Suite Lounge Adventure OTS compared to Serenade OTS

TJA27

Last year we had an OS on Adventure and thought the lounge was just ok.  It took forever to get drinks, so we rarely utilized that perk.  About the only thing we utilized was the coffee machine.  Fast forward to this year.  We have another OS booked except now on Serenade and from my research on these boards, I believe the Serenade suite lounge has a bar right inside lounge, right?  So can we order mixed drinks and the bar inside lounge will make them?  How about frozen drinks such as strawberry daiquiri?  Or does the bar just mainly stock beer and wine.  How about non-alcoholic drinks such as a milkshake?

Also - I assume coffee machine will be similar to the one in Adventure and have options for latte, etc.

Any reviews or thoughts from anyone who has recently been specifically in the suite lounge on Serenade?  Thanks, all!

51 minutes ago, TJA27 said:

I assume coffee machine will be similar to the one in Adventure and have options for latte,

Correct.

How fast you get a drink can vary, even with a bar in the lounge. You should be able to get any kind of drink, though very unlikely a milk shake.

@orville99 should sail soon and may provide feedback.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TJA27 said:

@Biker19 great info, thank you.  I'll keep an eye out for current feedback from @orville99 and anyone else who has recently been in the Serenade suite lounge.

We won't be back on Serenade until November, and haven't been on her since February and my memory is a bit rusty, so maybe someone who is on her currently can provide more specifics. There is a small bar in the lounge and they also have a small outdoor seating area. Don't do frozen drinks, so can't really answer that question. The suite lounges on that class of ship are our favorite lounges.

• Like 2

Speed of service for the ships w/o an embedded bar varies so much. Is there 1 server or 2? Is there an event next door that slows down the suite lounge server? Can the server fill his own drinks or does he have to wait for a bartender? But, you have the full bar at your disposal.

Despite having an embedded bar, the downside of the Radiance class ships is that you may not get a full bar to pick from.

I've rarely left the suite lounge feeling like I didn't get my fill. But sometimes it takes a couple days for the servers to get in a rhythm.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

Just off 12 nights on the Serenade in an OS. Full bar in the suite lounge, but just a bartender and no server. The lounge was never crowded, although all the seats at the bar were occupied by the same people every evening. If you wanted a frozen drink the bartender went outside of the lounge to the other bar to get those as he didn’t have the equipment to make them, but they were certainly available. Frozen mango daiquiris were very good. Also, Serenade is in great shape for her age. We really enjoyed our OS. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Just off 12 nights on the Serenade in an OS. Full bar in the suite lounge, but just a bartender and no server.

Bummer. When we were on her in February, there was a bartender and a server, and the suite concierge was playing goalie and keeping them in play😇🍹🍺

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Bummer. When we were on her in February, there was a bartender and a server, and the suite concierge was playing goalie and keeping them in play😇🍹🍺

The concierge asked him if he needed help and he kept saying no.  Honestly I think he wanted to keep the tips to himself. 

• Like 2

I just got off the Adventure 2 days ago.  The Suite Lounge is large, lots of seating, and good bar service.  Appetizers were great, also. It reminded me of the Allure and Oasis Suite lounges without the Coastal Kitchen.

On our day at Coco Cay the temperature was 90 with 79% humidity:  SUPER HOT!!  That lounge was the coolest temperature on the ship, because the doors were wide open on the lower deck with people coming and going, and the heat just crawled up the elevator shafts and out on the floors.  

I was blissful up there with the fantastic views in the Suite Lounge. 

Maria, the Concierge, is a sweetheart.

4 hours ago, TJA27 said:

Last year we had an OS on Adventure and thought the lounge was just ok.  It took forever to get drinks, so we rarely utilized that perk.  About the only thing we utilized was the coffee machine.  Fast forward to this year.  We have another OS booked except now on Serenade and from my research on these boards, I believe the Serenade suite lounge has a bar right inside lounge, right?  So can we order mixed drinks and the bar inside lounge will make them?  How about frozen drinks such as strawberry daiquiri?  Or does the bar just mainly stock beer and wine.  How about non-alcoholic drinks such as a milkshake?

Also - I assume coffee machine will be similar to the one in Adventure and have options for latte, etc.

