Diamond (Crown Lounge) Access

Just now, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Just received an email from one of my clients very frustrated that as a Diamond, he was totally LOCKED out of Diamond Lounge on just completed Jewel sail, Cape Liberty to Quebec City..

Theres quite a few threads on this. It depends on how many high pinns and d+ there are, bumping out d ONLY during 5 to 8. Are you sure totally locked out or during happy hour? I would want to see the letter as others were locked out during 5 to 8 pm only.

Even the blog has a article about this. Been discussed and re discussed... can you provide the letter.

1 hour ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

My client on Jewel is a close friend and neighbor, they were LOCKED OUT, no access the entire cruise per his email to me…his friend and TA,,

I wasnt questioning he said that to you, just it seems odd only your friend was totally locked out. Every other report said from 5 to 8 pm. Yes I'm aware you are a TA. 

Rcl responded to this and they also mentioned from 5 to 8 pm. 

20231031_105926.jpg

• Like 4

I'm currently on the Vision.  Haven't been locked out but the D lounge has been very crowded basically any time there is food.  I tried going during these times 3x and gave up.  I truthfully would not be surprised if they started the lock out on the next cruise.  If so, I expect to be given a coffee card for each day as that is the only reason I now go there.  

• Like 3

Just now, Billy Baltic said:

If they did that a lot of people would never need access to the crown lounge. 

If they close off access, they should make it easier for the coffee drinkers as we just grab and go.  Why not have a special line/machine at the coffee places for the lock outs with a special card?  

30 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I'm currently on the Vision.  Haven't been locked out but the D lounge has been very crowded basically any time there is food.  I tried going during these times 3x and gave up.  I truthfully would not be surprised if they started the lock out on the next cruise.  If so, I expect to be given a coffee card for each day as that is the only reason I now go there.  

I did read someone who was diamond and excluded during happy hour getting a free non alcoholic voucher. I couldnt tell if one total or one a day, just saw the voucher she posted. Not a coffee card, but a voucher for any non alcoholic drink.

10 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

If they close off access, they should make it easier for the coffee drinkers as we just grab and go.  Why not have a special line/machine at the coffee places for the lock outs with a special card?  

I’d be delighted with that. Even just add 2 coffees a day to the 4 drink vouchers to be used anytime. 
Coffee and tender tickets are the only thing that brings me in there. 

• Like 2

Just now, Billy Baltic said:

I’d be delighted with that. Even just add 2 coffees a day to the 4 drink vouchers to be used anytime. 
Coffee and tender tickets are the only thing that brings me in there. 

I agree.  I don't get the appeal.  I just get my coffee and go.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

If so, I expect to be given a coffee card for each day as that is the only reason I now go there.  

28 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I agree.  I don't get the appeal.  I just get my coffee and go.  

Agreed!  We were Diamond for the first time in July and loved the coffee machine. (on Quantum)  We had no other reason that we wanted to be in that lounge.  At least don't close the coffee part off.  Otherwise let us order specialty coffee around the ship.

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I did read someone who was diamond and excluded during happy hour getting a free non alcoholic voucher. I couldnt tell if one total or one a day, just saw the voucher she posted. Not a coffee card, but a voucher for any non alcoholic drink.

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

Agreed!  We were Diamond for the first time in July and loved the coffee machine. (on Quantum)  We had no other reason that we wanted to be in that lounge.  At least don't close that off.  Otherwise let us order specialty coffee around the ship.

The non alcoholic drink voucher was good for coffee or anything else without alcohol. 

• Thanks 1

I personally like grabbing a quick breakfast in the Lounge after working out.  Would be disappointed if I could not get that on future cruises.

I have been doing many Quantum class cruises recently and I really like those Crown Lounges as opposed to the Oasis class ones. The windows are really nice. 

2 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

My client on Jewel is a close friend and neighbor, they were LOCKED OUT, no access the entire cruise per his email to me…his friend and TA,,

I don’t question that your friend and neighbor sent you an email stating that they were locked out of the lounge the entire cruise.

What I do question, is that of all the tens of thousands of  diamond members on all the 20 + ships  they are the only ones who had no access for the entire cruise.  Something doesn’t add up.  

Quite frankly, if diamond members were fully excluded from the crown lounge, it would be all over this page as well as other social media
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, loman said:

I only went in the morning for a cappuccino and mid afternoon for a double  expresso.

We did go once to see the spread at 5 pm , but that was about it. ( i wouldnt miss that )

I've get traditional 5PM dining times and hardly make it to the HH.  On the August 20 Oasis sail the CL/DL was open from 4:30 - 8 PM.  Also, on the other thread, someone posted that HH was available to Ds from 4:30 - 5 PM and open D+ and Ps during the normal time frame.

Sign on the former DL here on Harmony is indeed changed to Crown Lounge.

SL/CK is just under the threshold for Pinnies.  With 71 on board they are under the magic 75 number, thus are let into SL/CK.   

Ds?   Over 500 on board...tiny little DL in the "bilge" on deck 4.  Assuming perhaps something had to give.  Don't know for sure if they are restricted.   

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sign on the former DL here on Harmony is indeed changed to Crown Lounge.

Changed to Crown Lounge on Oasis also.  I asked the concierge if he knew what happened to the old sign... thought it would be a nice souvenir, but alas, he didn't know.

D's had complete access and the lounge was packed one or two nights.  Just wondering how long RCCL will wait to ban D's completely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Changed to Crown Lounge on Oasis also.  I asked the concierge if he knew what happened to the old sign... thought it would be a nice souvenir, but alas, he didn't know.

D's had complete access and the lounge was packed one or two nights.  Just wondering how long RCCL will wait to ban D's completely.

They shouldn't even though it doesn't effect us! 

I just was on Wonder of the Seas last week and had no problems getting in the Crown lounge from 5-8 pm. and I am just a diamond member. There were never many people in it at any time morning, afternoon, or evening I guess it there wasn't many D+ or Pinnacle members on board.

• Like 1