Celebrity breach of contract.

Andy&Mary Reno

1 hour ago, hcat said:

What fed ct did you file in? 

Just checked Nevada District Court...nothing there either.  In fact, as of 7:30am this morning, I can't find any filings in any US District Court involving Celebrity or their parent company since a personal injury case filed on December 22 in the Southern District of Florida (Glick v. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, 1:23-cv-24865).  🤔

15 hours ago, Cap_D said:

Just FYI - The current face of the butler team is the housekeeper that cleans and has no method to communicate or coordinate with the rest of the team... that's not a butler and a lot closer to every sky suite passenger is on their own, schedule dependent, to interface with any other service or product on the ship, e.g., by waiting in lines, waiting on hold, retrieving VM messages, having to use a corded phone and not being on the balcony, retreat sundeck or anywhere except bedside or in the toilet room (but the retreat team attendant may be available to keep it clean). 

Setting aside the fired butler and their services, also missing seems to be the "Luminae room service breakfast menu" that is promoted with the Retreat as a stateroom amenity at time of booking a sky suite (including for the Xcel sailings in 2025-26).  Breakfast may be worth around $25-40 / per passenger, per day if it's a Luminae multi course and dish meal made to order. 

Wow. Too bad there isn't a retreat concierge - to help passengers with reservations so they don't have to see on their toilet all day waiting for a call back.

Did they remove RS breakfast from suites?? Or is it just upsetting to have that delivered by room service instead of a butler. 

1 hour ago, alexandria said:

Just checked Nevada District Court...nothing there either.  In fact, as of 7:30am this morning, I can't find any filings in any US District Court involving Celebrity or their parent company since a personal injury case filed on December 22 in the Southern District of Florida (Glick v. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, 1:23-cv-24865).  🤔

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story here.😀

Happy New Year!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I think the main purpose of having a "butler" from Celebrity's perspective is that they could use the term in advertising to spin the luxury aspect of being in a suite.   They probably heard on post cruise surveys that most didn't really use the butler and as occupancy was near 100% they wisely decided to direct those resources elsewhere.   If they hear otherwise from the 99% of cruisers who don't post here you may see the butler return.  

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Wow. Too bad there isn't a retreat concierge - to help passengers with reservations so they don't have to see on their toilet all day waiting for a call back.

Did they remove RS breakfast from suites?? Or is it just upsetting to have that delivered by room service instead of a butler. 

The point is people didn’t get what they paid for.  They might not need it but they did pay for it and should receive it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, riredsox said:

The point is people didn’t get what they paid for.  They might not need it but they did pay for it and should receive it.  

Complaining that they will be chained the inside of their cabin and/or toilet because they don't get a butler is a silly argument. It deserves a silly response. 

29 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Complaining that they will be chained the inside of their cabin and/or toilet because they don't get a butler is a silly argument. It deserves a silly response. 

Silly or not, my cruise mantra is "On the cruise every minute counts"; so, typically on cruises I sleep between 1 am and 6:30 am and don't spend any other time in the cabin besides changing my clothes (I take shower in the spa area after going to sauna every day).  So, I don't want to seat in my cabin waiting for anything (a few times I had such "painful" experience, when I was told to wait for calling me back in a few minutes, but in reality, it was close to half an hour).

4 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Silly or not, my cruise mantra is "On the cruise every minute counts"; so, typically on cruises I sleep between 1 am and 6:30 am and don't spend any other time in the cabin besides changing my clothes (I take shower in the spa area after going to sauna every day).  So, I don't want to seat in my cabin waiting for anything (a few times I had such "painful" experience, when I was told to wait for calling me back in a few minutes, but in reality, it was close to half an hour).

If you aren't there when they call, they leave a message. I've never felt like I had to "wait" in my room for anything. And that's with no Butler.

59 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

If you aren't there when they call, they leave a message. I've never felt like I had to "wait" in my room for anything. And that's with no Butler.

