Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

A couple of "the guys" with their harem of ladies.  Even with the balcony door closed can hear them barking in chorus.  😁   Place for lunch had...yuck...Margaritas in foam glasses.  Lots of hot sauces to choose from...awful Quesadillas, and way over priced.  😛  Interesting blooming cactus on way back. 

20240210_181555.jpg

I have to ask, how do you know which are male and female?

@island lady...Pat, thanks to you and Bucky for taking us along on your cruise. Enjoyed it very much. You took us to some places we've never been to. Excellent live review with a lot of excellent pictures. You're not a rookie. Have a safe and peaceful trip home. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed after a long trip. Cheers. 🍷🍷

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, island lady said:

A couple of "the guys" with their harem of ladies.  Even with the balcony door closed can hear them barking in chorus.  😁   Place for lunch had...yuck...Margaritas in foam glasses.  Lots of hot sauces to choose from...awful Quesadillas, and way over priced.  😛  Interesting blooming cactus on way back. 

Yuck is right. Bummer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@island lady

Patricia,  thanks for taking the time to start this thread and all the great pics you posted.  Good job.

Please tell Bucky I said hi.  Looking forward to you picking it back up when you get back!

Thanks!  Glad you spent the time to join us!  🙂  I just told him you said hello, and he said "hi" back at 'cha!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

@island lady...Pat, thanks to you and Bucky for taking us along on your cruise. Enjoyed it very much. You took us to some places we've never been to. Excellent live review with a lot of excellent pictures. You're not a rookie. Have a safe and peaceful trip home. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed after a long trip. Cheers. 🍷🍷

Aww...thanks my friend! ☺️

And OMG...yes!!  Peaceful quiet and comfort of our own little corner of the world.  🥰   And looking forward to home cooked meals again.  Bucky most especially looking forward to my homemade pizza.  😉 😋

• Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 12:39 PM, island lady said:

Thanks....Definitely mixed feelings.  Part of me would love to stay on board for another quarter go round, but the other part knows I need to get home to meet with the contractor who is ready to start our laundry room major remodel.  And I want to finish putting everything back in order with the barely finished office remodel that happened just before we left. 

Plus...we have Wonder coming up in two weeks, and our anniversary/my birthday trip to Portland Oregon to stay a a winery guest house for two weeks and then onto the river paddle wheeler for two weeks on the Snake and Columbia river in early June.  Which should be fun and very different  🙂 

What company does the river paddle wheeler on Snake/Columbia R??

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Place for lunch had...yuck...Margaritas in foam glasses.  Lots of hot sauces to choose from...awful Quesadillas, and way over priced.  

We walked to the end of the Boardwalk and had a fantastic lunch at Muelle3.  Small restaurant where locals were eating.  We split Ceviche and Calamari, which was enough for both of us.  The menu was in Spanish and the staff did not really speak English.  Good thing our waitress pointed to a 1/2 order of the Ceviche.  It was huge and delicious!  Also a nice selection of Hot Sauces!

IMG_4008.jpeg

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4010.jpeg

• Like 19

On 2/9/2024 at 5:11 PM, Russ Lomas said:

We said the same thing when we sailed Odyssey in July 2022 after the Covid restart when ships were not sailing at peak capacity (like Icon was not).  We were packed on Odyssey in March, and it was the most crowded ship I have ever been on (spring break).  Let's see how Icon does if they are sailing at full capacity for March Break this year, then we will know for sure.  Back to the Serenade, which we have never been on yet, I keep seeing all these posts about how the ship is about 70% full.  It would be nice when we join in Southampton, but being summer, I will expect it to be close to sold out.

Been on Radiance Class about 60 times with 40+ being Serenade alone. These longer 10+ niters, Carib, Repo's and Panama Canals, Average about 1850 passengers, few families and usually about 10-25 Kids. My type of Cruise

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

What company does the river paddle wheeler on Snake/Columbia R??

American Cruise lines.....we are on American Queen 7 night from Portland to Spokane, then back again.  Not up there in high quality as some lines...but looking forward to the river views and experience.  🙂   All inclusive.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Pretty suitcases!

Thanks!  Tumi brand...will survive a nuclear explosion.  😄   Bought these as a close out, but wanted the wild colors for quick ID on baggage claim.  😁

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@island lady Safe travels home today.

Thank you for your posts and photos  of your cruise journey.

You documented so many places I never thought of visiting.

Hoping some other travelers will post about the continuing cruise adventure.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

You are most welcome.  I enjoyed sharing the experiences.  🙂  

• Thanks 5

Since LAX is 20 miles away through LA traffic...decided to do it the simple way and booked the  RCI transfer.  Just have to claim our bags in the terminal, then find the bus.  Hoping I made the right decision.  

Will post results later.  😉 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

American Cruise lines.....we are on American Queen 7 night from Portland to Spokane, then back again.  Not up there in high quality as some lines...but looking forward to the river views and experience.  🙂   All inclusive.  

Cool looking vessel.   420 ft long

https://www.aqvoyages.com/vessels/american-queen/

Cabins 213

Guest Capacity 417

Crew 172

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3