New "crown lounge" rule

colesc15

14 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Obviously there’s a ton of food on a ship, but it’s nice to have apps with your drink if you like to have one in the lounge. Besides, who wants to have to forage for food to go along with their drinks. 🙄

Since they have pushed early traditional to 5 pm, and even in CK on Wonder we are boarding on Sunday, seating for dinner starts at 5 pm (when it is not as busy).  We have drinks at 4 pm, dinner at 5...just like we do at home.  

Simply in our case, we don't need foraged food to go with drinks...our dinner IS our foraged food with a bit more choices.  But that is just us...and our personal choice.  For us we are too old to fill up on happy tisers and then try to have an appetite for a full meal.  

Though years ago, when we ate dinner later, indeed the apps were a nice thing to have.  And in those days...the apps were a whole lot more appetizing.  😉 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tatka said:

So they are creating a lounge which they canceled some time ago completely?

I didn't start cruising wih Celebrity till 2021 so I wasn't aware that there use to be a lounge for Elites during HH,  I am now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

And we found it very...very worth it.  😉 

Hardly a comparison of like with like.

There are all sorts of vacations that are more pampered than cruising on a mass cruise line, at a cost. How many people on a river cruise to start with?

The products aren’t even similar other than you are transported on water. The whole scenario is different from food, drink, entertainment, facilities, ambiance, excursions- the list goes on. That’s not to say you may prefer one over the other, or you may enjoy both,  but they are not comparable.

As I recall you encountered your own set of problems so it wasn’t all smooth sailing.

• Like 3

Just now, doghog said:

Then you should be more understanding of my idea.  I disagree with you and I like my idea way better than yours. Your idea is horrible. So basically you’re saying they should continue to eliminate even more of the benefits? What’s the use of having a loyalty program when you’re trying to get people to be loyal to you? When it comes to the DL/CL lounge during HH, Diamonds do deserve the lounge, no matter the time of day.  

Agree, RC should accommodate their top three tier levels.

That’s ok since I totally disagree with your comment that it should be first come first serve. It sucks that they are cutting the benefits, but since they are it makes complete sense that the Diamonds have less than the D+ or Pinnacles. It’s always been that way. The higher up you are the more benefits you get. I never said they should continue to eliminate the benefits, but since they are the lower level doesn’t deserve what the higher level gets. Same with any other loyalty program where they have tiers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, island lady said:

Since they have pushed early traditional to 5 pm, and even in CK on Wonder we are boarding on Sunday, seating for dinner starts at 5 pm (when it is not as busy).  We have drinks at 4 pm, dinner at 5...just like we do at home.  

Simply in our case, we don't need foraged food to go with drinks...our dinner IS our foraged food with a bit more choices.  But that is just us...and our personal choice.  For us we are too old to fill up on happy tisers and then try to have an appetite for a full meal.  

Though years ago, when we ate dinner later, indeed the apps were a nice thing to have.  And in those days...the apps were a whole lot more appetizing.  😉 

I understand if they aren’t for you, but why do you disparage those who want the little hot dogs or whatever they have?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

People never left the damn lounge. 

I remember those days.

Tongue in cheek: perhaps Royal simply needs to eliminate the chairs.  People could stand at bar height tables to eat the snacks and mingle.  No more actual lounging in the lounge😉😉

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s ok since I totally disagree with your comment that it should be first come first serve. It sucks that they are cutting the benefits, but since they are it makes complete sense that the Diamonds have less than the D+ or Pinnacles. It’s always been that way. The higher up you are the more benefits you get. I never said they should continue to eliminate the benefits, but since they are the lower level doesn’t deserve what the higher level gets. Same with any other loyalty program where they have tiers.

I'm glad we disagree. It's always has been first come, first serve. As it should be going forward. Doesn't matter what tier level. It's not like D and D+ are the only ones camping out as you call it. Doesn't deserve! What an arrogant statement! Agree the higher up, the more benefits you get, but we all (D,D+, P) get the same basic benefits. Don't care about other companies loyalty programs.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

FYI, no restrictions on Allure’s 1st cruise from PC that left yesterday. Was nice to be in the only Oasis class CL left with a view while enjoying my HH breaded shrimp before dinner. It wasn’t full at 5:00 but there were a decent number of seats taken.

