Holiday Decorations

13 minutes ago, Traveler1977 said:

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, does anyone know when Royal Caribbean decorates its ships for the Christmas holiday season? It would be nice to see festive decorations on Freedom for my upcoming cruise. 

Decorations should be going up this weekend. 

I've seen a couple of FB posts where some decorating has already started as of a couple of days ago.  Our experience though is the day after Thanksgiving is when they start.  They mostly work overnight.

Edited by BND

6 hours ago, puerto penasco lady said:

The decorations go up immediately after Thanksgiving.

Not on all ships. They started decorating Anthem on Thanksgiving cruises only since last year. 

We will have Tree Lighting today though!!!

IMG_8043.jpeg

Edited by Tatka

3 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Anyone know when they take th decorations down?  We sail on 1/7/24

Depends on ship. On Grandeur for example we had decorations for Christmas & New Year.

On Anthem they took it down during Christmas cruise and we didn’t have it for New Year because they use space for crowd during NYE celebrations.

12 hours ago, Traveler1977 said:

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, does anyone know when Royal Caribbean decorates its ships for the Christmas holiday season? It would be nice to see festive decorations on Freedom for my upcoming cruise. 

Last year I did an 8 night Thanksgiving cruise on Odyssey. Overnight after thanksgiving day they decorated pretty much the entire ship.

7 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We left Rhapsody this morning without any decorations also.

I felt bad because I met a group of first-time cruisers. Told them how beautiful the ship will look Fri or Sat all decorated, they can take pictures, etc. Glad I didn't see them again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

I felt bad because I met a group of first-time cruisers. Told them how beautiful the ship will look Fri or Sat all decorated, they can take pictures, etc. Glad I didn't see them again.

I was really surprised also.  We cruised last year on 3 different ships starting on Thanksgiving and enjoyed all of the Christmas trees up.  We board the Liberty tomorrow and we are really looking forward to the decorations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I was really surprised also.  We cruised last year on 3 different ships starting on Thanksgiving and enjoyed all of the Christmas trees up.  We board the Liberty tomorrow and we are really looking forward to the decorations.

I am getting on Liberty tomorrow too and hoping the ship will be completely decorated. If not it won’t be a big deal. However, I will be disappointed if Independence isn’t decorated in two weeks, since I booked this cruise mainly for the decorations (plus all the other fun stuff associated with cruising) since I am not doing a Christmas cruise this year like I did the past two years. 

• Like 1