Cairns Yorkeys Knob Flooding

Our son lives there and yesterday morning, he had a metre of water thru his house and rising! 
No contact today unfortunately.

CHILLI if you read this, did they have a Captains Corner when you were on Brilliance.? None today and I was a little surprised.Also, no one has mentioned the whole cruise about our change of itinerary, not a word! It is like it didn’t exist.

Also,,the staff have gone out of their way in the last few days to make sure everyone is happy. I think they know the guest satisfaction surveys are around the corner. We even got our Chops Steak bill taken care of my Head Waiter.

22 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Our son lives there and yesterday morning, he had a metre of water thru his house and rising! 
No contact today unfortunately.

CHILLI if you read this, did they have a Captains Corner when you were on Brilliance.? None today and I was a little surprised.Also, no one has mentioned the whole cruise about our change of itinerary, not a word! It is like it didn’t exist.

Also,,the staff have gone out of their way in the last few days to make sure everyone is happy. I think they know the guest satisfaction surveys are around the corner. We even got our Chops Steak bill taken care of my Head Waiter.

They did have the captains corner in the theatre but it wasn’t very rewarding.

English was not the captain’s first language .Most of the questions were answered by the Hotel manager,which was  Australian . Maybe he was his translator or something.

I remember someone asked about the incoming emission laws .The hotel manager said it doesn’t effect us in Australia ,which is totally wrong.

The hotel manager was waffling on about Lelepa. He give the impression that it was just about to open and get ready for it . Which isn’t correct. Even the next cruise channel had a thing about Lelepa.  But nothing has happened on the island.

I know the cyclone is nothing to do with Royal Caribbean but I thought you might have gotten some kind of public relations thing.
My sister is onboard with friends and they have loved it . It’s not what they wanted but that’s life.

Im still trying to get my credit off Royal. They are denying they said 100% ,they said it was only 20%.

Lucky I kept the letter which says 100% , I Had to email it to them and they said they will get back to me.

I am glad your sister is enjoying herself. I do wonder that there was no Captains Corner as he might have been asked questions about compensation.? Many people not happy, with their lack of communication.

We are going ok, but not rushing back to Royal in a hurry I do not think. It would have to be a very good itinerary.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I am glad your sister is enjoying herself. I do wonder that there was no Captains Corner as he might have been asked questions about compensation.? Many people not happy, with their lack of communication.

We are going ok, but not rushing back to Royal in a hurry I do not think. It would have to be a very good itinerary.

There’s no more overnights,docked in Cairns. I’m hoping in the near future they might let Celebity Edge dock. 
Apart from that,not much to look forward to with RCG in Australia unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, resordanis said:

Many people just looking for some compensation probably, I mean Cairns and the north of Qld is a total disaster area.  Royals job is to deliver a good cruise and those that I've spoken to are having a ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bretts173 said:

Many people just looking for some compensation probably, I mean Cairns and the north of Qld is a total disaster area.  Royals job is to deliver a good cruise and those that I've spoken to are having a ball.

Just say they did go to Cairns, wouldn’t there would be a lot more unhappy people.

The people I have chatted with onboard are satisfied with the cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Really, not all. Many unhappy atm unfortunately. I actually haven’t heard of many wanting compensation. It was mainly that many guests did not know of the changes at all.

45 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Just say they did go to Cairns, wouldn’t there would be a lot more unhappy people.

The people I have chatted with onboard are satisfied with the cruise.

My problem is not with the change which I accept. My problem is with Royal Caribbean. The nickel and diming as they say. After 300 nights, might give it a rest!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bretts173 said:

What’s planned for Christmas holidays @bretts173. Ovation?

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

What’s planned for Christmas holidays @bretts173. Ovation?

No, giving the Christmas holidays a break this year, love kids and mine are 13 and 15 but need a slightly less hectic cruise this time. I turn 50 in Feb also, so doing a B2B, both go to NZ but different itineraries. First one without kids, 2nd with kids and my brother, his wife and my mother. Been to NZ a few times so itinerary not that important anyway. 

My brother lives in Vancouver so have Alaska booked in July and next Christmas off to the Carribbean plus one on Quantum with my other brother who lives up north. Need to save some pennies.

What's your cruising plans?

1 hour ago, bretts173 said:

No, giving the Christmas holidays a break this year, love kids and mine are 13 and 15 but need a slightly less hectic cruise this time. I turn 50 in Feb also, so doing a B2B, both go to NZ but different itineraries. First one without kids, 2nd with kids and my brother, his wife and my mother. Been to NZ a few times so itinerary not that important anyway. 

My brother lives in Vancouver so have Alaska booked in July and next Christmas off to the Carribbean plus one on Quantum with my other brother who lives up north. Need to save some pennies.

What's your cruising plans?

Just a couple of domestic cruises on Brilliance and one on Edge this season.

Then I might venture overseas . It looks like covid is out of the headlines.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Sadly it's back in NZ headlines, the newest strain is more contagious than the previous strain, so people are catching it, hospitalisations are up and even deaths are up - so stay aware and keep yourselves protected and safe 😷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We are on Brilliance in Alaska so my kids would have killed me if we didn't do Ovation. Adventure and Wonder from Florida.

Yorkeys Knob Boating Club doesn’t appear to be affected with the exception of a few generator incidents.

Bingo is on this morning plus they are also a flood  help centre giving out food supplies to those who need help. 
This club is where the tenders depart from on cruise days. 

Edited by springaussie
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 12:24 PM, Chiliburn said:

They did have the captains corner in the theatre but it wasn’t very rewarding.

English was not the captain’s first language .Most of the questions were answered by the Hotel manager,which was  Australian . Maybe he was his translator or something.

I remember someone asked about the incoming emission laws .The hotel manager said it doesn’t effect us in Australia ,which is totally wrong.

The hotel manager was waffling on about Lelepa. He give the impression that it was just about to open and get ready for it . Which isn’t correct. Even the next cruise channel had a thing about Lelepa.  But nothing has happened on the island.

I know the cyclone is nothing to do with Royal Caribbean but I thought you might have gotten some kind of public relations thing.
My sister is onboard with friends and they have loved it . It’s not what they wanted but that’s life.

Im still trying to get my credit off Royal. They are denying they said 100% ,they said it was only 20%.

Lucky I kept the letter which says 100% , I Had to email it to them and they said they will get back to me.

The importance of keeping written records!!  Well done.  

Not this time, They will only give me 20% credit and I still haven’t got that.

To be honest , I didn’t expect to get anything so I just agreed .

Have you given up on the 100% Chill, they promised it to you, ring BIG GAV !!

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Have you given up on the 100% Chill, they promised it to you, ring BIG GAV !!

You can’t get blood out of a stone uncle Les and even harder to get it out of a multi national.

BIG GAV ! He doesn’t even have a landline to his office . He will probably be working out of the boot of his car soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You can’t get blood out of a stone uncle Les and even harder to get it out of a multi national.

BIG GAV ! He doesn’t even have a landline to his office . He will probably be working out of the boot of his car soon.

Chili on Brilliance last week, I kept getting charged for my Diamond + drinks,  and then having extra so  one day I asked the Loyalty Ambassador for 2 bottles of extra water for the inconvenience of getting charged for extra drinks. The look on her face, you would have thought I was asking for a free cruise! She gave them to me, but said it was a once only!😩😩