YC - Inviting Non YC Guests

BoundForSea

Can someone share the current policy for a YC Guest who would like to invite a Non YC Guest into the YC? I ask in the event one of the two reservations we have get upgraded. I’ve heard that on Port Days guests are allowed to visit YC guests on an invitation basis, and on Sea Days not.  There used to be a guest pass available for a day, is this one in the same?

if anyone has the latest info from Meraviglia specifically, I’d appreciate it. 

This info will dictate how and if we attempt an upgrade bid. It’s not at all to game the system, just putting that out there for those who may believe that’s the intention. 

I'm not sure if what you are hearing is correct.  Some time ago, certain YC directors may have allowed (at their discretion or occupancy level) some limited level of visitation into the YC, most always for a fee. Since the restart after COVID, I have not heard of any sort of visitation, regardless of whether it is a Sea or Port Day.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

On Norwegian, you can, once per cruise, invite guests to join you to dine in the Haven restaurant with you for a fee. Guests are not allowed anywhere else in the complex apart from your stateroom. I haven't heard of YC offering anything similar (officially that is).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

On Norwegian, you can, once per cruise, invite guests to join you to dine in the Haven restaurant with you for a fee

That's usually the case. The concierge does have the ability to deny the request especially if the Haven is fully booked and/or if the restaurant is overwhelmed. 

14 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

I haven't heard of YC offering anything similar (officially that is).

There was an option to pay for a day pass but that option may no longer be available. 

56 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

This info will dictate how and if we attempt an upgrade bid. It’s not at all to game the system, just putting that out there for those who may believe that’s the intention.

Before this thread devolves into the usual "Yacht Club/Haven/The Retreat access for others who aren't...." thread, my suggestion is that if Yacht Club access is important, everyone should pay outright for it.

Don't hope to get upgraded.

Don't hope to win a bid.

Don't try to sneak in or have others sneak in.

Don't hope to buy a day pass. 

If possible, just book/pay upgrade everyone to guarantee Yacht Club access. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I have not heard of any sort of visitation, regardless of whether it is a Sea or Port Day.

It was mentioned in Jamie's current live thread.  One of her friends was supposed to be allowed to visit other friends in Yacht Club for lunch.  It didn't happen,  reportedly due to change from port day to sea day.

7 minutes ago, Boschmann said:

It was mentioned in Jamie's current live thread.  One of her friends was supposed to be allowed to visit other friends in Yacht Club for lunch.  It didn't happen,  reportedly due to change from port day to sea day.

Yes, and I wondered if she had permission to do so, or if the friend just assumed she could invite a guest.  EM

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

My understanding from a recent Divina cruise is that there are no longer any 'day pass' options and officially no way to invite a guest.

That answers it then. It’s changed over the years and was looking for the latest policy, in that case we will either book it or not bid at all. 

Thanks for the policy updates. 

18 minutes ago, Boschmann said:

I read the same post, but interpreted it differently.  What I saw was, "Ray was going to meet one of her YC friends at the YC restaurant. Cheree and I decided to do sushi."

Didn't see a reference to was 'supposed to be allowed," only had planned to visit. Perhaps the friend had arranged it, but I am thinking her friend thought it could be done. At any rate, she would not have had lunch in the YC dining room. It is not open on Ocean Cay days for lunch.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

It was a sea day so it was open, they dropped Ocean Cay due to weather.

It ended up being a sea day, but the lunch was planned for what was then a scheduled stop.  The woman reported that she couldn't go in to the YC because it became a Sea Day after all.  Again, my point is valid on the plan:  she could not have had lunch in the YC on Ocean Cay day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

It ended up being a sea day, but the lunch was planned for what was then a scheduled stop.  The woman reported that she couldn't go in to the YC because it became a Sea Day after all.  Again, my point is valid on the plan:  she could not have had lunch in the YC on Ocean Cay day!

Fair point, I had assumed they were planning to meet for lunch onshore but you could still be right of course.

My interpretation of "whereas on a port day, it is emptier and guests are welcome" made me feel it was prearranged through the proper channels.   I did wonder since I knew the Yacht Club dining room would have been closed but I figured it was being allowed since they would eat at the pool grill.

36 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Fair point, I had assumed they were planning to meet for lunch onshore but you could still be right of course.

Possible I may have been right, but if you ask my DW, that never happens!☺️

If they were planning lunch ashore, I would think no one gets past the guard at the bridge to the YC area! She scrutinizes everyone!

3 hours ago, Boschmann said:

My interpretation of "whereas on a port day, it is emptier and guests are welcome" made me feel it was prearranged through the proper channels.   I did wonder since I knew the Yacht Club dining room would have been closed but I figured it was being allowed since they would eat at the pool grill.

My interpretation included the whole sentence that was written, which suggests supposition not fact (my emphasis added), and the reference was to the restaurant, not the pool:  "You have got to think that on a sea day, pretty much every seat in the restaurant is taken for lunch, whereas on a port day, it is emptier and guests are welcome."

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAGR said:

My interpretation included the whole sentence that was written, which suggests supposition not fact (my emphasis added), and the reference was to the restaurant, not the pool:  "You have got to think that on a sea day, pretty much every seat in the restaurant is taken for lunch, whereas on a port day, it is emptier and guests are welcome."

Ahh, context. I agree that reading the full sentence makes the comment speculative, not prearranged through proper channels.

Our regular table in Le Muse on Divina was within earshot and sight-line of the entrance and we witnessed several occasions where attempts to bring in guests were politely but firmly repulsed at the door, regardless of the occupancy level.

In fact the only exception we saw was a couple who had paid for a 'proposal' package which included dinner in Le Muse as well as the photos and decorations just outside the window of the restaurant on deck. The Maître 'd was talking to us at the time and explained about the 'package' and that they would shortly be coming in to dine.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Our regular table in Le Muse on Divina was within earshot and sight-line of the entrance and we witnessed several occasions where attempts to bring in guests were politely but firmly repulsed at the door, regardless of the occupancy level.

In fact the only exception we saw was a couple who had paid for a 'proposal' package which included dinner in Le Muse as well as the photos and decorations just outside the window of the restaurant on deck. The Maître 'd was talking to us at the time and explained about the 'package' and that they would shortly be coming in to dine.

So the couple had their picture taken by the pool behind Le Muse?  Did it include the option of people changing into swimsuits at pool like we got for free including speedos?

• Haha 2