Hideaway beach impact on Coco Cay

edrussell

I haven't been there yet, but I've seen some You Tube videos, and the music wasn't loud. The area is large and there are plenty of lounges quite away from the music. The pool is also heated, which I like, and supposedly there is a 2000 person limit .I really don't know about that.

10 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I haven't been there yet, but I've seen some You Tube videos, and the music wasn't loud. The area is large and there are plenty of lounges quite away from the music. The pool is also heated, which I like, and supposedly there is a 2000 person limit .I really don't know about that.

2000 sounds like a lot.

Where did you hear that 'supposed' information ?

26 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

If capacity is actually that high , it should significantly impact crowds on the rest of the island.

....Either that or they'll upgrade the dock for a 3rd ship . :classic_wacko::classic_dry:

Cheers

2 hours ago, edrussell said:

Has anyone that has actually BEEN THERE (not just watched a youtube video) comment on the ability to get out of earshot of the louder music?  

I will report back after my visit there on 2/21. Should be a good feel for a busy week as it's Presidents' Week and Anthem and Liberty are in port together.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Perhaps not everyone wants the one family pool to feel like Spring Break in South Beach each afternoon. 

And the same applies to adults in an adult-only area. Some of us are accustomed to more Serene adult beaches that aren't mad party scenes.

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I will report back after my visit there on 2/21. Should be a good feel for a busy week as it's Presidents' Week and Anthem and Liberty are in port together.

I am going to be there next Monday as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edrussell said:

Has anyone that has actually BEEN THERE (not just watched a youtube video) comment on the ability to get out of earshot of the louder music?  

Hi!  I was there on one of the 3 day inaugural cruises.  It is a huge area and you can for sure get away from the music.  We chose to sit on the beach right behind where it was being played and I did not think it was bad.  It certainly isn't my kind of music but it was not offensive.  

The entire area is very nice.  It is spread out and there are a ton of chairs and umbrellas on the beach and by the pool.  It was much easier to get a drink at one of the bars than on other parts of the island. There was a line at the Snack Shack but it went very quickly.  

That being said, there are so many free places on Coco Cay that are equally as nice.  I'm not sure that it is necessary to spend money to go to this beach.  But...we had a great day there!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiggercat said:

That being said, there are so many free places on Coco Cay that are equally as nice.  I'm not sure that it is necessary to spend money to go to this beach.  But...we had a great day there!!!

Where areas do you recommend that are nice?

Edited by carbon

21 hours ago, edrussell said:

The far end of the beach area (in front of the cabanas' plunge pool) is quieter and removed from the music.  It's to the far left side of the beach when facing the water.

The On the Rocks Bar was also quieter and away from the DJ, but they had a live band playing, so it was a different kind of loud music. Between sets it was quiet, though.

• Thanks 1

I'll be there on the 17th - sailing on Oasis and sharing CC w/ Freedom. Looking forward to trying the new food options there (coconut shrimp & caribbean pizza specifically 🙂).

Since we arrive 2 hours after Freedom, I'm hoping that Hideaway will offer more/better chair options than the ones in other areas that will be snagged by all the Freedom cruisers... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since I started the thread it was the right thing to do to come back and report our experience.  As I had mentioned earlier we had a chance to get it cheaper and didn't, then it came back to 43.99 which we grabbed.  We were onboard Wonder and Odyssey was also at Coco Cay.  We got off the ship about 9:15 and were in Hideaway Beach by about 9:30 (we walked slowly and eventually grabbed the trolly).  There weren't many pool chairs left but we happily grabbed a set of loungers with umbrellas on the beach and near a beach bar.

The second we stepped into that heated pool we knew we made the right choice!  It was heavenly as we knew Oasis Lagoon was cold.  Also the ocean wasn't exactly warm either.  Grabbed some drinks and took in the views along the wall.  We spent most of the day in the pool, but did wander the area and went over to the on the rocks bar and listened to some live music.  

The DJ was definitely playing music and right between the swim up bar and the booth it was loud, but totally bearable for us.  YMMV on that.  There was more variety in food options inside Hideaway beach as well (seafood pizza was a hit for me).  Lots of bar service and plenty of loungers.

It was 100% worth it for us and we will go for about 45 PP or less during the cold weather months.  During the warmer weather Oasis Lagoon will work for us.  To each their own but I think they did a fine job with this area and I hope it stays just as is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Two of our cruises this year call at CocoCay.... 

Freedom of the Seas prices

image.png.150543b0167088df83e099b6a2314668.png

Utopia of the Seas prices 

image.png.cac66ecbe141fe9c657a4da9b47a627a.png

Would expect Utopia to adjust as it gets closer to the cruise date if its not filled up.  When they do adjust, they don't mark it as a big sale, the original cross out price will drop.

Edited by SUgwoz

I was at South Beach today in one of the last beach beds and maybe it was the wind direction, but I could clearly hear the music from Hideaway all day (they back up to each other with only some brush separating them) - so I can only imagine how loud it was there today.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 8:16 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I just checked and the price dropped to $19.99 for my March 3rd Anthem sailing.   

I would like to hear your thoughts if you booked it.

Sometimes the adults are worse than the kids!😆

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 4:47 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I was at South Beach today in one of the last beach beds and maybe it was the wind direction, but I could clearly hear the music from Hideaway all day (they back up to each other with only some brush separating them) - so I can only imagine how loud it was there today.

I wouldn't exactly call 900-plus feet apart as "backing up to each other".

Are you sure it was Hideaway's music you were hearing rather than from some random person on South Beach inconsiderately blasting music from a Bluetooth speaker?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I wouldn't exactly call 900-plus feet apart as "backing up to each other".

Are you sure it was Hideaway's music you were hearing rather than from some random person on South Beach inconsiderately blasting music from a Bluetooth speaker?

It was coming from behind me and I was in Beach Bed 71 which means nothing but brush behind me.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:27 PM, deliver42 said:

I have been there and the music is loud there. We sat in lounge chairs as far away as possible on the beach and you could still hear the music from the pool. The pool being heated is a big plus. We spent a lot of time in the pool because it was heated. 

Initially I thought Hideaway Beach was going to appeal to passengers on Celebrity ships. But it definitely has a party atmosphere there as opposed to a more relaxing atmosphere.  It’s a lot like the adult area on Icon. The Hideaway is a party area and nothing like the Solarium on other RCI ships. 

• Thanks 1