How many bags of laundry should I purchase?

NMTraveller

34 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Also if you prepurchase the packages do they leave you something to put your laundry in saying that you have the package?  Do they get the laundry back to you the same day?

No, then you put your information on the laundry slip it will show when they charge you that you have a credit. 

You can pay extra for same day service but that is not part of the service so you would be paying extra.

Our experience with the wash and fold it is usually two days turn around.  In on Monday morning, back sometime on Wednesday. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’ve done a number of 12+ day cruises and one bag has been sufficient. But that is very subjective. We take 7-8 days of clothes and enough underwear but again hard to judge for others. 

One is enough for us. 

den

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind that you generally can’t send out laundry the last few days.  Laundry in by 9am Monday may come back late Tuesday but more likely Wednesday.  Laundry after 9 am Monday is considered in on Tuesday.  

I believe the bags are limited to 30 items ( less in some locations) but the bigger limit is it is 1 bag, not 30 items in 2 bags.  The bags are cloth and have a little give but not much.  If you are sending out long jeans, long sleeve shirts, then it is unlikely you will get close to 30 items.  If you are sending out t-shirts, shorts, leggings, socks, pj’s, undies  then 30 is doable.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So how many pairs of dockers and long sleeve dress shirts could you fit in a bag?

We travel carry on luggage only and use the laundry but not for dockers or nice shirts (those can be wash and press).  Use the laundry bag for pjs, socks, tees, shirts, underclothes - things that can be worn without a lot of care.  Travel in hiking fabric pants so those can be washed in the shower and will dry overnight.   Be sure to have your laundry together early and alert your cabin attendant so it goes in early.  

28 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So how many pairs of dockers and long sleeve dress shirts could you fit in a bag?

I suspect you’ll be very disappointed if you try the wash and fold service for those items. You’d almost certainly want to do laundry and press but that’s a piece rate. I don’t know how much confidence I’d have in chinos or jeans. When I was doing a lot of business travel even for business casual I’d do tropical wool trousers. More confidence in dry cleaning when traveling. The bag rate is great for underwear and socks and OK for polos. At least that’s my experience. YMMV. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, markeb said:

I suspect you’ll be very disappointed if you try the wash and fold service for those items. You’d almost certainly want to do laundry and press but that’s a piece rate. I don’t know how much confidence I’d have in chinos or jeans. When I was doing a lot of business travel even for business casual I’d do tropical wool trousers. More confidence in dry cleaning when traveling. The bag rate is great for underwear and socks and OK for polos. At least that’s my experience. YMMV. 

I send out everything, they are all fine when I get them back 

I amaze how everything fits back in the bag 😁

IMG_4570.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, markeb said:

I suspect you’ll be very disappointed if you try the wash and fold service for those items. You’d almost certainly want to do laundry and press but that’s a piece rate. 

I did order the laundry wash and press package.  It is a bit more.  In the description they say that I can fill up a bag.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I send out everything, they are all fine when I get them back 

I amaze how everything fits back in the bag 😁

IMG_4570.jpeg

That was going to be my next question 🙂  How to get the most into the bag.  Does this work better than tightly rolling?

10 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

That was going to be my next question 🙂  How to get the most into the bag.  Does this work better than tightly rolling?

I believe my wife rolled some of the stuff , also since we are Elite we allowed 30 items ( best elite benefit😁) , so it could been more than 1 bag 

If you just want wrinkled clothes refreshed, you can try having them steamed, or hang then in the bathroom, take a hot shower and let them steam.  Often does the trick, depending on the fabric ( linen, may not work, but cotton or some silk blends it should work).  

• Thanks 1

What happens if you turn your laundry in too late 🙂  Do they tell you no more laundry or ... 🤣🤣🤣

You pick it up on the next cruise.  Asking for a friend 🤣

I would assume that there is some last day that you can turn laundry in and they will get it back to you on the last day?

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Probably  6-8 of each plus some miscellaneous other small items but they will come back wrinkled.  We tried sending DH dress shirts out in wash and fold and had to send them back out to be pressed.

• Like 2