Celebrity Edge has Entered Dry Dock

Jim_Iain

Regular 5 year Maintenance and inspection of the major systems and equipment.  During this time they replace worn carpet and soft goods.  It has been reported that they will be adding a bar in the Retreat Lounge like there is on the Apex and Beyond.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I saw that Celebrity Edge has entered dry docks and hope we will get more pictures.

She is in Dry Docks at  Chantier Nval de Marseille Shipyard

image.thumb.png.11ce2b33ff76e92797c5382696996cd3.png

Credits of photo to themaritimepost

image.thumb.png.6945570b3da77abad70207e749731c24.png

Wow! Is that a Present Photo?

Never seen a 6 year old ship look That clean.

Maybe that's a New Build photo?

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes she is getting ready for her grand voyage from Europe  to Australia.  We will, take her half way and then hand her over to you and Iain to take her the final 2 legs.

Joan,   you will be our Anchor - broadcasting live from the newly refurbished Edge.   Can't wait to hear your reports on what was and wasn't done.   I hope some of the ship worker or crew start posting some pictures of the work in progress.  

2 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Changing the menu's.

Don't think they will need a dry dock for that.   Knowing Celebrity they may need it to chisel away the changes and bring back the menus that everyone were complaining about before they gave them menus to really complain about.

OK surely I jest..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

Wow! Is that a Present Photo?

Maybe that's a New Build photo?

Yes... Someone posted it from the Shipyard on Sunday.   I posted a credit to the photographer, as I respect individuals copyright post even if not officially copyrighted. 

The first then they usually do is put the ship on block and then begin the sanding. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes... Someone posted it from the Shipyard on Sunday.   I posted a credit to the photographer, as I respect individuals copyright post even if not officially copyrighted. 

The first then they usually do is put the ship on block and then begin the sanding. 

I should get me Car dry docked if they can make it look that good?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

She does look very clean and that's one of the advantages of always sailing and modern anti-fouling paint they use on the hull. 

Zoom in on the propellers and you'll see some deterioration and decolorization. 

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

Regular 5 year Maintenance and inspection of the major systems and equipment.  During this time they replace worn carpet and soft goods.  It has been reported that they will be adding a bar in the Retreat Lounge like there is on the Apex and Beyond.

The Retreat Hosts on the Apex last month told us about adding the bar in the Retreat Lounge on the edge during this dry docking. I was no aware the Edge did not have a full service bar. The Hosts said this had been planned for some time for the 5 year dry docking after Celebrity realized they made a mistake in the Edge Retreat lounge design that was fixed on subsequent E Class ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The Retreat Hosts on the Apex last month told us about adding the bar in the Retreat Lounge on the edge during this dry docking. I was no aware the Edge did not have a full service bar. The Hosts said this had been planned for some time for the 5 year dry docking after Celebrity realized they made a mistake in the Edge Retreat lounge design that was fixed on subsequent E Class ships.

To me this is great news.  One of my biggest complaints about the Retreat Lounged on the Edge was that there was no bar.  You placed a drink order with the waitstaff and they disappeared and then came back with your drink.  I enjoy sitting at the bar and looking at the selections available and discussing drinks with the bartender. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

She does look very clean and that's one of the advantages of always sailing and modern anti-fouling paint they use on the hull. 

Zoom in on the propellers and you'll see some deterioration and decolorization. 

I understand you're pointing out the paint below the waterline.  Just comment above the waterline I see them paint the hull (I guess it's usually a touchup) all the time when docked in port

ADCreHfI5o0MLr684UPdYNtSEzcECUGRI8VCkEpaG7dxkThpTxYESHU3H_l1t6UfaMrTPopNMz6CBMsZCI5wPmJM9qMf5imCXd3CVu4bvOYCxI6oFCBIzCE9olZvvgFsFmwGEMeDQ1RgyOEs0ho0ybGr_sQklIKcH2eoa1h7VcBPs5aehBzmhOGAQSp8YzJPFaBd9EqvFr4iNGXtJ8gtpyDe8h0DfBDqw_IwkMv3yNJ6ZNQGJa9eR5RLUehhrFHSZZHx2sIRw7ZJNRK1LRoqbUNdPWU7kYZKBJdb5iRGYDvoAZTxR0jI4NpMQ1_XqU9SpuLMa8XXufroB8iY3dvkk5TX7Heqk5NB8-Pc-qZwWfgCwgCgvXUPUJnljfA_EuWMwg-FZl7wO4kUHp36FWJCXddW0qKOaC-VqJwF6YKyLOoh7LDV974f2WDn4yb5SxK7qdMHr2xiSoEosKHKfw-R50EkipaBJIZK5LpkTEN-6RLHBpM59GbMsP8k-KPGYjHnl6GqIJ05tYoDeWj3lMMk6_HIJ8ym-w51iPZsSGMweYYNZQbjy84Ed2iEgzmOUyKL9rdwlXUGuYNOFO-9ocPUebg_qhNRNZCDx1boXC1MAfkRHLTA0ogyPBqOlDWYty6W7BFKSJdgCw1lKeBwsomeLx5TkOL2LDQmaUNFFsAKVbP8bIjeYdzpPhRNjt-EnvJ9-th-yCA4NZOYGnGQbFr9TduRTcDM591LyQXJT3DvNmZzgp3Y7NTBeSHoicjGUl3vGH6329Vb7WB9a9Jshos_7Ij0ACUKd5Vrdffw65fALqRc0hET6IyumADWrA8sXiHO1_iSXa7wdGNVcZaFJHMnvqevzJ7uPhM-VAAN98Q29MaJTh_3DMZilJ_SyLvOSC_cCyZZ0dD63koVgcSYzky96vYbPl5XNFM=w759-h1013-s-no?authuser=0

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Yea.. they originally had a bar in a room behind the hot/cold station and would mix your drinks there.   They originally left out wine in a wine / beer refrigerator for self service but understand they had to eliminate because of you Tweens sneaking in and drinking.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 4:32 AM, jelayne said:

Have to descale it so it can travel Newzealand waters

See you aboard we are on the Singapore to Sydney and Sydney December 9 also.

I'm searching daily and so far haven't found any more mention or pictures of dry dock.   Usually the crew, dock workers or captain post some pictures.

Another find - 

She’s here for a 2 week drydock as she prepares to depart on 30 Oct 2023 from Rome, Italy for her inaugural repositioning cruise to her new homeport of Sydney, Australia via Dubai and Singapore!

Will you be sailing on Celebrity Edge soon? We can’t wait to welcome her into Singapore!

Photo: h.ricardosouza

2023-10-18_8-59-17.jpg

2023-10-18_9-03-30.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 5

On 10/17/2023 at 10:47 AM, DaKahuna said:

To me this is great news.  One of my biggest complaints about the Retreat Lounged on the Edge was that there was no bar.  You placed a drink order with the waitstaff and they disappeared and then came back with your drink.  I enjoy sitting at the bar and looking at the selections available and discussing drinks with the bartender. 

If the bar on the Edge is like the Apex and Beyond there is no seating, just a walk up to place a order.

• Like 3