I'm so happy for you that access was not restricted. From previous posts I know how much you were looking forward to the hors d'oeuvres before dinner. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

I'm so happy for you that access was not restricted. From previous posts I know how much you were looking forward to the hors d'oeuvres before dinner. 

Lol, thanks. It really isn’t that big a deal. I just like pointing out there’s a reason besides drinks & sitting there some of us like going to HH.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Hardly a comparison of like with like.

There are all sorts of vacations that are more pampered than cruising on a mass cruise line, at a cost. How many people on a river cruise to start with?

The products aren’t even similar other than you are transported on water. The whole scenario is different from food, drink, entertainment, facilities, ambiance, excursions- the list goes on. That’s not to say you may prefer one over the other, or you may enjoy both,  but they are not comparable.

As I recall you encountered your own set of problems so it wasn’t all smooth sailing.

Wow...what would I do without you pointing out how my cruising adventure life is progressing...thank you!  🤗

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I understand if they aren’t for you, but why do you disparage those who want the little hot dogs or whatever they have?

I didn't.   My quote you are referring to was actually a joke...followed appropriately by a wink/smile.  Please point out anyone that I put down as enjoying it.  Some of my best friends love it.  And I also pointed out it was a personal choice for us that works for us as we got older.  AND I pointed out I used to enjoy them when we ate later.  

Simply stating the obvious fact that there is no shortage of food on a cruise ship, as evidenced by my mysteriously shrinking clothes.  😳

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, it’s 5:15-5:30 on Allure (yes it’s listed as a range). I believe someone else had the same range on another ship recently. Possibly @PompeySailor.

Ahh...RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.   When we were on Jewel, they pushed it to 5 pm.  And they told us if you were not in your assigned seat by 5:15...they gave away your table.  Seems to change from sailing to sailing...ship to ship.  I think mostly due to MTD diners getting antsy waiting for a table to finish up from first seating. 

We are 5 pm for two weeks starting on Sunday in CK on Wonder.  But that is our choice.  

Hope you are enjoying Allure!!  I am getting anxious to join you out there!  Indy is docked up at T#1 this morning.  Guess she is headed for duty in Miami today.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, doghog said:

I'm glad we disagree. It's always has been first come, first serve. As it should be going forward. Doesn't matter what tier level. It's not like D and D+ are the only ones camping out as you call it. Doesn't deserve! What an arrogant statement! Agree the higher up, the more benefits you get, but we all (D,D+, P) get the same basic benefits. Don't care about other companies loyalty programs.

I know how you feel my friend.  Quite frustrating isn't it?  😉 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I cruise in an interior cabin  (solo), and sometimes I have snacks in the Diamond/Crown Club for dinner…Oh and other nights I eat in the Jammer. 🤪🤪

We used to do that as well.  Too much libation and snacks into the later hours in the lounge, (with a lot of great conversations) put us later into the WJ to be able to just pick and choose as little or as much as we wanted.  Met a lot of interesting crew members in there around 7:30-8 pm.  

For us:  We are too old for us to do that type of dining any longer.  My how things change as you age.  😄 

10 hours ago, frank808 said:

That would be the biggest perk for me when we get there.

Hi Frank!  Sure hope we get to cruise together someday in the future.  Still in Hawaii?  I know you were just on an interesting cruise.  My time again is Sunday on Wonder.  🙂 

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Hi Frank!  Sure hope we get to cruise together someday in the future.  Still in Hawaii?  I know you were just on an interesting cruise.  My time again is Sunday on Wonder.  🙂 

Yes still on Oahu. We just got back on Oct 4 from Alaska followed by TP to Hawaii. Love these long cruises with so many sea days. Met so many fellow cruisers in the DL. This was on Brilliance so took over half the vortex lounge every evening for happy hour. Met many like minded cruisers from all over the world. We had so much fun, that we are booked for the TA on explorer out of Barcelona next year.

This is the best part of the DL. A place where like minded folks go that helps break the ice. I know one thing, that whoever is in lounge, we share the love of cruising(well maybe not  everyone but 95%). No unlimited happy hour drinks but I still went to DL every evening to meet new and old friends. Have not found that kindred spirit on our 10 MSC cruises. Have made a few friends on MSC but not the same.

Hope our cruising paths cross one day and I can finally meet you and bucky in person.  enjoy Viking and Celebrity. A lot of our friends that cruise a lot have gone over to Celebrity. They tell me that the food reminds them of Royal of yesteryear.

• Like 2