Carnival Embarkation Drug Searches

txcruiser1234

15 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Because this thread popped up on my Google feed. I don't have "status" with any particular cruise line, so I look for certain regions I might like to cruise at and then look at individual lines.

I've researched several cruise lines, looked at pros and cons for each, compared prices, etc. It appears that Carnival appeals to a younger, rowdier crowd- drunken brawls, weed smoking, etc. are not my cup of tea. I'll leave it for the millennials and Gen-Xers....

I'm sure each of the generations applauds your generalities about them.

May I know your age ?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

May I know your age ?  

No, it's not relevant. Let's just say I'm old & wise enough to steer clear of Carnival...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

More proof that Google doesn't know everything. 

On a recent cruise, there was a loud mouth drunk bragging that he was banned from Carnival. This was on a Princess cruise. I'm thinking a ban from Carnival should carry over to other cruise lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella, but it doesn't. That must mean Princess has lower standards than Carnival?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

More proof that Google doesn't know everything. 

On a recent cruise, there was a loud mouth drunk bragging that he was banned from Carnival. This was on a Princess cruise. I'm thinking a ban from Carnival should carry over to other cruise lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella, but it doesn't. That must mean Princess has lower standards than Carnival?

Right, because a loudmouth drunk is a very good source of information...🙄

1 minute ago, IndyKid said:

Right, because a loudmouth drunk is a very good source of information...🙄

No. Because a loudmouth drunk is a loudmouth drunk and obnoxious regardless of cruise line. They aren't limited to Carnival.

I live my own life and make decisions based on my personal experiences and not Internet hearsay. With experience comes wisdom, grasshopper.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No. Because a loudmouth drunk is a loudmouth drunk and obnoxious regardless of cruise line. They aren't limited to Carnival.

I live my own life and make decisions based on my personal experiences and not Internet hearsay. With experience comes wisdom, grasshopper.

Agreed, there are a lot of drunks everywhere - I'm sure they get their share on Cunard, Silversea and Regent also. But a lot of people like myself do not have the financial wherewithal to do a lot of cruising, so reading the comments in these forums and perusing the news reports is about the only way to get any feel for what's going on. And when I see a particular forum where more than a few people mention they've smelled weed when on a cruise, I tend to believe it. Especially when they actually have K-9s embarked on a cruise.

2 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

May I know your age ?  

Well, looking at the profile picture I figure he is posing with his daughter since she looks to be about 30. But he looks to be about 60...

😇

Edited by icft
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Agreed, there are a lot of drunks everywhere - I'm sure they get their share on Cunard, Silversea and Regent also. But a lot of people like myself do not have the financial wherewithal to do a lot of cruising, so reading the comments in these forums and perusing the news reports is about the only way to get any feel for what's going on. And when I see a particular forum where more than a few people mention they've smelled weed when on a cruise, I tend to believe it. Especially when they actually have K-9s embarked on a cruise.

Obviously the most popular cruise line will have more of everything. 

You don't find it curious that the Carnival forum attracts many people who don't cruise on Carnival, yet find their way here to trash talk the cruise line?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, icft said:

Well, looking at the profile picture I figure he is posing with his daughter since she looks to be about 30. But he looks to be about 60...

😇

Thank You but I don't have a daughter. That's my wife, she's 59  - she'll be flattered to know she looks half her age! And yes, I'm exactly 60 so you win the prize...💩

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Obviously the most popular cruise line will have more of everything. 

You don't find it curious that the Carnival forum attracts many people who don't cruise on Carnival, yet find their way here to trash talk the cruise line?

As I've stated earlier, I came across this thread by accident, I didn't intentionally go to this forum and simply gripe - in fact, as you say, I don't have a horse in this race. I simply became fascinated with the stories of all the shenanigans going on with drug-sniffing dogs, weed fumes permeating the ship, etc. It's just not something you would expect. And yes, I'm older and perhaps a bit straight-laced, I don't even smoke cigarettes, let alone weed. I like a smaller ship, a more relaxed experience and as few kids as possible, which in itself disqualifies Carnival, along with RCI's mega-ships, etc.

