tipping

eightofninekev

1 hour ago, Waju said:

This topic raises its ugly head at least every couple of months.  As this is a P&O board we all know tipping is included, if you want to tip extra then do so, but why do you feel the need to tell everyone else?    If you don't want to tip extra then that's fine too because you have already paid them in your fare - don't let those who won't miss the money make you feel bad.

Its your holiday - enjoy it your way!

Simple and I suppose that goes for anyone's choice of food and drink as well.

Keep up the topics changed 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 9265359 said:

Some, not all. 

In my experience most people exercise some variance and would not for example drink a big bold robust red with a delicate dish or a light sensitive delicate white with a big lump of red meat. 

I would drink Jamshed red with everything, because I love their wines. Why risk the possibility of a dodgy expensive french wine, when you gcan guarantee satisfaction every time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would drink Jamshed red with everything, because I love their wines. Why risk the possibility of a dodgy expensive french wine, when you gcan guarantee satisfaction every time.

Love Jamshed, although I may swap between Tempranillo and Malbec depending whether I was having steak or fish.

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I don’t think that I’ve tried Jam Shed. I will give it a go next month. Is it only available in the Glasshouse? I can’t see it on the MDR wine list that I took a photo of when on Ventura.

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I don’t think that I’ve tried Jam Shed. I will give it a go next month. Is it only available in the Glasshouse? I can’t see it on the MDR wine list that I took a photo of when on Ventura.

Only in the Glasshouse I think. If anyone knows better I would love to hear about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It is only available in the glasshouse. But I was using it as an example of why some people prefer to drink a reliable favourite inexpensive wine, rather than risk getting one of the 10-20%  dodgy bottles of expensive French wine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Now that tips are included on P&O, do you still leave tips?

I am thinking the cabin steward or if in a suite, your butler 

Maybe have a read of this thread from the 5th of this month ?

• Like 3