Capt Club email "something big is coming" Nov 6th

NutsAboutGolf

It's Excel or Xcel - the filing for Vertex is dead. Xcel is the more recent filing that was submitted right before Vertex was scrapped so it's pretty safe bet that it is Xcel. A few online travel agencies already have Xcel loaded into their list of Celebrity ships too. 

Edited by paulh84

7 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

It's Excel or Xcel - the filing for Vertex is dead. Xcel is the more recent filing that was submitted right before Vertex was scrapped so it's pretty safe bet that it is Xcel. 

Interesting.  They did that social media ship name poll, at that time I said if I could bet on the name I'd take Excel/Xcel if for no other reason, its was far more familiar than "Vertex".  Guessing Vertex came about from someone who only used a thesaurus (lol)

17 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

It's Excel or Xcel - the filing for Vertex is dead. Xcel is the more recent filing that was submitted right before Vertex was scrapped so it's pretty safe bet that it is Xcel. A few online travel agencies already have Xcel loaded into their list of Celebrity ships too. 

Not too likely that it would be EXCEL.  Microsoft already uses that name.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ijscheer said:

Not too likely that it would be EXCEL.  Microsoft already uses that name.

There's no conflict there since these are two entirely different goods and services. Microsoft does not wholly own or control all use of the word Excel. You could probably find another company using the same word or brand as any ship name out there such as Xcel Energy. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Maybe X of the Seas since they seem to be going the way of Royal 😃

I've also wondered if it's inevitable that the Royal franchise partnership are coming to X...Mast Grill to be replaced by Johnny Rockets (I'm okay with this) and Cab Al Bacio to be replaced by Starbucks...On RCI, neither are free

5 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Hopefully not. Orlando Strip Mall of the Seas is well covered by the Royal Caribbean fleet. 

Ooh - Orlando Strip Mall of the Seas.  That's a good contender.😁  (yeah - agree, and I wish they would leave some of their changes out)