9 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

As I've stated earlier, I came across this thread by accident, I didn't intentionally go to this forum and simply gripe - in fact, as you say, I don't have a horse in this race. I simply became fascinated with the stories of all the shenanigans going on with drug-sniffing dogs, weed fumes permeating the ship, etc. It's just not something you would expect. And yes, I'm older and perhaps a bit straight-laced, I don't even smoke cigarettes, let alone weed. I like a smaller ship, a more relaxed experience and as few kids as possible, which in itself disqualifies Carnival, along with RCI's mega-ships, etc.

When it's a slow news day, ship happens. To say there is a lot of embellishment is an understatement.

If you cruise at holiday periods or during the summer, kids are everywhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If you cruise at holiday periods or during the summer, kids are everywhere. 

Which is why we're trying Princess during the lull between Thanksgiving and Christmas, hoping to minimize that. Don't get me wrong, as a parent and grandparent we love the kids, but not on vacation. Down the road when our grandson is older we might bring the whole extended family along.

2 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Hey @IndyKid you might look at HAL - pax mix tends to have fewer children, no mega-ships. Also no elaborate stage productions, but could be a good fit.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

54 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @IndyKid you might look at HAL - pax mix tends to have fewer children, no mega-ships. Also no elaborate stage productions, but could be a good fit.

Thank you, I will definitely keep them in mind if our upcoming Princess cruise isn't to our liking. 

19 hours ago, hard_eight said:

Saw no dogs at the disaster that was the 11/19 Conquest boarding. The free for all must have allowed the drug smugglers to run amok. Smelled pot all over the ship.

I think you make the point for the need.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, IndyKid said:

There is nothing wrong with a smaller more intimate cruise experience, we prefer it also.  All that said, the message is clear from ALL the lines.  The economies make the large mega ships the ONLY way they will be going forward.  One only needs to look at the newest of new, biggest in the entire world RCCL Icon of the Seas to see where it is all leading.

That said, there are other options, on all lines, just most will not be NEW ships.  We have recently  sailed Carnival in Europe and Canada (supposed to be Greenland, but that is another story) on 20 year old Spirit class ships that are 87K tons and 2500 people.  

Of course there are other much smaller options that come with a price, Azamara jumps to mind with 600 passengers.  It is all about options and options are good, although getting smaller on one side of the coin.

• Like 3

didn't smell  weed on my carnival cruise last month-btw i'm pushing 70, did smell it alot yrs ago on princess - most of the passengers were 70+ at the time - and it was totally ignored by the cruise line and the cd more or less joked about it during the debarkation talk (meet up on lido deck night before etc) -have had many opportunities to try it and have always refused politely-not something i'm into -

15 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Sounds like Carnival attracts the stoner crowd, another reason to avoid it...

Carnival is teetering very close to the tipping point where their reputation will be unrecoverable. They have to clamp down with zero tolerance before it's too late.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

There is nothing wrong with a smaller more intimate cruise experience, we prefer it also.  All that said, the message is clear from ALL the lines.  The economies make the large mega ships the ONLY way they will be going forward.  One only needs to look at the newest of new, biggest in the entire world RCCL Icon of the Seas to see where it is all leading.

That said, there are other options, on all lines, just most will not be NEW ships.  We have recently  sailed Carnival in Europe and Canada (supposed to be Greenland, but that is another story) on 20 year old Spirit class ships that are 87K tons and 2500 people.  

Of course there are other much smaller options that come with a price, Azamara jumps to mind with 600 passengers.  It is all about options and options are good, although getting smaller on one side of the coin.

Yeah, I know I'm fighting "progress" so to speak...

8 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Yeah, I know I'm fighting "progress" so to speak...

Perspective is everything.  Cruising is evolving.  These behemoths (RCCL Icon of the seas) cost 2 BILLION dollars. Got to sell a whole bunch of rooms to make that work out.   

7 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Living in the past is only going to get increasingly expensive. Better to enjoy it sooner than later, and if too late, poof. There is a reason Royal cut Azamara loose.

The next Princess ship will be ginormous.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Living in the past is only going to get increasingly expensive. Better to enjoy it sooner than later, and if too late, poof. There is a reason Royal cut Azamara loose.

The next Princess ship will be ginormous.

Have not seen much on it, interested to see it.