Lost item

My sister left a very expensive item on the Vision.  Royal is telling her she cannot call the ship directly to ask if it was found — that she has to file a claim with Royal in Miami and not ask the ship if anything was found.  Anyone have experience with that?  Does that sound right — she cannot call the ship directly?

8 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

My sister left a very expensive item on the Vision.  Royal is telling her she cannot call the ship directly to ask if it was found — that she has to file a claim with Royal in Miami and not ask the ship if anything was found.  Anyone have experience with that?  Does that sound right — she cannot call the ship directly?

I have read a number of posts in the past that suggest lost items are processed through a company called [something like] charger back (someone please correct me if I've got that name wrong).

There is a live thread on the boards by a poster who is on board Vision right now. Might be worth asking them if they might be able to assist.

Either way, you're going to have to file a claim with Royal if she decides to file an insurance claim for the lost/stolen/misplaced piece of jewelry. The insurance company will require the official claim denial from Royal that the piece couldn't be located with the insurance claim. They'll also require a copy of the original receipt from when it was purchased. And then, the insurance for lost jewelry is limited at $500.

15 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Either way, you're going to have to file a claim with Royal if she decides to file an insurance claim for the lost/stolen/misplaced piece of jewelry. The insurance company will require the official claim denial from Royal that the piece couldn't be located with the insurance claim. They'll also require a copy of the original receipt from when it was purchased. And then, the insurance for lost jewelry is limited at $500.

Serisously?  You have no idea what the OP's insurance claim requirements or reimbursement limits are........,.,,.good grief.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Who said anything about jewelry? OP said "expensive item", no mention of jewelry.

• Like 1