Trainman

3 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

IMG_3513.jpeg

We just got off Jewel, and no way could you put 4 pork sausage on an english muffin like that anymore. Not sure if it was just Jewel or fleet wise but the sausage now onboard are almost as thick as a hot dog and just a little shorter then a normal size hot dog.

The sausage is just not as tasty as it it used to be, very little fat in the Pork sausage, never tried the chicken sausages they had onboard Jewel.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We just got off Jewel, and no way could you put 4 pork sausage on an english muffin like that anymore. Not sure if it was just Jewel or fleet wise but the sausage now onboard are almost as thick as a hot dog and just a little shorter then a normal size hot dog.

The sausage is just not as tasty as it it used to be, very little fat in the Pork sausage, never tried the chicken sausages they had onboard Jewel.

The type of sausage is entirely dependent on the supplier and what's available to them.  We've seen several different types since restart.

2 hours ago, BND said:

The type of sausage is entirely dependent on the supplier and what's available to them.  We've seen several different types since restart.

Ship just came from Europe, might be left over sausage from over the pond. Where ever it came from it wasn't very good.

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ship just came from Europe, might be left over sausage from over the pond. Where ever it came from it wasn't very good.

That's what happened when we were on Jewel last year.  We were the first cruise after the TA.  The sausage was the larger size.  The hot dogs also weren't American hot dogs, they were some kind of English sausage.  I don't eat them but my DH wasn't thrilled.  There were a few other things that weren't what we've had on cruises out of the US.  Such as, the only C&A amenity water was canned mineral water which we hate and some European canned soda which has some artificial sweeteners to limit the sugar in it which we avoid.  My DH also requested syrup at breakfast and they brought him some weird tasting brown "syrup".  Maple syrup appeared a couple of days later.  We were on a b2b and a few things changed back to what we're used to on the second leg.

• Like 1

I too loved his Live Reports...also followed along to his homestead threads. What energy he had, great dude who is missed. Actually found myself out that way on business so I rented a car to go see the area he was in. Wild times

• Like 1

I remember him. He posted picture intensive reviews before that was a common occurrence. I enjoyed them.

I always found it very concerning that he would eat that way and smoke when he had so many health issues, was advancing in age and was such a big guy. I guess he was happy with his quality of life and it was his life to do what he wanted. RIP.

I had the pleasure of meeting Trainman on Vision and didn’t know of his stature as a favorite reviewer and teller of tales. Then I read his review of that Vision cruise and learned more about him. I was in one of his posted pictures riding the railroad in St Kitts.