Black Friday starts the 9th.

9 minutes ago, R & T said:

If I book a Chops lunch do I choose the day now or after I board ?  Thanks

And imo choose sooner rather than later as at these prices times are booking up.

I wanted Jamie's for dec 3 and one time left for day 3 and a few times for boarding day 1 left. I'll be b3b and have a b2b lunch day 1 and day 3 is cheers with a officer which I'm not big on but ..cant see paying for a lunch on days it conflicts with another free lunch. I gave up.

Click on reservations, then names, then the days show, click on a individual day to see what if any times left .. you can just go look, dont pay.

Last evening I canceled the beverage package and rebooked along with the zipline at labadee. Received and email “that didn’t go as planned”. Tried again today and received the same email stating it wasn’t booked. Would I need to call to try and book? 

54 minutes ago, Cloverpk said:

Last evening I canceled the beverage package and rebooked along with the zipline at labadee. Received and email “that didn’t go as planned”. Tried again today and received the same email stating it wasn’t booked. Would I need to call to try and book? 

Try logging out and logging back into the Cruise Planner.  Also, you might want to re-purchase the bev pkg and zipline separately.

Cruise Planner purchases are tedious IMO, as I don't know why they can't just refund the difference from the original purchase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloverpk said:

You received an email? What did it say in the cruise planner? Did you get a confirmation in the planner when you made the purchase?

Edited by cruiseguy1016

1 hour ago, Cloverpk said:

That was happening to me last night. Thought it was on their end….until I remembered my credit card renewed and I had a new CVV number. SMH. 

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You received an email? What did it say in the cruise planner? Did you get a confirmation in the planner when you made the purchase?

The cruise planner said processing, then the purchase disappears. Both times. Booking separately worked though. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Try logging out and logging back into the Cruise Planner.  Also, you might want to re-purchase the bev pkg and zipline separately.

Cruise Planner purchases are tedious IMO, as I don't know why they can't just refund the difference from the original purchase.

Thank you! Purchasing separately it accepted it. 

13 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Internet packages - the savings appear to be for multiple device packages only. My one-device package is the same price as a month ago, but multiple devices are less, and the savings per device goes higher with more devices. My fourth device adds $7 to the total price vs three devices! 

I canceled the four-device package I purchased last month and rebooked it now for a savings of $144 (seven nights).

I had the same experience and couldn't believe it and I mocked booking multiple times to be sure that I did it right.🤣  Same basic per day rate of $20.99, but minor different final pricing for different ships and sail.  However, both produced $14 for the week on a 4th device.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, R & T said:

If I book a Chops lunch do I choose the day now or after I board ?  Thanks

You can't proceed unless you select a time.  I booked Jamie's for Luch on 2 of my family cruises and selected the earliest time available of 12pm.  Now I have to hope that we get an early check-in times.😜

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Every date, various ships I have different lunches all at 40% off .. though some dates booked up. Are you sure you scrolled to the bottom? 

You are correct. I didn’t scroll as I am not interested in lunch, only dinners. But don’t want to cause confusion. Oops. 

We have the 3 night dining and that will be used for Giovanni’s, Chops, and Wonderland. Izumi was booked separately as it has an up charge with 3 night plan. 

With our teen, breakfast and dinner are the meals we have as a family. Mid day on sea days (when we’d book lunch) she’s gone off with friends and the last thing we want to do pull her away for a “forced” lunch. As a typical teen can do, if she’s miserable it can suck the life out of a good time. 

I could always book a lunch just for the two of us, but since I have the 3 night package I feel it could be a little too much. 

• Like 1

Don’t do what I did.  

I waited until evening to talk to the DH about an excursion that was on sale. It went up $15 pp while I waited.  Still saved a little but I should’ve just bought it. So yes prices are changing frequently.  I’m wondering if so many purchased that it then kicks it up?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Don’t do what I did.  

I waited until evening to talk to the DH about an excursion that was on sale. It went up $15 pp while I waited.  Still saved a little but I should’ve just bought it. So yes prices are changing frequently.  I’m wondering if so many purchased that it then kicks it up?

