🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

7:30 - Sitting in the Alaska Lounge at SeaTac with a half hour before boarding.  The first “should I or shouldn’t I?” of the trip 🤣

IMG_4370.thumb.jpeg.88c16d68519e36377ec622e610b4eac5.jpeg

IMG_4370.jpeg

In this context, there is no "Shouldn't I" on a trip. The correct answer is "Should I".  Always.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cruisin73 said:

We are planning on taking the water taxi when we are down in FLL in a few weeks for symphony cruise. How long is the round trip?  

We are also planning on eating at the Boatyard.  Can't wait to see how you liked it. 

We are still on it’s been over an hour. We started at stop 1 we are at stop 9 now. Great to see the amazing houses and yachts.

We are eating tonight at the Boathouse. I think Deb and Andy are eating at the Boatyard. I’ve heard great things about both.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are still on it’s been over an hour. We started at stop 1 we are at stop 9 now. Great to see the amazing houses and yachts.

we are eating tonight at the Boathouse. I think Deb and Andy are eating at the Boatyard. I’ve heard great things about both.

oops sorry about that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I spy Knob Creek. It’s always 5 o’clock somewhere.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Better have one or 2 it's a long flight............

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Is it a direct flight?😉

Yes, 5ish hours

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Husky1987You definitely should!

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

In this context, there is no "Shouldn't I" on a trip. The correct answer is "Should I".  Always.

Everyone is correct!  Love this about Alaska. This actually isn’t bad at all for an Old Fashioned in a can.  It’s actually after noon in FLL and I’m not drinking alone so it’s all good.

IMG_4372.thumb.jpeg.7ea0186b0d40534b1b1c19f664b1aa4a.jpeg

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 13

15 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Yes, 5ish hours

Wow, so thankful I saw this.  We are booked to cruise out of Seattle in June.   After seeing your direct flight I found a direct flight out of st Louis taking 4.5 hours on Alaska airlines!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wow, so thankful I saw this.  We are booked to cruise out of Seattle in June.   After seeing your direct flight I found a direct flight out of st Louis taking 4.5 hours on Alaska airlines!

We used go to to STL a couple times every year when our daughter was going to school in Carbondale.  I really love Alaska from Seattle even more now that they go most places direct.  May not be the most convenient times (e.g. flights from FLL after our cruise next Saturday are at 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM), but I’ll take later direct flights over layovers whenever I can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Fort Lauderdale Boat Show Set Up.

IMG_2529.thumb.jpeg.c93ba768ca20c28316209178236d0a8a.jpeg

Here is a video in real time (no music) of boats arriving for the FLL Boat Show. Over 100,000 people will attend the largest boat show.

Growing up, we always had a boat.  Many summers spent on Hood Canal and in the San Juan Islands. My dad used to take my brother and I to the Seattle Boat Show every year…good memories.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Will be interested to see if you get the dreaded “No D’s in the Crown lounge for HH” letter.   I see they had that for the Jewel sailing today.

Pretty sure they will just means use your Diamond 4 drink coupons at any bar on the ship during the day/night anytime you want. Not a biggie. Can get a little stuffy in those lounges.😉

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Will be interested to see if you get the dreaded “No D’s in the Crown lounge for HH” letter.   I see they had that for the Jewel sailing today.

I have not gotten that email so I will assume that we are good. Stay tuned.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We loved the Boatyard and the Renaissance Hotel too. Todd's was Black Label, he never stears from Johnny I of course had a delish Mojito!

DSCN0893.JPG

I'm so happy to hear this.  We will be staying at the Renaissance hotel for the first time.  So happy you loved it.  Plan to go to Boatyard for dinner since it is in walking distance.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I believe it might be a letter in the cabin,not an email to you.

I do know this is a full sailing so I wouldn’t be surprised if I get one. I just hope not. Bottom line if I go at 4:30pm will they kick me out at 5pm?  I doubt it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Monk86 said:

How much was your drinks package out of interest!? Sailing on Adventure out of Orlando in Mar... Just wondering what ye got it at!? 

Enjoy the cruise

As high as $101pp/pd and bought several times at prices of $79.99pp/pd, $75.99pp/pd, $70.99pp/pd and finally at $65.99pp/pd on September 28th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have not gotten that email so I will assume that we are good. Stay tuned.

It wasn’t an email.  It was a letter in their cabin.  They sailed today. Fingers crossed it won’t be done on your sailing.  

• Like 1