Reduction in drinks package

Irish clare

1 hour ago, peterde said:

My upgrade price for my December 23 cruise held at 18.99 for the entire year. It finally dropped down to 13.99 today. I call CC to cancel and reorder and asked about the CC 10% discount. He said it wasn’t available. I didn’t think it was a sale as it now said onboard price is 15.00 and 5% off made it 13.99, but he said the CC discount wasn’t available. 15.00 is much more inline with the difference between classic and premium packages anyway. 

IMG_2093.jpeg

Yeah this is interesting.  I wonder if things will change in the coming days because it definitely looks like they just lowered the base daily rate of the upgrade.  So the Elite discount % should be off the $15.  

In the meantime I just canceled and re-booked at this lower $13.99 rate for 3 of my cruises.  It's cheaper than the old rate with the Elite discount.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jag82177 said:

Is it possible/easy to cancel a previously purchased premium upgrade? I had paid $20/day so would like to get the new price if possible 

Yes very easy.  Go into your cruise planner, click on the icon in the top right, then click on Order History, and find the order.  Then click to cancel it.  Then go and re-book it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

My guess is they are testing the waters to see if they can get more people to upgrade at this cheaper price.

This.  New price for now.  I think that upgrades were soft at the old price.  If people pay the difference per drink (do not upgrade),  then it is extra work for their staff.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yeah this is interesting.  I wonder if things will change in the coming days because it definitely looks like they just lowered the base daily rate of the upgrade.  So the Elite discount % should be off the $15.  

In the meantime I just canceled and re-booked at this lower $13.99 rate for 3 of my cruises.  It's cheaper than the old rate with the Elite discount.

Does anyone know what is the Elite+ discount currently on a pre-cruise upgrade to premium?  It used to be 15% but just read on the Celebrity website that it’s 10%. Did they announce a reduction?  

Edited by Islander500

2 hours ago, JLMcruise said:

My November 30th cruise is showing 18.99 to upgrade from classic to premium. Would love the lower price.

Our November cruise is also still showing the higher rate. Our March cruise is £14.07 so we’ll upgrade for that one. 

13 hours ago, peterde said:

My upgrade price for my December 23 cruise held at 18.99 for the entire year. It finally dropped down to 13.99 today. I call CC to cancel and reorder and asked about the CC 10% discount. He said it wasn’t available. I didn’t think it was a sale as it now said onboard price is 15.00 and 5% off made it 13.99, but he said the CC discount wasn’t available. 15.00 is much more inline with the difference between classic and premium packages anyway. 

IMG_2093.jpeg

I just had the same conversation about the CC discount. They would not apply it to the reduced price, not even to the "undiscounted" price of $15 pp/pd. They quoted me the same $400.80 including 20% gratuity with a 15% CC discount that I had originally had and cancelled to get the lower price. I just booked the upgrade directly in the cruise planner for $335.60 including grat but without the CC discount. It's still cheaper than what they wanted to charge me including the discount. Go figure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, booklady26 said:

I just had the same conversation about the CC discount. They would not apply it to the reduced price, not even to the "undiscounted" price of $15 pp/pd. They quoted me the same $400.80 including 20% gratuity with a 15% CC discount that I had originally had and cancelled to get the lower price. I just booked the upgrade directly in the cruise planner for $335.60 including grat but without the CC discount. It's still cheaper than what they wanted to charge me including the discount. Go figure.

Thanks for this.  I’m in exact same situation.  Cancelled my $400.80 upgrade and will call today to get my CC discount.  Will report back.  

• Like 1

The RC and Celebrity websites are not working for me today.  I was able to score the $13.99 drink package upgrade via the app this morning.  Even with my Elite 15% discount on my July 4th purchase, I'm still saving approximately $60....thank you!