Here's The Problem - What's The Solution

Hawkstar33

I am just thinking out loud and my hands are moving on the keyboard;  this is NOT directed at anyone, but I am sharing my opinion...

Everyone has a right to share information on these boards, even if some do not want to hear it.  No one is being made to quote what anyone says, but at least more, IMHO, could be a little less condescending, along with bringing all their personal baggage with it.  Don’t like it; don’t comment.  Block those who you feel are not justified to make a comment...the world can be a real frustrating place; unfortunately, more so now because so many enjoy the feeling of superiority on this board when they comment and it makes them feel good.  Most do not act like that on a cruise, but Cruise Critic is open season 12 months a year!  I completely understand people making a statement whether someone agrees or disagrees with it.  However, if you are really, really angry, there are better ways to take out that frustration than replying to someone and adding that superiority factor by egging a person on, twisting their information, along with replying to their comment as a king or queen on Cruise Critic!  However, bring it on if it makes you feel good!

We are all equal and have a right to our opinions and do not need to be reprimanded because we share them.  There is a monitor for that!  Just because you believe what a person says is unthinkable, the real world is full of people who don’t think like you.  That’s why so many have issues with compromising, understanding another’s point of view and sometimes just letting things go...life is way too short.  Many of you would be shocked at the amount of people who choose not to utter a word, but read Cruise Critic daily; there are also those who would not.  I believe some confuse a person sharing their feelings or situations with those who take it personally, quote and go into attack mode.  again, there is a monitor to curtail that and apply the rules.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Seems like an answer for some, but not all.    Alot of good discussion for sure, about a very important topic.   That's exactly what these boards are for.  It's good to hear what others think, for the most part.  

Unfortunately,  Passengers do not make cruise line decisions..only their own!

43 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You don’t think Celebrity views Carnival as a competitor?

I would hope not.  That is a very low bar to set.

If it does we will quickly have beach wear in the dining rooms and hairy chest contests at the pool.  Beer pong anyone?  🤣

But now that you mention it they did add the 3 day Coco Cay or Perfect Day cruises...

Edited by NMTraveller

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

Semantics. I mean that Royal Caribbean Group views the Carnival cruise line as a competitor to their Celebrity Cruises line. 

No semantics...Was making a point as to whom is running the show these days, and whom would be concerned, which they appear not to be, for the most part about anything, anyway.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I would hope not.  That is a very low bar to set... But now that you mention it they did add the 3 day Coco Cay or Perfect Day cruises...

Of course Carnival is a competitor. It's been right in front of you this whole time.

tumblr_inline_mwbm2lH4lf1s2dvid.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I would hope not.  That is a very low bar to set.

If it does we will quickly have beach wear in the dining rooms and hairy chest contests at the pool.  Beer pong anyone?  🤣

But now that you mention it they did add the 3 day Coco Cay or Perfect Day cruises...

Wait.  Are you telling me that on Celebrity there are NOT hairy chest contests?  Is it too late to cancel?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

There was a big difference between Royal and Celebrity from what I noticed

Can you be more specific...  There used to be a big difference.  Celebrity has adopted many of the Royal policies.  So I call Celebrity Royal.  Cruise Critic should merge the two boards.

Edited by NMTraveller

14 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Well I am sailing on the Royal Millenium for my next cruise.  I suppose that if they keep up with the cuts it will be the Carnival Millenium.

I think still they have a different vibe.  I enjoy both, but admit I have not been on Celebrity since before the pandemic.  I'm a little discouraged reading all the negativity on this Celebrity forum.  To be fair, I see similar cutback complaints on the other cruise line forums.  

Too many experts proselytizing too many if's and's or but's for me. I can't keep up anymore. Not that I want to, mind you. What started out as a Celebrity thread has devolved into a nonsensical mishmash of one-upmanship, with no winner in sight. A Carnival forum, indeed. Bring on the Merry-Go-Round. We've already got the clowns. 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Too many experts proselytizing too many if's and's or but's for me. I can't keep up anymore. Not that I want to, mind you. What started out as a Celebrity thread has devolved into a nonsensical mishmash of one-upmanship, with no winner in sight. A Carnival forum, indeed. Bring on the Merry-Go-Round. We've already got the clowns. 

Yup whatever you just said, but here you are again at the circus....

49 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Haven’t you heard? No more clowns on Celebrity due to cutbacks. There’s now just a head clown and a circus team. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Haven’t you heard? No more clowns on Celebrity due to cutbacks. There’s now just a head clown and a circus team. 

I think that the head clown service was replaced by a team of lesser clowns...  You only get head clowns in the Royal Suites or above...

• Haha 1

While ships are full and cruise lines are making record profits, this will never change. Cutbacks help the stock price, ships are still full with more onboard spend per passenger, shareholders (including executives) are happy with the results. 

The cruising public's only "answer" right now is to change cruise lines. People get PO'ed at Carnival, they go to Royal. People get upset at Royal, they go to Celebrity. People swear off Celebrity, they go to Princess. Merry-go-round that only benefits the companies.

The only answer is to stop cruising for a while. Take your vacations using other means. Do it while there's not a recession, not a worldwide virus issue or terrorist problem, so the cruise lines can only look at themselves. 

I don't think that will happen. 

• Like 1

From the latest Value Line report on the RCL corporation(parent of RCL and Celebrity) :

"Demand for sailings should continue to increase over the next few years. Indeed, booking volume for 2024 is up significantly compared to all previous years and at record high prices."

Despite the doom and gloom that seems to be the majority opinion on this board, people must like the product or wouldn't be scheduling cruises in record numbers and at record prices. 

11 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

From the latest Value Line report on the RCL corporation(parent of RCL and Celebrity) :

"Demand for sailings should continue to increase over the next few years. Indeed, booking volume for 2024 is up significantly compared to all previous years and at record high prices."

Despite the doom and gloom that seems to be the majority opinion on this board, people must like the product or wouldn't be scheduling cruises in record numbers and at record prices. 

Similar are the stories that our economy is on the rise.  Of course it is, exiting the years of covid, and trying to return to normal.  Unemployment is going down.  Of course it is. because all those receiving free money, had to get a job again.  Numbers and polls are questionable, especially info coming out of the parent company, who must embellish whatever they can, to recover from that bad time.   Yes, we are still currently booking .. People want to totally get back to pre covid ways...But things are truly different then before, thus causing the gloom and doom attitudes.. MANY MANY people unhappy,  amongst all those that are still very happy and willing to take it on the chin, and in the wallet.  Just my thoughts, but I'm thinking less will be booking as time progresses.