Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Please note that most of these TikTokers are NOT on the cruise.  They are just trying to stir up trouble to get clicks and monetize their sites.

Yeah that is what I figured as much also.  😑  Bunch of drama queens looking for attention.  Once again makes me appreciate Cruise Critic.  It is in the "safe" mode.  😉 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if many of the mini segments begin to fill the ship and between that and all the publicity, you never know, they may do another. 

Personally I would like to see a version of the 4 segments around 40 or so days. 

we have 2 minis booked next June and we’re very excited to be a small part of the group. 

It worked for me making it into two different 63 night cruises.  😉   These last 3 weeks have flown by.  😮   

Can't believe it is already one third into it now.  But the best part of the rest of this quarter for me......is the best coming up.  🥰

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I am sure they will keep it interesting.  While I am not on the whole 9 months, we are on for half.  Would be too redundant to show the same shows over and over again for most.  Headliners simply fly into a port to join the ship, then fly back out again at another port.  

For us...IMHO the "Gold Duo" were the best.  Wow.  

We are pretty much doing every show, every night.  Works very well for us with early dining, as they have the shows at 6:30 or 7 pm.  Used to be tough for me to wait until 8 pm for shows on other ships.  

Couple Decades ago Late Show was at 1045, Early at 845. Getting to point I like the 630-7 now. Royal does lot of combined shows in between early/late, feel for those miss it having My Time then

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, like the "revolving" bar in the VCL.  I think RCI has simply given up on those "unique" features.  

They are probably (🤣) saving all the money from increased prices and decreased tier level perks and will make the necessary repairs(at their discretion) at a later undisclosed date. 🙄

How's your day going? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Couple Decades ago Late Show was at 1045, Early at 845. Getting to point I like the 630-7 now. Royal does lot of combined shows in between early/late, feel for those miss it having My Time then

We have a "Local Cooking Experience" tour in Buenos Aires.  I thought it had read 7:15 am...but looking at our tickets...it's 7:15 PM.  Oh boy...will need some espresso martinis before we go.  😬

They do eat dinner very late (compared to us) in South America.  10-11 pm dinner is not uncommon for them.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, doghog said:

They are probably (🤣) saving all the money from increased prices and decreased tier level perks and will make the necessary repairs(at their discretion) at a later undisclosed date. 🙄

How's your day going? 

Yup...agree...it's a cash cow for them.  🤑🐮   Old ship, lots of things they did not bother to fix.  

Lazy day today, enjoying some of the books I brought along.  Happy we are enjoying calm seas and plenty of sunshine. 

Another new show to check out tonight, and the menu in the MDR does not look too bad.  Yeah...eat, drink, eat, drink...repeat.  😉 

image.png.d23e3cc22ac6f01ebb3f86247800be69.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup...agree...it's a cash cow for them.  🤑🐮   Old ship, lots of things they did not bother to fix.  

Lazy day today, enjoying some of the books I brought along.  Happy we are enjoying calm seas and plenty of sunshine. 

Another new show to check out tonight, and the menu in the MDR does not look too bad.  Yeah...eat, drink, eat, drink...repeat.  😉 

image.png.d23e3cc22ac6f01ebb3f86247800be69.png

Life is good on a cruise ship. Enjoy. 🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vibe said:

I can't bring myself to watch it again but did the woman in the first one claim the pinnacles ( or was it the whole cruise crowd?)  were given an opportunity to see the northern lights that everyone else was denied?  In the carribean?  Close to the equator?  On the SAME ship? What am I missing?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, island lady said:

It worked for me making it into two different 63 night cruises.  😉   These last 3 weeks have flown by.  😮   

Can't believe it is already one third into it now.  But the best part of the rest of this quarter for me......is the best coming up.  🥰

I could do that but I’ve just gotten Bob to do 27….i have to gradually add days 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I think the 3rd segment is also interesting as ship goes into the Black Sea to get to countries that most people do on bus tours.  Hoping no issues with Suez canal in May.  Boy if they had to skip, that would be a big change.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

I can't bring myself to watch it again but did the woman in the first one claim the pinnacles ( or was it the whole cruise crowd?)  were given an opportunity to see the northern lights that everyone else was denied?  In the carribean?  Close to the equator?  On the SAME ship? What am I missing?

Yes. I was quite confused by that.  How did they seem them from Brazil?!

10 hours ago, island lady said:

I am sure they will keep it interesting.  While I am not on the whole 9 months, we are on for half.  Would be too redundant to show the same shows over and over again for most.  Headliners simply fly into a port to join the ship, then fly back out again at another port.  

For us...IMHO the "Gold Duo" were the best.  Wow.  

We are pretty much doing every show, every night.  Works very well for us with early dining, as they have the shows at 6:30 or 7 pm.  Used to be tough for me to wait until 8 pm for shows on other ships.  

I read on another blog but never found it again that crew and passengers formed a choir and were going to sing for a Christmas show.   How was that?

6 hours ago, dahirsh said:

I saw that same girls comments 2 or 3 weeks ago and she had no clue what she was talking about.  Which is exactly why I avoid sites such as hers.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I could do that but I’ve just gotten Bob to do 27….i have to gradually add days 😇

Yeah, I am lucky.  Bucky is the one pushing me to book more cruises.  😄  We did the Med B2B and then the TA last year on Wonder.  48 days...just flew by.  This will as well.  

We are used to being gone from home for longer stints though, with spending the summers in Maine.  Just not months on a ship...but we like it so far.  😉 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think the 3rd segment is also interesting as ship goes into the Black Sea to get to countries that most people do on bus tours.  Hoping no issues with Suez canal in May.  Boy if they had to skip, that would be a big change.

We were just back from Viking eastern European river cruise for 3 weeks (Bucharest to Amsterdam) starting out on the Danube just above where it dumps into the Blacks Sea before we left for this cruise.  Though we didn't do the Suez...and I don't want to.  

14 hours ago, dahirsh said:

OMG....you can't see the northern lights in Antarctica...or most especially at the equator.  Yeah, figured that was the the size of the IQ of those video posters.  🤡

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I read on another blog but never found it again that crew and passengers formed a choir and were going to sing for a Christmas show.   How was that?

Didn't go to see that.  But they were advertising it pretty well.  

Show last night was cute.  Steel drum band and 3 dancer ladies in full huge feather headdresses.  The ladies went into the crowd and pulled audience members up onto the stage and later dancing on the stairways.  The kind of band and dancers you see marching down the street at Carnival.  I should have brought my phone to take pictures since they turned the lights up to do so.  Sorry about that.  

The cutest one was the legally blind lady who could really get the moves on.  She was good!  🙂 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Please note that most of these TikTokers are NOT on the cruise.  They are just trying to stir up trouble to get clicks and monetize their sites.

It appears a media company is planting another Tik Toc creator for leg 2. 

Getting ridiculous 😒 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1