring all offers until there's positive news on here. Such a pity as the itineraries are so tempting.

Ah, I've just seen that Ana Navarro is on "The View" prog. Question answered,

Edited by Wacktle
Update re Ana Navarro

Luckily my schedule means I can’t watch so I’ll be interested to hear from others. Doesn’t sound like it will be anything other than sugar coated fluff. Well that’s what Loose Women is - watched a few times- hated it- and has a reputation for now being so wokey woman chattering not well balanced journalism. 

Azamara needs to get well balanced content aimed at their current customer base out there that recognises the current experience for many otherwise they will be solely relying on the more flighty next generation for their viability. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The next generation will become their target audience shortly, that's how life works. They can't afford not to target them. Many of us have been cruising with Azamara for as long, or nearly as long, as they've been going and we won't be around for ever.

Agree but the trick every business has to achieve is the transition. Not a switch off which is their biggest danger exacerbated by their IT and back office service issues. 

13 hours ago, AllisonJames said:

I would be much more impressed if Carol came on this board and started directly answering our questions. Considering the situation, it’s warranted.

I think having more of a presence on social media, including this forum, but also beyond it would be a great move.

• Like 3

Certainly, the cruise industry has been facing head winds the past three years.  Agreed, it is the responsibility of the CEO to have a future orientation to navigate rough waters and sense when and how to adjust to market pressures.

The major cruise lines all have new ships in the pipeline, both to replace older, outmoded ships and to utilize new technologies to meet customers demands, demands for environmental sustainability and for fresh entertainment.

What can Azamara do to distinguish itself to remain viable?  Commit to new builds and/or major refurbishment of the existing fleet? Announce a major initiative to completely overhaul the deeply and badly flawed software system the company must have to continue to retain loyal passengers and acquire new customers? Perform actions to demonstrate a commitment to elevated onboard service, the thing this cruise company has done well ?  Or, Perform a dog-and-pony show touting how really "kewl" your product has become?

No doubt having a thick skin is a requisite of being the CEO of any company, however, also being tone deaf to your real customers concerns regarding current issues can not be a characteristic of a successful business leader.

• Like 2

Well, Ms Navarro claimed she hadn’t been comped for her (2) Azamara cruises and did have a discussion with Carol about being the only Hispanic CEO in the industry and probably one of the few women. Carol said that 70% of Azamara’s leadership is women. 
She (Ana) really liked the crew (who doesn’t), the itineraries. Carol skirted a question about the age of the ships by answering that that were “refreshed” in 2021 - lol. All in all, pretty much a piece of fluff, as expected.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Well, Ms Navarro claimed she hadn’t been comped for her (2) Azamara cruises and did have a discussion with Carol about being the only Hispanic CEO in the industry and probably one of the few women. Carol said that 70% of Azamara’s leadership is women. 
She (Ana) really liked the crew (who doesn’t), the itineraries. Carol skirted a question about the age of the ships by answering that that were “refreshed” in 2021 - lol. All in all, pretty much a piece of fluff, as expected.

Guess she never heard of all the Celebrity women in charge?

• Like 1