Any reviews or thoughts from anyone who has recently been specifically in the suite lounge on Serenade?  Thanks, all!

Sit at the bar.  Get great service.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I just got off the Adventure 2 days ago.  The Suite Lounge is large, lots of seating, and good bar service.  Appetizers were great, also. It reminded me of the Allure and Oasis Suite lounges without the Coastal Kitchen.

On our day at Coco Cay the temperature was 90 with 79% humidity:  SUPER HOT!!  That lounge was the coolest temperature on the ship, because the doors were wide open on the lower deck with people coming and going, and the heat just crawled up the elevator shafts and out on the floors.  

I was blissful up there with the fantastic views in the Suite Lounge. 

Maria, the Concierge, is a sweetheart.

I was on Adventure in July and the apps were pretty much the same every night. I had never seen such a static menu before. I assume it depends a lot on the hotel director at the time.

OP here.  We decided to cancel our deluxe beverage package because we think we'll be content with the suite lounge.  I understand we can take our drinks to dinner, but can hubby take an extra beer to save for later?  Or is this frowned upon.  Probably my last question....thanks!

54 minutes ago, TJA27 said:

OP here.  We decided to cancel our deluxe beverage package because we think we'll be content with the suite lounge.  I understand we can take our drinks to dinner, but can hubby take an extra beer to save for later?  Or is this frowned upon.  Probably my last question....thanks!

I don’t see why not. We saw people walking out carrying waters, sodas, etc. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TJA27 said:

Does the suite lounge on this class still have limited hours?

Edited by c-leg5

Technically...though now it does not make much difference,  Serenade still has the old "CL" (Concierge Lounge).  The four Radiance class sisters have not changed the name to "Suites Lounge"...as of yet.   The DL (which I assume will now be called the "Crown Lounge") is right across the hallway.  

The CL is a lovely lounge, and if you time it right, can sit at the small half circle bar (our favorite).   Also has a sliding door to an outside seating area that is nice on good weather days.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Only for Concierge Club suite drinks 5-8.  It's open 24 hours on most ships.

24 hours on Adventure and Serenade, which are the ships being discussed?

These are the ships the OP is interested in not Oasis etc.

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

24 hours on Adventure and Serenade, which are the ships being discussed?

These are the ships the OP is interested in not Oasis etc.

????, still has limited hours?  I hesitate to guarantee any ship has 24-hour access.  Many ships turn off the coffee machine.  This is RCI, hahahaha.

6 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

????, still has limited hours?  I hesitate to guarantee any ship has 24-hour access.  Many ships turn off the coffee machine.  This is RCI, hahahaha.

I think we have crossed wires! 

Not really any concern of mine but the @TJA27was trying to determine the merits of buying a beverage package and times may be a deciding factor.

Edited by c-leg5

40 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

They were turning off machines for a while shortly after the restart, but I don't believe that's the case anymore

• Like 1

OP here.  We are fine with the Serenade suite lounge drinks only being offered from 5-8pm, by the way, as long as we can take a few drinks out of the lounge to save for later.  Sounds like we can, so thanks everyone!

By the way, since Serenade has the bar inside the lounge, does it by chance have a small cooler/fridge or ice bucket with beer/pop/water inside that guests can just grab?  Or do you have to get every single drink from the bartender.  I could just wait and find this out for myself, but I can't help wanting to know as many details as possible before we go....   Thx!

5 minutes ago, TJA27 said:

OP here.  We are fine with the Serenade suite lounge drinks only being offered from 5-8pm, by the way, as long as we can take a few drinks out of the lounge to save for later.  Sounds like we can, so thanks everyone!

By the way, since Serenade has the bar inside the lounge, does it by chance have a small cooler/fridge or ice bucket with beer/pop/water inside that guests can just grab?  Or do you have to get every single drink from the bartender.  I could just wait and find this out for myself, but I can't help wanting to know as many details as possible before we go....   Thx!

A few? I would not count on it.

There is no self-serve on any Radiance class ship.

• Like 2

Having sailed at least 25 times on Royal, I must say the old ships like the adventure of the seas, lack the amenities of the newer ships.  The oasis class and newer ships have wonderful suite lounges and decks.  A big difference.  I will not sail on any old Royal ship again.

• Like 1