Silhouette vs Reflection vs Equinox

denuzzo

Has anyone been on all three of these ships recently that could offer any comparisons?  We were on Equinox last month (loved it) and currently booked on Reflection for November. Trying to chose a ship for next year.  Thanks!

I’ve been on all three. Reflection twice, equinox twice, silhouette once. I lean toward silhouette and reflection for the additional dining venues (Lawn Club and the Porch). But ultimately, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them so recommend you pick the ship that offers the most interesting itinerary. 

Hi denuzzo.  My experiences on these three ships is not exactly very recent, but will offer my thoughts anyways.  Personally my favourite of these three is the Silhouette, mainly because she underwent the full refurbishment so IMHO looked great and was totally "refreshed" when we sailed her in Feb of 2020 just before the shutdown.  We are booked on the Silly again in April 2024.  Love the Lawn Club Grill for dinner!

Sailed the Equinox in June of this year and due to the crane accident during her dry dock pre-pandemic she did not undergo the full updating.  The public areas were nice; our cabin on Deck 8 was not updated and thus somewhat tired looking with the old red/gold colour scheme.  It has been probably close to a decade since I have been on the Reflection so cannot offer any real insight about this ship at all except that I do not think she has been updated yet.  Love the "S" class ships.  Have a great cruise!

Edited by Reel Love
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’ve been on all three. Reflection twice, equinox twice, silhouette once. I lean toward silhouette and reflection for the additional dining venues (Lawn Club and the Porch). But ultimately, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them so recommend you pick the ship that offers the most interesting itinerary. 

Agree. The only thing I would add is if you are travelling in a suite then there is no suite deck on Reflection, a basic one on Equinox (one level no water feature) and a much nicer one on Silhouette (two levels, jacuzzi, very nice seating and bar area). 

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

been on all 3..but yrs ago.

we liked Ref the least due to the layout and the Miami DJ  vibe..back then.

On Ref Spa and Solarium were on diff levels making it  a pain to go back and forth but the  thermal suite was nice.

We did not like the large circular bar aft .It  cut  the aft area in half..hard to enjoy music out there for that reason and many loud bar stool hogs. Very crowded area in general with all the extra lounging  seats.

The itin would be the best way to pick.  But as mentioned only 2 have Lawn Club Grill and Porch. We are booked on Silho for a short cruise..reviews have been good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

👍 👍 Right on!

While all three ships are great, I agree the Silhouette and Reflection are the best as you have the Porch and Lawn Club Grill as options.  I actually like the Silhouette more then the Reflection as the sky lounge is larger and less passengers.

However, non compare to our recent Apex cruise- The E class are the best.

• Thanks 1

You do get the hot glass class only on Equinox (of the 3). We’ve been on Reflection & Equinox many times (most recently on Reflection). I too prefer the Sunset Bar area on Equinox. We go on Silhouette in Feb. love The Porch & Lawn Club Grill 

Equinox is getting a dry dock in April, '24. I agree that the specialty restaurants are now way over priced for what you get, so those mean nothing to us. I too prefer the Sunset bar on Equinox over Reflection. Reflection's Sky lounge is about 2/3 the size of Equinox and Silly.

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

You do get the hot glass class only on Equinox…

Heard that the Corning Glass exhibit would be in operation until the end of the current contract. May then give way to the Lawn Club Grill or some other revenue producing endeavour…

We have cruised all of the Solstice class ships and dislike the Reflection because of the larger number of passengers and the destruction of much of the forward observation lounge.

If you have the right cabin and don't go to the lounge, any one of the ships will provide the Celebrity experience.

5 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

Heard that the Corning Glass exhibit would be in operation until the end of the current contract. May then give way to the Lawn Club Grill or some other revenue producing endeavour…

Hasn’t been Corning glass for a long time. Hollywood Hot Glass & you make your own souvenir