You are correct besides times when a call back is related to something urgent that I need to know right away (if possible).  My whole statement was not related to a butler service (when we had a butler, we didn't use anything from him/her - it was always awkward feeling: a person is breathing in your neck waiting for a "command", but there is no the command).

Edited by kirtihk

On 12/28/2023 at 11:29 AM, MagPie60 said:

This can't be real Who in this crazy, cruel, unequal world gets so upset - to the level of a law suit - about a butler? 

yup I was thinking the same and found your reply to agree with.

I am so glad that I am very low maintenance.  I like interior room, don't drink or gamble and enjoy the buffets as much as MDR.  Cruise lines have to try hard to please all types and for the most part they do.  But really who needs a butler.  oh well. 

On 12/28/2023 at 3:15 AM, Andy&Mary Reno said:

You cant enforce a contract that was presented  after transaction initiated. 

Considering that the ticket contract makes no mention of the butler services, the contract was presented when you booked the cruise, there was no change to the ticket contract.

On 12/28/2023 at 3:15 AM, Andy&Mary Reno said:

We filed today in Federal court,

Hopefully, you filed in the "US District Court for the Southern District of Florida", since according to the contract that did not change after your booking, this is the only jurisdiction that will handle non-injury claims.

Hopefully, your lawyer is versed in maritime law (probably extremely rare in Vegas), because that is what is involved here, or he/she is taking you for a  ride.

44 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Considering that the ticket contract makes no mention of the butler services, the contract was presented when you booked the cruise, there was no change to the ticket contract.

This is still being sent out prior to cruising in a Sky Suite, but most of what is mentioned is not happening :

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-butler?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_12874600&rid=1073161705&mes=Retreat Emails 2022 T1&emsc=CCC_EPL_USA_NAN_SL_03-27-24_WEB_13_ASIAREPO&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=RETREAT_HOST&rcid=83343339

12 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

And, again, the ticket contract states ". In the event of any conflict between such other brochure or website materials and this Ticket Contract, the terms of this Ticket Contract shall prevail."  So, regardless of what advertising is made regarding a butler, they can change or eliminate them at any time.  The ticket contract allows them to change any "services or activities" on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excerpts from an email received yesterday.

The BUTLER AND TEAM  takes you to the page in my previous link.

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 at 01:34
Subject: Your action is needed to help us personalize your upcoming Celebrity Solstice cruise

AMENITIES
BUTLER AND TEAM
COMPLIMENTARY 24-HOUR IN-SUITE DINING,
INCLUDING FULL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, & DINNER
COMPLIMENTARY WELCOME BOTTLE OF
CHAMPAGNE OR SPARKLING WINE
COMPLIMENTARY IN-SUITE ESPRESSO & CAPPUCCINO
FRESH FRUIT DELIVERED UPON REQUEST
PRIORITY CHECK-IN, DEPARTURE & PORT TENDERING/BOARDING
RESERVED THEATER SEATING ON EVENING CHIC NIGHT

2 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Excerpts from an email received yesterday.

The BUTLER AND TEAM  takes you to the page in my previous link.

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 at 01:34
Subject: Your action is needed to help us personalize your upcoming Celebrity Solstice cruise

AMENITIES
BUTLER AND TEAM
COMPLIMENTARY 24-HOUR IN-SUITE DINING,
INCLUDING FULL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, & DINNER
COMPLIMENTARY WELCOME BOTTLE OF
CHAMPAGNE OR SPARKLING WINE
COMPLIMENTARY IN-SUITE ESPRESSO & CAPPUCCINO
FRESH FRUIT DELIVERED UPON REQUEST
PRIORITY CHECK-IN, DEPARTURE & PORT TENDERING/BOARDING
RESERVED THEATER SEATING ON EVENING CHIC NIGHT

Other than the Espresso and fruit (neither of which we asked for) we got everything.    Are you on the March 27 cruise?

22 hours ago, markeb said:

Troll on a hacked account? Last post before Tuesday was in 2018 on Disney. Just saying...

Yes, very possible, it has all the earmarks...especially the short timeframe of the threatened actions...