Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Always the best way to experience a new city if you have the chance. During my business travels through Europe, I always tried to build a "free" day into my schedule so my local counterpart and I could tour the city before we were walled up in a conference room somewhere.

BTW, did the MP tour groups get off OK? Hopefully their excursion will go as planned.

Not sure...since our tour left this morning as well...but from what they were planning, and it should have indeed happened...they were still busing them to the airport, flight to Cusco, then check into hotel and plan from there.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Small boat tours to Ballestras Island.  Must be a fleet of 20 of them or so.  Open speed boat, extremely packed in like sardines, and the most uncomfortable full lifejacket (required to wear at all times) I have ever worn.  But getting past that...the ride was surprising smooth, good design to the hull and saw a lot of wildlife.  Boat captain very talented at the helm.  

Passing by our current home, some sights along the way, and then the islands themselves.  I like the "arch within an arch".  

20240128_103920.jpg

20240128_113333.jpg

20240128_113319.jpg

20240128_112518.jpg

20240128_112220.jpg

20240128_112102.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

Small boat tours to Ballestras Island.  Must be a fleet of 20 of them or so.  Open speed boat, extremely packed in like sardines, and the most uncomfortable full lifejacket (required to wear at all times) I have ever worn.  But getting past that...the ride was surprising smooth, good design to the hull and saw a lot of wildlife.  Boat captain very talented at the helm.  

Passing by our current home, some sights along the way, and then the islands themselves.  I like the "arch within an arch".  

20240128_103920.jpg

20240128_113333.jpg

20240128_113319.jpg

20240128_112518.jpg

20240128_112220.jpg

20240128_112102.jpg

Beautiful pictures, Patricia!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Not sure...since our tour left this morning as well...but from what they were planning, and it should have indeed happened...they were still busing them to the airport, flight to Cusco, then check into hotel and plan from there.  

I have friends who are doing the MP trip and posting on facebook.   They are having a great time and posting wonderful photos.   Kevin and Katherine are the couple.   They get off in LA, just in time to fly home to Vegas to go the the Super Bowl the next day, lol.

• Like 1

Can any body tell me what the price range was for this full world cruise? Am assuming they sold all the cabin categories, just like regular cruises? Am really hoping Royal considers this a wonderful success and continues to offer it.

There were only three Ship’s Tours listed for Pisco, and we didn’t want to take any of them enough to pay the price.  We were very lucky as we walked off the ship around 8:45am and jumped on a Private Tour. The first part was a boat ride that took us to the Ballestas Islands for 2 hours and then took us on a tour of Paracas National Reserve.  Both were amazing!  Pat posted most of the same photos of the Islands, but I will post some of the Reserve, which is a huge desert, 70 km by 30 km with beautiful beaches!  We ended our day with a Pisco Sour at a stand on the dock!

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_3258.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Will look that up.  Touring on our own with friends first day, but will research (if there is anything left) tours for 2nd day.  🙂 

Hope you guys join!  We’re really looking forward to it!  Would have cancelled the Ship’s Tour we have booked for Day 1, but it was too late!  At least it’s short and allows time for us on our own!

A few more photos from the Paracas National Reserve!  It’s unique as it’s a desert adjacent to the beach.  The roads are constructed of salt. The ground is a red clay pan with gypsum running through it, covered by sand, shell midden fragments, and small mineral pieces.  There are shell fossils along a pathway and some mummified bodies in an off limits area.  The beaches are gorgeous!  We saw several different sandy beaches, all beautiful!

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3214.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3233.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

A picture of the salt road - you can see the salt deposits on the rock from the desert, and a picture of the gypsum veins running along the surface!  The entire Reserve is protected.

IMG_3179.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3177.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Hope you guys join!  We’re really looking forward to it!  Would have cancelled the Ship’s Tour we have booked for Day 1, but it was too late!  At least it’s short and allows time for us on our own!

I have Haku booked for the second day now in Lima. I did not see your tour listed.  We are being picked up at 8 am at the port entrance.  Market tour and cooking class.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

A few more photos from the Paracas National Reserve!  It’s unique as it’s a desert adjacent to the beach.  The roads are constructed of salt. The ground is a red clay pan with gypsum running through it, covered by sand, shell midden fragments, and small mineral pieces.  There are shell fossils along a pathway and some mummified bodies in an off limits area.  The beaches are gorgeous!  We saw several different sandy beaches, all beautiful!

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3214.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3233.jpeg

Wow...beautiful pictures!!  Thanks for sharing!!  🥰

• Like 1