Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

19 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks...joining the ranks of virtual world cruisers until July, when you get to put up with me again.  😄 

Thanks again Patricia! I almost felt like I was there with you in your amazing travels.

Too bad we’ll be getting off in Barcelona just as you’re getting back on, but we’re certainly more excited now!

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh no...you too?  I knew about big island Hawaii...but not about you getting one.  But I suppose it's all related?   Even back home near Port Canaveral they had a very rare one recently.   

Mother Nature deciding she wants to be "All shook up"?  

Our planet has been getting bombarded over and over by Solar flares and energy this week and that affects everything here, which can cause earthquakes and volcanic activity.….I’m not a scientist, I just play one here and on FB 🤪

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thanks again Patricia! I almost felt like I was there with you in your amazing travels.

Too bad we’ll be getting off in Barcelona just as you’re getting back on, but we’re certainly more excited now!

Our planet has been getting bombarded over and over by Solar flares and energy this week and that affects everything here, which can cause earthquakes and volcanic activity.….I’m not a scientist, I just play one here and on FB 🤪

😄  I don't watch the news when we cruise...oh...am I a poet and didn't know it?  😄  

Did not know about the solar flares.  Very interesting.....thanks!  

• Haha 4

Current position heading to Ensenada.  We don't arrive until 11 am...so will give me some packing time this morning.  A "balmy" 53 degrees outside with some light winds and spitting rain.  Coastal rain blocking the sunrise.  

20240210_094516.jpg

20240210_094551.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Never fun when these things arrive.  😳

20240210_095525.jpg

Look at how many tags you have. :classic_ohmy: Depending on how many are doing just the first segment, there may be lots of luggage coming off that ship. 

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

36 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Look at how many tags you have. :classic_ohmy: Depending on how many are doing just the first segment, there may be lots of luggage coming off that ship. 

I always...always.... put two tags on each bag.  We have one full suitcase each, and two duffle bags that we check, which will slip over the big suitcase handles when we collect them.  Thus...8 tags.  😉 

About 1/3 of us departing tomorrow...approximately 500.  Nothing compared to an Oasis class bail out.  😉 

• Like 9

Coming into Ensenada now...saw a lot of dolphin and whales on the way in.  Sea Lions already making them self known...by sight and barking!  Crappy phone camera not getting a great shot, but the lady Sea Lions were welcoming us in, some on the banks, some on the buoy.  Maybe get a better shot later.  

20240210_131446.jpg

20240210_132310.jpg

20240210_132424.jpg

• Like 12

Tie up time.  Lots of "ork..ork...ork..ork" from the multitude of what looks like a LOT of Sea Lions!  Another one of the better ports that is not a freight yard, no tender, and able to walk to town.  Beautiful weather out with some sun and mid 60s.  Looking forward to exploring.  

Have 3 of 4 bags packed now, so we are ahead of the game.  🙂 

20240210_133714.jpg

20240210_133741.jpg

• Like 11

Hi island lady, just a wee note to say how much I’ve followed following you on your travels. Thanks for the info, updates, pics, everything you’ve posted. 

I’ve only ever been on one cruise before (Allure) but you’ve got me back in the mood for another, so we booked another earlier today.

safe travels when you get off the ship 

• Like 6

Thank you to all of you who have been posting and are now leaving the cruise!  I've enjoyed reading about your experiences and hope you have a safe journey home as well as an easy re-entry to your daily life!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jturks7 said:

Hi island lady, just a wee note to say how much I’ve followed following you on your travels. Thanks for the info, updates, pics, everything you’ve posted. 

I’ve only ever been on one cruise before (Allure) but you’ve got me back in the mood for another, so we booked another earlier today.

safe travels when you get off the ship 

Thanks!  And welcome back to cruising!  Hope you have a fantabulous time on your next cruise!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@CSHS1979 Laura, @island lady Patricia, and everyone leaving the ship and cruise tomorrow.  Safe travels home, you all!  It's been great following you along!✈️

From me too!!  Your pictures, comments made places I've only read about come alive.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories with us.

Looking forward to Chapter 2 when you reboard!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@CSHS1979 Laura, @island lady Patricia, and everyone leaving the ship and cruise tomorrow.  Safe travels home, you all!  It's been great following you along!✈️

Happy to have 3/4 of the packing done...will finish up later tonight.  Went by way too fast!  😮 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

From me too!!  Your pictures, comments made places I've only read about come alive.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories with us.

Looking forward to Chapter 2 when you reboard!

Thanks!  Me too.  Another go round...and will be here before I know it.  🙂 

• Like 3

A couple of "the guys" with their harem of ladies.  Even with the balcony door closed can hear them barking in chorus.  😁   Place for lunch had...yuck...Margaritas in foam glasses.  Lots of hot sauces to choose from...awful Quesadillas, and way over priced.  😛  Interesting blooming cactus on way back. 

20240210_181555.jpg

20240210_153823.jpg

20240210_163951.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Have you heard a estimate of how many will be boarding.

About the same as departing...but a bit less.  Something like a total of 60 some Pinnies versus over a hundred that were on this last quarter.  

• Like 2