I was planning on rebooking one excursion that had gone down about $30pp over what we paid, now it's not on sale at all and $30pp more than we paid. Should have jumped on it.

Edited by GimmeOcean

3 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’m wondering if so many purchased that it then kicks it up?

Yep, that's the way dynamic pricing works. Fewer sales= lower prices. More sales= higher prices. You can thank Robert Crandall, former Chairman and CEO of American Airlines for it. Although, he called it 'Yield management'.

• Like 1

With dynamic pricing, don't buy unless you can live with the price permanently...by you buying, you've permanently increased the lowest price it will ever be offered (ala airplane seats)...

So, even when sales come, they arrive with a higher price level to start...

I decided to buy nothing for my cruise yesterday.  I'll look again on "real" Black Friday and Cyber Monday...and then if still the same, I'll wait til Christmas/New Years.  If I don't see a price I want for something, I'll keep passing.  If nothing else, it may end up discounted on ship if no one buys...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Don’t do what I did.  

I was booking far out dec 2024. You wouldnt think big demand. 3 tours of nassau all showed 30% off. First I picked by land and sea, clicked, price went to 20% off. Clicked on the cheapest. Price also went to 20% off. Clicked on the in between price stayed 30% off. Booked. It turned out to be the most comprehensive anyway, but no boat ride. Later I saw the other 2 showing 30% off again.

I booked nov 26 excursion at 30% off, then refreshed and price is now 25% off. Another for next may was 25%, I wanted so booked at 25% off. I booked a whole page of confirmation emails, and 2 excursions paid for together. Oops. If I wanted to cancel 1 of the 2 can I just cancel 1?

I was on a lunch and excursion booking spree. I love black friday sales. Been waiting to pounce on excursions. 

Nice, I grabbed the CocoCay Waterpark for 50% off. Still outrageous but better than $200 pp. My kids are super excited about it so I don't have much option lol. 

Also for some reason when I tried to book on my phone I got an error email - "Well that didn't go as planned". Received a confirmation after booking on the computer so I should be all set.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Internet packages - the savings appear to be for multiple device packages only. My one-device package is the same price as a month ago, but multiple devices are less, and the savings per device goes higher with more devices. My fourth device adds $7 to the total price vs three devices! 

I canceled the four-device package I purchased last month and rebooked it now for a savings of $144 (seven nights).

Thank you! That was a sneaky way for them to do it. At first look it doesn't appear to be discounted but when you reprice with 4 devices it comes out way cheaper than when I booked at 30% off. It didn't occur to me to do that until I saw your post. I have a cruise the following week where I had also purchased at 30% off but only two devices and the current sale is actually higher. The drastic reduction only seems to occur when you have 4 devices (although I didn't try pricing 3). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pcur said:

Why would they do that? It is more profitable for them to delay your refund. 

12 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Why would they do that? It is more profitable for them to delay your refund. 

I think it could also be so you can cancel and rebook yourself without calling. They dont want people calling just to refund $1 or more. .. I rebooked lunches I booked during pasta day, down $1 each date, multiple dates. 

I used obc on all purchases so no difference in waiting for a refund. 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think it could also be so you can cancel and rebook yourself without calling. They dont want people calling just to refund $1 or more. .. I rebooked lunches I booked during pasta day, down $1 each date, multiple dates. 

I cancelled Chop's and rebooked at a lower price.  Kept looking for refund to my CC.  So, after 2 weeks, I called Royal to ascertain the status of my refund since other refunds showed up the very next day.  The Agent tells me that it was originally booked with OBCs, and the refund amount was reinstituted as OBC.  Boy was I sheepishly embarrassed.  That is what happens when you make multiple changes to bookings in which part is OBC and part is CC. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I rebooked lunches I booked during pasta day, down $1 each date, multiple dates. 

I re-booked one to save $1 pp. Same deal, OBC, no reason not to. Saved a little more on the others I re-booked.

• Like 1

Mine is weird.   Book chops lunch and shows booked in calendar, royal has two entries one a charge and one a credit, both pending . Btw it's at 16.99.

I go to calendar and go to change day and says oops when I hit manage reservation.

One other question, if boarding is 12:30 is it safe to book 1:30 same day as boarding.m?