Is The Chair Hogging Dilemma Unsolvable?

harryw

On 12/7/2023 at 6:27 PM, fyree39 said:

But, isn't this the point of all cruisers who exhibit certain behaviors? "My cruise will be improved if I enjoy things of my choosing, regardless of the thoughts of others." Next it will be personal bluetooth speakers around the pool and on balconies. Saints preserve us.

We recently experienced just that, here on the Sky Princess. A male passenger, with his female companion sat near us in a somewhat quiet area on Deck 17 (above the pool deck).  He attached a pretty large blue tooth speaker to the ship railing and soon we had loud rap filling the void.  This went on for about an hour until they decided to leave. 

We live in an era of me, me, me.  Why should ships be any different?  That man was not trying to be nasty, but simply wanted to enjoy his music.   He could have cared less about disturbing others.  Nearby crew ignored it because they do not want to confront anyone.  Other passengers got up and moved to other parts of the ship.

Hank

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Nearby crew ignored it because they do not want to confront anyone.

Why don't pax (you???) address the crew member and ask for change. If nothing occurs I'd go find a supervisor and bring them to the site.

22 minutes ago, clo said:

Why don't pax (you???) address the crew member and ask for change. If nothing occurs I'd go find a supervisor and bring them to the site.

They would likely consider me an aggressive trouble maker.

As to dealing with chair hogs, we know of one proven solution.  When the staff sees an empty chair they simply retold the towel and leave it on the chair.  If the towel remains untouched for a half hour they clear the chair (any personal items are sent to list/found).

Hank

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

They would likely consider me an aggressive trouble maker.

As to dealing with chair hogs, we know of one proven solution.  When the staff sees an empty chair they simply retold the towel and leave it on the chair.  If the towel remains untouched for a half hour they clear the chair (any personal items are sent to list/found).

Hank

Sorry I was referring to the music.

1 hour ago, Critically Cruising said:

Well, that explains it.

I've seen the blue tooth speaker thing on Oceania also. Right out by the pool in front of the Waves Bar(in the middle, not on the port side like O ships) on one of the R ships. No one said anything to them. 

4 minutes ago, Needzavacation said:

We’re on Vista now. In the category of “I thought I’d seen everything,” two

loungers were being saved one morning. One was occupied by a pair of sunglasses and the other by … an apple.  

I think those hogs should have returned to have to find a new snack to replace their delicious apple and perhaps a trip to the boutique to purchase some new sunglasses which I swear I didn’t notice when I sat down.  😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I think those hogs should have returned to have to find a new snack to replace their delicious apple and perhaps a trip to the boutique to purchase some new sunglasses which I swear I didn’t notice when I sat down.  😉

Oh gosh, oh no...someone lost their sunglasses! I better turn them in to lost and found. (that sarcasm font would be really handy right now 😉 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Needzavacation said:

loungers were being saved one morning. One was occupied by a pair of sunglasses and the other by … an apple.  

Odd but real. I hope by the time my cruise arrives the apple would either be eaten or rotted out

1 hour ago, Needzavacation said:

I might have taken the lounger with the apple and enjoyed a bite :).  Also easy enough to turn the sunglasses into a crew member and tell them you found them near the pool.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Needzavacation said:

One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole barrel. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 4:26 PM, Hlitner said:

We recently experienced just that, here on the Sky Princess. A male passenger, with his female companion sat near us in a somewhat quiet area on Deck 17 (above the pool deck).  He attached a pretty large blue tooth speaker to the ship railing and soon we had loud rap filling the void.  This went on for about an hour until they decided to leave. 

We live in an era of me, me, me.  Why should ships be any different?  That man was not trying to be nasty, but simply wanted to enjoy his music.   He could have cared less about disturbing others.  Nearby crew ignored it because they do not want to confront anyone.  Other passengers got up and moved to other parts of the ship.

Hank

If this had been us, my spouse would have removed & turned it over to the pool staff. He can enjoy his music.. It's called ear buds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I might have taken the lounger with the apple and enjoyed a bite :).  Also easy enough to turn the sunglasses into a crew member and tell them you found them near the pool.

Hank

Then just leave the Apple there. If that doesn't get the message across. nothing will

• Haha 1

The simple thing to do is grow some "courage" & stake your claim. Remember YOU all paid for this cruise. Don't let the self entitled win. As "Maxine" once said: When someone treats you like lemons, don't make lemonade. Take a lemon wedge & squeeze it right in their eye.If you have to suffer, don't suffer alone LOL!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Then reserve & hog them for the entire day?

I am not sailing until the end of January and already. I'm worried about not getting a lounger

Perhaps I can get a friend of mine who is sailing in early january to reserve one me..

Joking I'm sure I'll find a place to hit somewhere

• Like 1