Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

We witnessed a bit of drama last night when security was called to sort out an argument between 2 men on seats in the theater. The theater was almost empty, maybe less than a quarter full for the late show by the RCl singers. So lots of seats for everyone. Not sure why they were arguing but security sorted it out. Hopefully that is the last “drama” we have on the cruise lol.

• Like 8

I can see the TicTok click bait now. "Huge brawl between Pinnacle Members and steerage passengers over reserved seating in overcrowded show lounge on world cruise.  Massive response from ships security force required to subdue angry passengers!"

• Haha 30

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Well, if anyone finds out if the cabin that had the Alpha call on our last night going into LA is the one that the poor lady died in...let me know.   That Alpha call was for 8592...which is the cabin we are scheduled to be in when we return in Barcelona.  

Adita (one of our friends we spent time with) is a Tic Tock writer.  She knows which cabin.  

Hey can you send me a message, I was trying but it didn’t let me!

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

One of the bloggers is suggesting mutiny. We want to know how the cruiser died on the world cruise. He says .. not me. It's making bloggers headlines anyway. They need those clicks. 

There are deaths on many cruises. Why is this particular one attracting so much interest?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There are deaths on many cruises. Why is this particular one attracting so much interest?

For me, the circumstances capture my imagination. World cruise, once in a lifetime dream-come-true trip, weeks of anticipation, packing, bon voyage, etc. If a sudden event like massive  heart attack, or hopefully peacefully dying in one's sleep, surely (for me) preferable to months/years in a nursing home.... Nasty shock for loved ones back home though. 

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, leeharpoon said:

Hey can you send me a message, I was trying but it didn’t let me!

Hi Adita my friend!  Good to hear from you.  We already miss you guys.  Expected to see you in the CL, until I realized I had to make my own drink for happy hour now!  Where is Augus when you need him?  😄 

As posted...there is no message feature here on CC.  Thanks so much for verifying the info. 

Eeek...I know it is probably no big deal, and I do feel for the poor lady and her family, friends....but feels creepy to think about sleeping in the same bed as the recently deceased.  😳

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well in my case it's personal.  That is the cabin I am scheduled to be in when I rejoin in Barcelona. 😳

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well in my case it's personal.  That is the cabin I am scheduled to be in when I rejoin in Barcelona. 😳

I get your point. I don't understand the general need some have for details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I get your point. I don't understand the general need some have for details.

Since that is my new cabin...yeah, that is the only interest I had in it.  Shouldn't feel that way I suppose, but still kind of creeps me out.  

• Like 3

@island lady Concerning that particular cabin for your cruise-here’s a thought.

If you just were starting that cruise and you hadn’t heard about the death, would you be wary of being in that cabin?

Surely not. 

When going on a cruise or staying in a hotel,there is always a chance that a former occupant has passed away in that cabin/room. No way to know unless you were privy to some information. Usually that is not the case though.

There will be others staying in that cabin before you embark on the ship again.

If I were you , I wouldn’t think about it too much and enjoy the cruise.

Or, perhaps you could call RCCL and ask for a another cabin or an upgrade.

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Since that is my new cabin...yeah, that is the only interest I had in it.  Shouldn't feel that way I suppose, but still kind of creeps me out.  

Why don't you call RCI and change cabins? Seems like with the booking levels of the ship it should be easy to do. Then you can stop thinking about it. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

I’m sure if they were in bed the mattress would be changed out. If there is blood it would be removed.

My guess is there are a number of hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins where deaths have occurred and we never know. We only know this one because of the vloggers who have never cruised and have no idea that people do die on cruises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why don't you call RCI and change cabins? Seems like with the booking levels of the ship it should be easy to do. Then you can stop thinking about it. 

The Northern Europe cruises are nearly sold out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

If you want to send me, all expenses paid for the leg prior to you reboarding, I’d gladly stay in the room to see that it is free of spirits. 😀

• Haha 17

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you want to send me, all expenses paid for the leg prior to you reboarding, I’d gladly stay in the room to see that it is free of spirits. 😀

You could perform an exorcism. 

gettyimages-607435700-612x612.jpg.b9d06e6276318cb75d2078c8324b2dae.jpg

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@island lady Concerning that particular cabin for your cruise-here’s a thought.

If you just were starting that cruise and you hadn’t heard about the death, would you be wary of being in that cabin?

Surely not. 

When going on a cruise or staying in a hotel,there is always a chance that a former occupant has passed away in that cabin/room. No way to know unless you were privy to some information. Usually that is not the case though.

There will be others staying in that cabin before you embark on the ship again.

If I were you , I wouldn’t think about it too much and enjoy the cruise.

Or, perhaps you could call RCCL and ask for a another cabin or an upgrade.

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

As they say "a little knowledge is dangerous".....or you could say..."ignorance is bliss".  In this case unfortunately...I DO know...and it does seem to matter. 

The mind is curious thing and does come into play as far as being in a  state of mental bliss.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Already emailed the WC desk.  😉 

• Like 9